Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Systems

The AshFX System - Version II

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23-03-2009, 13:33
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingMan View Post
I hope to fixed the alert-bugs that I founded today in live trading.

Please load and test this last versions.
Swingman I found the same bug as you in last few hours. I will download these new versions and see.

YOu are just a MASTER programmer.! Thanks so much.

I am replying to your earlier post seperately.
Old 23-03-2009, 13:41
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
If you have this questions, maybe are the variable names not the best... :o
Please propos other names :)

- "AlertPeriodUntilBarClose = 5" in the DashBoard, because you have a lot of pairs, and maybe you need time to take decisions.
- If alerts are in place, they are fired one time in the last 5 minutes, before the candle close.
- In the Signal indicator we have an alert in the last 1 minute before the candle close.

- With "ShiftSignals = 1" in the DashBoard you can see and check signals 1 bar ago, with 2, 2 bars ago. This has nothing with Alerts to do. (Forex37 has explained this features.)
Beacuse me english ist very poor, please dont ask extended explanations from me...
This explanation is now clear to me. You are a MASTER programmer!

I have a humble suggestion to you. May I attempt to put a simple WORD document together explaining each input . If it is OK by you, I will send a draft to you PM for confirmation before putting on this forum.
Old 23-03-2009, 14:24
Level IV Lasers Member

Default king pips

I have been having great fun with the CCI divergence.

I came across an example in reverse.ie. Divergence seen on Ao and not CCI
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-eurjpy-30min.jpg  
Old 23-03-2009, 15:04
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrathi View Post
May I attempt to put a simple WORD document together explaining each input . If it is OK by you, I will send a draft to you PM for confirmation before putting on this forum.
OK, this is an other very good idea from you!
Old 23-03-2009, 15:05
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
I have been having great fun with the CCI divergence.

I came across an example in reverse.ie. Divergence seen on Ao and not CCI
Good going, 30 min TF are good to catch them, but other TF if there is any But have to wait longer for them.
I will show more my self, even with the Ashfx if I see them before.
Old 23-03-2009, 15:23
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
OK, this is an other very good idea from you!
Thank you for this honour. It is midnight in Perth, Australia, but will work on it tomorrow.

The new fix of the latest bug, seems to be working well so far. Still early to say for sure.
Old 23-03-2009, 15:28
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pips View Post
Good going, 30 min TF are good to catch them, but other TF if there is any But have to wait longer for them.
I will show more my self, even with the Ashfx if I see them before.
Look forward for this collaboration. I am a fan of trading in the direction of the higher TF. If trading 30 min TF, I should be looking at 4h as my higher TF.

How many pips in terms of Profit Target do you get on this shorter TF? 20pips to play safe? or you use the AO change of colour to EXIT?

I have seen several divergence on the 4h TF today.
Old 23-03-2009, 15:35
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Look forward for this collaboration. I am a fan of trading in the direction of the higher TF. If trading 30 min TF, I should be looking at 4h as my higher TF.

How many pips in terms of Profit Target do you get on this shorter TF? 20pips to play safe? or you use the AO change of colour to EXIT?

I have seen several divergence on the 4h TF today.
S/R and Pivot Points are good Exit Points. Also Use ATR set at 5 and open your data window put your cursor on the bar you went in and it will show you the average amount that bar will give you.
Old 23-03-2009, 19:34
Level IV Lasers Member

Default CCI Early Div. Before Ashfx Signal

Here is a Shot of EUR/GBP Daily that shows CCI DIV. early before the Ashfx signal takes shape or Par. and AO and AC line up. CCI DIV. already made pips on the Mar. 22/09 If you look at the Bottom where the CCI indicator is it shows its below the 100 line level thats where you would go in to trade. This happens all the time Daily TF's to 5 mins. In at sell 0.9412 to 0.9350's,where its now,about but it went to lowest of that bar to 0.9284 thats 128 pips not bad for early trend.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-1000.jpg  

Last edited by King Pips; 23-03-2009 at 19:36.
Old 23-03-2009, 22:22
Level III Lasers Member

Default Coming Back

Hi Ash,

Was with a long time back with Ver1 but fell of the system but now glad its back.

