The AshFX System - Version II

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 19-03-2009, 18:13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eychenz View Post
hello ash
the new system ashfx2 is good , it has less SL than the first one.
but i think that the profit has become less too , isn't it?
Nope, the profit is actually more. Compare the past 6 months of the old system, with the past 6 months of this new system. You'll see the new system beats the old one.
Old 19-03-2009, 18:14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
If you took them you could have made a few thousand pips. :mad:
I am human remember!
Old 19-03-2009, 18:14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
Thanks Ash for sharing your system!
No more words to say.
I live in South America, if you ever come to here I would like to share your hand!
Thanks for the kind words Dolphin, it means a lot to me.

I hope the system will help us all make lots of pips.
Old 19-03-2009, 19:05
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungggi View Post
Hello there,

This is in fact one point, that should be toghetere with this strategy.

I'm attaching an Indicator, that in my opinion catches the important trends (per timefrime) and could save you from bad trades or give you also a profit target in addition to the rules.
Hi,

DO you have please some explication for this Indicator ?
TimeFrame ? Pairs ?

It's mean very interesting

Sorry for my english

Thanks in advance
Old 19-03-2009, 19:06
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldRaygun View Post
Here it is
RR,

can you explain the parameter setting inside EA?

thanks
Old 19-03-2009, 19:07
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Preference of 4H over Daily?

Hello all,

Just out of curiosity, if anything, is there anyone who has been steadily trading AshFX v2 on a timeframe faster than daily (4H or otherwise)? I'm curious as to how results vary (if at all).

TIA, happy trading and keep up the good work (Ash and everyone else)! :)

From me,
dicarlp
Old 19-03-2009, 21:18
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
If you took them you could have made a few thousand pips. :mad:
despite that I like the more conservative but sure of Ash style of trading
Old 19-03-2009, 21:27
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFX View Post
I am human remember!
I know, I know. It would be nice to know the future, sometimes. :D
Old 19-03-2009, 21:56
Level III Lasers Member

There is a long signal on the EU weekly chart. I am taking it now and let's see what happens. :D
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-eu-weekly.jpg  
Old 19-03-2009, 22:52
Super Moderator

Quote:
There is a long signal on the EU weekly chart. I am taking it now and let's see what happens. :D
The system wasn't designed for Weekly charts.

Also, have you seen how long the EU's candle is compared to the past few weeks? It's huge, therefore your SL is gonna be thousands of pips.

Risky game dude.
Old 19-03-2009, 22:54
Level II Lasers Member

Default GBPUSD

Ash,
I had another great day with GBP USD. Just to make sure I follow the procedures correctly, what do you suggest I do with the Stop loss now. Should I perhaps bring it at the opening of yesterday or keep it where it is.
Old 19-03-2009, 23:37
Super Moderator

Default GBP/USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masoud View Post
Ash,
I had another great day with GBP USD. Just to make sure I follow the procedures correctly, what do you suggest I do with the Stop loss now. Should I perhaps bring it at the opening of yesterday or keep it where it is.
Personally, I am out of this trade guys.

Look at the attached pic. Throughout the past few months, there has been strong Support and Resistance at the current location, this is something I can't ignore.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-cable_update_19th_march.jpg  
Old 20-03-2009, 00:35
Level II Lasers Member

Default Risk/Reward

Hi Ash,

I wanted to take a second and thank you so much for this system. I've had the most profitable week I've ever had trading; every trade was a winner (even the ones you guys didn't take :)). I know it can't be that way every week, but I'm sure liking it so far.

My question is about risk reward. It seems that we have huge stop losses a lot of the time (like on the USD/CHF trade yesterday). Have you studied at all what the normal risk/reward is, to see about the long term profitability of this system?

Thank you again, Ash. I really appreciate your sharing.
Old 20-03-2009, 01:05
Level IV Lasers Member

Default EURUSD weekly

Quote:
Are you trading when you see a signal ONLY?

1.The strategy specifies daily and 4h charts.

2.The strategy specifies using Support and resistance awareness.

3. Are you working on any Risk: Reward ratio before pulling the trigger?

4. The strategy specifies enter on CLOSED candles.

I personally find using fib retracements and expansions and extension as my Support and Resistance levels very useful. I use general visual SUPPORT and RESISTANCE levels by squeezing up the chart . It is easier to see.

I have done a fib study on the weekly EURUSD chart and find there is a strong resistance coming up. See chart attached.

I hope you are demo trading till you become more familier with following the rules 100%. This is the only way you will increase your bank account.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-eurusd-weekly.jpg  

Last edited by lrathi; 20-03-2009 at 04:52.
Old 20-03-2009, 06:49
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default MA Indicator

Quote:
Hi Henry,

I noticed in your screen-shot that your MA is changing color when the slope changes. Is that a custom indicator (can't find it on the MT4 platform)? Where did you get it? I would appreciate to know the site where to download it from.

Thanks,

Jesper
Old 20-03-2009, 07:51
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesperweber View Post
Hi Henry,

I noticed in your screen-shot that your MA is changing color when the slope changes. Is that a custom indicator (can't find it on the MT4 platform)? Where did you get it? I would appreciate to know the site where to download it from.

Thanks,

Jesper

Here it is.
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 Signal Line.mq4 (4.1 KB)
File Type: ex4 Signal Line.ex4 (4.0 KB)
Old 20-03-2009, 07:55
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrathi View Post
Are you trading when you see a signal ONLY?

1.The strategy specifies daily and 4h charts.

2.The strategy specifies using Support and resistance awareness.

3. Are you working on any Risk: Reward ratio before pulling the trigger?

4. The strategy specifies enter on CLOSED candles.

I personally find using fib retracements and expansions and extension as my Support and Resistance levels very useful. I use general visual SUPPORT and RESISTANCE levels by squeezing up the chart . It is easier to see.

I have done a fib study on the weekly EURUSD chart and find there is a strong resistance coming up. See chart attached.

I hope you are demo trading till you become more familier with following the rules 100%. This is the only way you will increase your bank account.

Hope this helps.
It is a demo account, but I'm itching to do it live. :D
Old 20-03-2009, 08:13
Level IV Lasers Member

Default My goodwill 2 cents

Quote:
It is a demo account, but I'm itching to do it live. :D
If it is of any help, here is a check list:

1. You get a signal arrow.
2. Place your next support and resistance levels. See if there is enough room for price to move to this level.
2a) I only trade in the direction of the higher TF trend. Check this as a filter too.
3. Work out your Stop loss.
4. Work out in pips the SL and PT.
5. Work out a risk: reward ratio. Do not trade if R:R is less than 1:2
6. Decide what % risk you are comfortable with for each trade. 1-5% is normal. 1-2% conservative and 4-5% agressive.
7. Use a position calculator which I have posted a link to two such risk management sites in an earlier post on this thread.
8. Demo trade till you are are disciplined enough to pull the trigger after this check list for a good 1-3 months.
9. When you find your demo account is increasing consistently, CELEBRATE and go LIVE!

Happy successful trading!
Old 20-03-2009, 08:16
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
If it is of any help, here is a check list:

1. You get a signal arrow.
2. Place your next support and resistance levels. See if there is enough room for price to move to this level.
2a) I only trade in the direction of the higher TF trend. Check this as a filter too.
3. Work out your Stop loss.
4. Work out in pips the SL and PT.
5. Work out a risk: reward ratio. Do not trade if R:R is less than 1:2
6. Decide what % risk you are comfortable with for each trade. 1-5% is normal. 1-2% conservative and 4-5% agressive.
7. Use a position calculator which I have posted a link to two such risk management sites in an earlier post on this thread.
8. Demo trade till you are are disciplined enough to pull the trigger after this check list for a good 1-3 months.
9. When you find your demo account is increasing consistently, CELEBRATE and go LIVE!