Havent traded yet but starting this week, the V2 looks better and backtesting it looks good for plenty of pips

Well :)done and hope to contribute further

Paul
Old 23-03-2009, 22:38
Level III Lasers Member

Default Bells & Whistles

Hi Back Again,

Good to see lots off people getting into this system and offering indicators and CCI's etc but i think i am going to stick with the NAKED METHOD of trading this system, sure i'll have my Fibs and a few trendlines but that will be it.

I am not going to over complicate this sytem and please do not tkae this the wrong way guys, carry on but i am going to have my style of trading.

And a big big thank you to Ash for taking the time to bring out a newer version of this, he deserves a big pat on the back (or a big glass of beer)

Thanks
Paul
Old 23-03-2009, 22:44
Level II Lasers Member

Of course we all have our own way of trading, but this forum is for the AshFX System--Version II which doesn't include any fibs. Of course Ash has the final say whether he wants people adding fibs/CCI's/ and tons of other indicators, but it would be nice to keep to his original system to check the performance.

I like this system, it has earned me hundreds (if not thousands by now) of pips. I am only concerned about the risk reward because I have not had one signal go to the stop loss yet, but when I do it will be a significant hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffer View Post
Hi Back Again,

Good to see lots off people getting into this system and offering indicators and CCI's etc but i think i am going to stick with the NAKED METHOD of trading this system, sure i'll have my Fibs and a few trendlines but that will be it.

I am not going to over complicate this sytem and please do not tkae this the wrong way guys, carry on but i am going to have my style of trading.

And a big big thank you to Ash for taking the time to bring out a newer version of this, he deserves a big pat on the back (or a big glass of beer)

Thanks
Paul
Old 24-03-2009, 01:10
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
I like this system, it has earned me hundreds (if not thousands by now) of pips. I am only concerned about the risk reward because I have not had one signal go to the stop loss yet, but when I do it will be a significant hit.
FOR ALL NEW TRADERS:
I too have made 1000's of pips on Ash's systems. They are great and easy systems. Do not however be afraid of the eventual loss. It will happen. No sysytem is perfect. I have lost a few times myself. With good money managment (and I am NOT suggesting yours is bad mikec) you should only loose 2-3% of your pot on any 1 trade.
For those mathmaticaly challanged:
If you have a $1,000.00 aaccount, 3% would be $30. If your Stop Loss is 300 pips then your PIP value should only be .10. So if you loose, you only loose 300 x .10=$30. This is called Risk / Reward or R/R for short.
The object of Forex is not to loose you funds, grow them over time, it is a long term process, not a get rich quick game.
Old 24-03-2009, 01:22
Level III Lasers Member

Default Gold and Silver

For those asking if this system works on Gold and Silver. Attached is a pic from my H8 chart, note the smooth arcs leading up to today and then the Swingman arrow showing a sell. If it breaks support it has a good ways to fall. Swingmans indicator works great but do not disregard trades simply because they have no arrow.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gold-h8-3-23-09.gif  

Last edited by cabbagepicker; 24-03-2009 at 01:24.
Old 24-03-2009, 02:12
Level 1 Lasers Member

Great system Ash... been following it for a while (version1). Like the fact that i don't have to sit in front of the comp 24/7 watching it... just wait for everything to line up, pull the trigger and go
Old 24-03-2009, 02:30
Level II Lasers Member

Good post, thank you. I'm not worried about hitting stop losses, I know they will come, I'm more wondering about risk/reward as I have not seen that addressed here. I've asked about it but no response.