Happy successful trading!
Can you work through an example on a chart, please.

Thanx
Old 20-03-2009, 08:24
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Can you work through an example on a chart, please.

Thanx
I would prefer to see you work out an example yourself and give explanations in terms of the checklist and I will check it.

There are many variables in terms of individual traders comfort in terms of S & R methods, risk tolerenace etc. Fib education is whole new area. You need to learn this yourself. Ash has a link where to learn in a post earlier in this thread.

You first, I will check your thinking through.

I believe in self learning as the better way learn.
Old 20-03-2009, 09:43
Level III Lasers Member

Default Brokers & Trades

Just like to know after hearing lots of horror stories about brokers and systems, etc.

If brokers know you are making money using Ash Daily FX v2 (I assume they read up on forums too), is there any way they can make life difficult for you, I mean are they able to manipulate the situation so much so that we will never make a winning trade again?

I hear brokers do this on scalpers, where they increase the spread and kill all profits.

Just like to know as I am new to all this. I can tell you ways stockbrokers can cheat on you :rolleyes:
Old 20-03-2009, 12:09
Level 1 Lasers Member

Send a message via MSN to D_Trader

hedge hog - that sort of issue is resolved if you use a reputable broker that hedges all client orders.

As for those trying Ronald's EA - a visual back test shows some issues with it... not sure if Ronald has identified them himself yet

The gbp/usd trade Ash i'm still in - you have a horizontal line, I have a down trend line which has been broken...
Old 20-03-2009, 12:57
Level IV Lasers Member

Default GBPUSD my take

The gbp/usd trade Ash i'm still in - you have a horizontal line, I have a down trend line which has been broken...[/QUOTE]

D-Trader: A picture paints a thousand words. If possible please include an image of chart to see your downtrendline. I have drawn a downtrendline, hope you see the same.

Your post has highlighted the different ways each trader sees S&R.

1. Ash has a valid horizonal Resistance.
2. Yourself see price breaking a downtrendline
3. Myself , I got out at a 61% fib expansion as the stochastics was also is OB territory.

Looking at the weekly the stochastics is ready to make a retracement OS.
However, looking at daily, there is strong resistance currently.

So, each trader has to decide what drawdown they are willing to stomach.In my case, I prefer to get out and re-enter when the stochastics on daily TF is OS and look at other conditions if signals come up at the time.

Henry, this is the point I was making when I referred to what S&R method are you going to use in your strategy. Also, this thread is full of wonderful resources from Ashfx strategy, risk management, higher TF indicators to checkout and work through an example and the checklist.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbpusd-daily.jpg  
Old 20-03-2009, 13:42
Level III Lasers Member

Default h4 2009.03.20 1200h

What do you think about this?
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbpusd-h4-2009.03.20-1200h.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-cadjpy-h4-2009.03.20-1200h.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-eurusd-h4-2009.03.20-1200h.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-usdchf-h4-2009.03.20-1200h.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-usdjpy-h4-2009.03.20-1200h.gif  

Last edited by dolphin; 20-03-2009 at 13:58.
Old 20-03-2009, 14:10
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
What do you think about this?
Firstly,
Please reply to my email in english in private messages. I dont know what you have said.

Secondly, while this is a valid Ashfx signal, What are your trading rules after you see a signal?

Do you trade with the higher Tf or not?

What method are you using as S&R?

What is your Risk:Reward ratio?

Henry asked me to give an example. My trading rules cover more than the signal. See my checklist in a previous post.

By opinion is according to my trading rules.

To me while this is a valid Ashfx Signal, it does not fit into my trading rules . Why? I trade in the direction of the higher TF. Daily is UP. This is a counter trend trade.
Old 20-03-2009, 14:43
Level II Lasers Member

Default Thanks Ash!