I've learned that risk/reward must be king in trading, and it is the one thing I'm not sure of with this system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepicker View Post
FOR ALL NEW TRADERS:
I too have made 1000's of pips on Ash's systems. They are great and easy systems. Do not however be afraid of the eventual loss. It will happen. No sysytem is perfect. I have lost a few times myself. With good money managment (and I am NOT suggesting yours is bad mikec) you should only loose 2-3% of your pot on any 1 trade.
For those mathmaticaly challanged:
If you have a $1,000.00 aaccount, 3% would be $30. If your Stop Loss is 300 pips then your PIP value should only be .10. So if you loose, you only loose 300 x .10=$30. This is called Risk / Reward or R/R for short.
The object of Forex is not to loose you funds, grow them over time, it is a long term process, not a get rich quick game.
Old 24-03-2009, 02:54
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Good post, thank you. I'm not worried about hitting stop losses, I know they will come, I'm more wondering about risk/reward as I have not seen that addressed here. I've asked about it but no response.

I've learned that risk/reward must be king in trading, and it is the one thing I'm not sure of with this system.
I wanna try this system with one standard lot (means 1000$ with 1:100 leverege -> 100.000 units) where one pips is avg 10$ worth.
Old 24-03-2009, 03:14
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Here is a Shot of EUR/GBP Daily that shows CCI DIV. early before the Ashfx signal takes shape or Par. and AO and AC line up. CCI DIV. already made pips on the Mar. 22/09 If you look at the Bottom where the CCI indicator is it shows its below the 100 line level thats where you would go in to trade. This happens all the time Daily TF's to 5 mins. In at sell 0.9412 to 0.9350's,where its now,about but it went to lowest of that bar to 0.9284 thats 128 pips not bad for early trend.
Still a student at this:
see chart attached
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-eurgbp-4h.jpg  
Old 24-03-2009, 03:24
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Thanks!!

Thanks for the system, Is there a perfect time frame? I'll try a few.
Old 24-03-2009, 03:29
Level 1 Lasers Member

Haven't tried Version II yet, but it looks good. Will read up on some of the other posts on this thread and will hopefully be able to test it out soon.
Old 24-03-2009, 03:43
Level III Lasers Member

Default Risk / Reward

Quote:

Here is a pic of a recent trade. Entry would have been at 1.5705. S/L would have been at 1.5100 ( -600 pips) The last swing point. My trailing stop would have been triggered around 1.6637 (+900). Profit would be 900 pips. So Risk / Reward would be 1:1.5 . This is just 1 example, some are less, some are more. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbpchf-r-r.gif  
Old 24-03-2009, 03:56
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepicker View Post
Here is a pic of a recent trade. Entry would have been at 1.5705. S/L would have been at 1.5100 ( -600 pips) The last swing point. My trailing stop would have been triggered around 1.6637 (+900). Profit would be 900 pips. So Risk / Reward would be 1:1.5 . This is just 1 example, some are less, some are more. Hope this helps.
If I may ask:

1.What trailing stop are you using in terms of pips for the daily TF?
2.When do you start it(trailing stop)? When in profit? If so by how many pips?
3.I notice some little donut shaped dots, blue and red on your charts? What does this represent?It seems like S& R. Is this another indicator? Are you willing to share on this forum?

Thanks
Old 24-03-2009, 04:03
Level 1 Lasers Member

I'm a beginner in forex trading and am very impressed with The System, Version II. It's simple to comprehense and appear to be profitable too. Will try it out to gain more knowledge and experience using this system. Thank you .
Old 24-03-2009, 04:08
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default PARABOLIC SAR SETTING

Hi guys,

First I like to say thanks to ASh for the system. But please can someone tell me the settings on the the psar. II am seeing 0.03 as against 0.02. And that gives a different signal from the default 0.02. Is that my mistake or is that the systems setting
Old 24-03-2009, 04:49
Level 1 Lasers Member

hi ash thanks for new version i am impressed. been away for a while. best regards alan
Old 24-03-2009, 05:29
Level III Lasers Member

Default Answers

Quote:
If I may ask:

1.What trailing stop are you using in terms of pips for the daily TF?
2.When do you start it(trailing stop)? When in profit? If so by how many pips?
3.I notice some little donut shaped dots, blue and red on your charts? What does this represent?It seems like S& R. Is this another indicator? Are you willing to share on this forum?
Thanks for the questions,
1. My trailing stops are all manual, no specifcs, just eyeball it.
2. I start it when I am in positive pips, at least 100+ pips usually.
3. The indicator you noticed is the Demark trend line indicator (attached). It's a good indicator for new trend indication, breaking out of the old trend.
4. (Not asked) I scale out of all of my positions. I buy in lots of 3, then after a nice profit I willl sell 1/3rd and move the stop to break even, then after another move up, sell the next 3rd, then let the last 1/3rd run, moving the S/L up as I go.
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 Demark_trend_new.mq4 (13.9 KB)

Last edited by cabbagepicker; 24-03-2009 at 05:31.
Old 24-03-2009, 06:50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wepirl View Post
Great system Ash... been following it for a while (version1). Like the fact that i don't have to sit in front of the comp 24/7 watching it... just wait for everything to line up, pull the trigger and go
Nice one Wepirl.
Old 24-03-2009, 07:02
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Still a student at this:
see chart attached

You enter at arrow 0.9465. Then Exit 1/2 at 0.9386 for 79 pips which is a support, Bring stop to breakeven, and let the other go next support, which is 0.9318 or tail it if you want. Like ASHFX says S/R, S/R you have to know where they are. Like a Sub. hunting for its target.
Look Chart Below
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-1000.jpg  
Old 24-03-2009, 07:47
Level II Lasers Member

How are the results on the 4H trials?
Old 24-03-2009, 08:08
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Like a Sub. hunting for its target.
Haha! I like that comparison!!!
Old 24-03-2009, 08:09
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benscoobert View Post
How are the results on the 4H trials?
I don't know. I've been trading this on daily and had fabulous results so far for march.
Old 24-03-2009, 08:47
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default impressive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppyme View Post
I don't know. I've been trading this on daily and had fabulous results so far for march.
Thanks to Ash for making this system very simple.Wish u many pips
Old 24-03-2009, 10:44
Level III Lasers Member

Default eu/chf call

Hi Ash,

Took the eu/chf trade last night that you e mailed and posted on your free trade calls forum and would just like to thank you for a very nice 80 pips as target reached today.:D

How you do it i dont know but thanks a million for that trade and you are a star

Paul
Old 24-03-2009, 11:03
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thanks for the alert.. got 90 pips for $799.36 thanks again
Old 24-03-2009, 11:04
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Yes, Ash is a star

... How you do it i dont know but thanks a million for that trade and you are a star

Paul[/QUOTE]

Ash is definitely a big time rock star! Thanks to Ash and everyone else who's work and contributions make this thread an awesome one. Keep up the good work! :)

From me,
dicarlp
Old 24-03-2009, 11:07
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default eurchf

Ash,

Once again thanks for the alert, got home from work a little late but still able to get in the trade and hit my TP this morning while I was sleeping. Now that is how trading should be. Making money while I sleep :D.

Thanks
Troy..
Old 24-03-2009, 11:17
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default CHF/JPY

3-19 Did a buy on C/J up over 260 pips
today waiting for signal on E/C and E/G
I'm using interbank so it may not show on FXDD

Thanks Ash swingman and all who contribute
Old 24-03-2009, 12:45
Level III Lasers Member

Default audusd h4 2009.03.24 1600h

seems to be a nice trade!
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-audusd-h4-2009.03.24-1600h.gif  
Old 24-03-2009, 13:19
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam4x View Post
Thanks for the alert.. got 90 pips for $799.36 thanks again
What TF was the free call?
Old 24-03-2009, 14:51
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
You enter at arrow 0.9465. Then Exit 1/2 at 0.9386 for 79 pips which is a support, Bring stop to breakeven, and let the other go next support, which is 0.9318 or tail it if you want. Like ASHFX says S/R, S/R you have to know where they are. Like a Sub. hunting for its target.
Look Chart Below
Turned out a great trade.

May I ask the first exit (what method of exit? Flip of Psar? What Support?

Second exit I see old resistance becomes new support.

Looking at the weekly I see 123 pattern so I have drawn fib expansions for some likely targets.
Price hit 38% and retracing currently.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-eurgbp-4h.jpg  

Last edited by lrathi; 24-03-2009 at 15:24.