Your version 2 is very nice and am loving the huge pips I made this past week. For the newbies learning this system, don't make it as complicated as it looks. It really is a simple system as long as you can find your S&R and Fib levels. Follow Ash's rules and you will be fine.

BTW Ash... great call on the AUD/NZD call earlier this month made 400 pips on that one. :D

Dual-c
Old 20-03-2009, 15:04
Level IV Lasers Member

Default more appropriate questions for new trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by dual-c View Post
For the newbies learning this system, don't make it as complicated as it looks. It really is a simple system as long as you can find your S&R and Fib levels. Follow Ash's rules and you will be fine.

Dual-c
With Swingman's signal indicator the arrows come in realtime. No brainer!

I agree, one has to concentrate on finding S&R. and then risk management. This is so simple with free calculators too!. Link have been provided in this thread. If you want to trade with the higher TF as a filter, this is an option too. TWO different indicators and strategies have been even kindly shared on this thread. YOUR TREND IS YOUR FRIEND TILL IT BENDS.

Asking what some other trader's think on the valid signals is like saying "HAve you seen the UP and Down arrow using swingman's indicator. We are all seeing the same valid signal.

The more appropriate questions is draw some S&R lines whether it be trendline, fib levels or just horizontal lines on your charts. Show some R:R ratios, how you have calculated it. Show your position size with some explanation. Then ASK:
"IS THIS A PROFITABLE TRADE?"
Old 20-03-2009, 15:50
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Asking what some other trader's think on the valid signals is like saying "Have you seen the UP and Down arrow using swingman's indicator. We are all seeing the same valid signal."
I think that the indicators are useless. I have seen that they are more as 100 downloads, but I haven't seen any chart with the right arrows, only with questions if it gives a valid signal or not...
Because nobody use they, I must stopped the developement and improvement of other versions :p

Last edited by SwingMan; 20-03-2009 at 16:39.
Old 20-03-2009, 16:12
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingMan View Post
I think that the indicators are useless. I have see that they are more as 100 downloads, but I haven't see any chart with the right arrows, only with questions if it gives a valid signal or not...
Because nobody use they, I must stopped the developement and improvement of other versions :p
I am using the arrows and I really like the dashboard you made, so easy to monitor all of the pairs at once! :)

Have a good weekend all :D
Old 20-03-2009, 16:16
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
I think that the indicators are useless. I have see that they are more as 100 downloads, but I haven't see any chart with the right arrows, only with questions if it gives a valid signal or not...
I'm sure many people are using your indicators, SwingMan and that they are as grateful as I am for them. I find them very valuable to save time and the alerts feature for me is particularly useful. So thank you again.
Old 20-03-2009, 16:44
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by costard View Post
I'm sure many people are using your indicators, SwingMan and that they are as grateful as I am for them. I find them very valuable to save time and the alerts feature for me is particularly useful. So thank you again.
Can you please explain the "alert feature" of the dashboard? How does that work and what does it tell you?
Old 20-03-2009, 17:11
Level III Lasers Member

Default Indicator

Quote:
I think that the indicators are useless. I have seen that they are more as 100 downloads, but I haven't seen any chart with the right arrows, only with questions if it gives a valid signal or not...
Swingman, whoever gave you the idea that no one is using your indicators? I think all of us here are really appreciative of your work.
Old 20-03-2009, 17:47
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
Swingman, whoever gave you the idea that no one is using your indicators? I think all of us here are really appreciative of your work.
Couldn't agree more. I recently downloaded the indicator and gave it a look... and plan on reading the brief description I saw regarding its usage this weekend. In fact, another trader on this forum and I were discussing it this afternoon, but the rigors of the week kept me from a more detailed look.

Thanks Swingman... good stuff!
Old 20-03-2009, 18:11
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Swingman

I use the arrows all the time. They are great. You make life very easy for those who value and know the use of them.

Some traders are still struggling to know the basics of the MT4 platform, how to insert these indicators into the platform.

Others dont know how to follow bacic rules of the clearly written and illustrated ASHFXv2 manual leave alone appreciate your advanced indicators.

If only they would use the indicator and dashboard, there would be far less questions on which are valid signals or not ( waste of time and energy) and concentrate on the other aspects of trading like risk management and learning how to draw S&R lines,whether it be trendlines,fibs or just recognising horizontal S&R.

The dashboard is such a fantastic tool. Many of us say thank you one zillion times and do use it. Others have never seen such a magnificent tool leave alone to appreciate the full value of it.

The only improvement (fine tuning)lies in the email alerts for both indicators where they send signals only once at the CLOSE of candle. Once this is functioning properly, those traders who set up SMS alerts to emails are laughing even louder.I will be one of those. If this email alert can come after the close of the candle for indicator , I will know this is the final signal and not have to remember which currency pairs there are potential trades for the next 4 h. At the end of 4h, or daily or weekly the SMS comes and I look at my charts less.

I just love the new features of the dashboard, the little arrows when PSAR first flips and the countdown time left for each timeframe. Just marvellous!!

Please never doubt your indicators, it is just the forum represents traders from beginners to advanced. Some who make more self effort than others to think for themselves and experiment and use the resources kindly provided for them all in one place. Some of us have spent hours looking and learning from other forums. In this forum everything is there all in one place. Profitable straegy, indicators and resources for a complete sucessful trading.

This represents all the goodies given on a golden plate ( not Silver plate)

Some expect others to so their thinking and themselves make minimum effort.

Thanks so much once again.

Last edited by lrathi; 20-03-2009 at 18:23.
Old 20-03-2009, 18:15
Level III Lasers Member

Swingman, I can say I am using your dashboard, and I love it.

The system is amazing, and the indicator is amazing. Once again, many thanks Swingman.

geppyme
Old 20-03-2009, 19:28
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
The only improvement (fine tuning) lies in the email alerts for both indicators where they send signals only once at the CLOSE of candle.
[COLOR="red"]A very, very good idea![/COLOR]

I just love the new features of the dashboard, the little arrows when PSAR first flips and the countdown time left for each timeframe. Just marvellous!!
[COLOR="red"]Really, also for me is this exciting![/COLOR]
- Pleas dont forget I'm only programmer and not a trader, and I learn a lot from Ash, from you and from other guys. :)

Last edited by SwingMan; 20-03-2009 at 21:04.
Old 20-03-2009, 19:54
Level III Lasers Member

Default Thank you Swingman!!!

Quote:
The only improvement (fine tuning)lies in the email alerts for both indicators where they send signals only once at the CLOSE of candle. Once this is functioning properly, those traders who set up SMS alerts to emails are laughing even louder.I will be one of those.

I can't agree more. I have been following the ASH systems and using them with great results for months now. And now that Swingman has added alerts and arrows it is even better. I am studying the dashboard now.
A single alert at the end of the candle would be perfecct. I trade on the H8 time frame and got more than 100 emails for the GBP/JPY pair this morning only to see the candle close with NO ARROW. I am dreaming of the day I can set up a window with H4, H8 and Daily screens on it and get 1 email at the end of each time period.
Thanks again Ash and Swingman for all of the hard work you are putting in and letting US profit from it.
Old 20-03-2009, 21:01
Level 1 Lasers Member

Is anybody trading this system manually? ie just looking at the end-of-day candle, and bringing up the AO, AC and PSAR to see if there are any trades on?

thanks.
Old 20-03-2009, 21:08
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepicker View Post
I am dreaming of the day I can set up a window with H4, H8 and Daily screens on it and get 1 email at the end of each time period.
Sweet dreams to you and @lrathi :D
Old 20-03-2009, 22:02
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepicker View Post
I can't agree more. I have been following the ASH systems and using them with great results for months now.
Which systems are you using cabbagepicker?