Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Systems

The AshFX System - Version II

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20-03-2009, 22:18
Level III Lasers Member

Default Thanks SwingMan

I totally agree with Irathi as I belong to those "some" who are still trying to find the way.
Yet, I could succefully use the arrows,so, many thanks for your effort, but forgive me I don't know the meaning and use of the "dashboard". if anybody can be of help, this ll be appreciated

Last edited by usama1; 20-03-2009 at 22:28.
Old 20-03-2009, 22:41
Level III Lasers Member

Default Systems I follow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Which systems are you using cabbagepicker?
I have been trading the original Ashfx Daily, then added the 8 hour time frame. Now I am using the Verion 2 both Daily and 8 hour.
Old 20-03-2009, 23:16
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyolic View Post
Is anybody trading this system manually? ie just looking at the end-of-day candle, and bringing up the AO, AC and PSAR to see if there are any trades on?

thanks.
I am... just started this week.:)
Old 20-03-2009, 23:24
Level 1 Lasers Member

Send a message via MSN to D_Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MykeFX View Post
I am... just started this week.:)
Likewise... was hoping more of it could be automated (along the lines of Ronald's EA) and I know that it can but its a bit beyond my coding expertise at this stage

Irathi - attached a clean chart with just the line I drew and no indicators to make it more clearer... was in a bit of a rush when I did the last post
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbpusd.gif  
Old 21-03-2009, 00:30
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default 8 hour time frame

Hi cabbage picker , where do you find a 8h time frame,thanks
Old 21-03-2009, 01:28
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usama1 View Post
but forgive me I don't know the meaning and use of the "dashboard". if anybody can be of help, this ll be appreciated
OK, I forgive you! ;) Here is the link, if you do not have the indicator. An explanation find you in the posting of Forex37, here or better in the ForexFactory forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingMan View Post
DashBoard version 4

Last edited by SwingMan; 21-03-2009 at 01:34.
Old 21-03-2009, 03:07
Level III Lasers Member

Default H8 Time frame, or any time period you want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmill View Post
Hi cabbage picker , where do you find a 8h time frame,thanks
You have to create it. Use the Period Converter indicator.
See my post #14 on the original ASHfx Sytem forum. It gives instructions and the indicator. Good luck.
Old 21-03-2009, 07:41
Level 1 Lasers Member

I tried Ronald Raygun's EA (1/1/09 - 3/21/09) for AshFX Version 2 and got the following results:
GBPUSD: 6 trades, 6 wins, 0 losses, [COLOR="green"]+450 pips[/COLOR]
USDJPY: 10 trades, 4 wins, 6 losses, [COLOR="red"]-500 pips[/COLOR]
EURUSD: 12 trades, 7 wins, 5 losses, [COLOR="red"]-650 pips[/COLOR]

I wonder if the system is really profitable or Ronald Raygun did not code it properly :confused:

I must admit I coded the previous original version a few months ago and got similar mixed results :(
Old 21-03-2009, 07:53
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
I tried Ronald Raygun's EA (1/1/09 - 3/21/09) for AshFX Version 2 and got the following results:
GBPUSD: 6 trades, 6 wins, 0 losses, [COLOR="green"]+450 pips[/COLOR]
USDJPY: 10 trades, 4 wins, 6 losses, [COLOR="red"]-500 pips[/COLOR]
EURUSD: 12 trades, 7 wins, 5 losses, [COLOR="red"]-650 pips[/COLOR]

I wonder if the system is really profitable or Ronald Raygun did not code it properly :confused:

I must admit I coded the previous original version a few months ago and got similar mixed results :(
Did you do a visual test of the EA?
Old 21-03-2009, 08:44
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Trader View Post
Did you do a visual test of the EA?
I did it after your post and the code from Raygun works well. One of the negative trades shown on attached screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-ash-vs-ronald.jpg  
Old 21-03-2009, 10:18
Level IV Lasers Member

Here is an update to my EA, folks. My post at FF explains it

:D

Quote:
In your code I missed the candle trade condition: long = Close > Open and short = Close < Open !
I missed what your were getting at, SwingMan, until I saw my ea open a trade with the candle the wrong colour. I have added the necessary code.

I have also added a Volumes filter, using insight gained from the VSA threads. If UseVolume is set to true, the EA checks that market volume has been rising over the previous two candles before placing the trade. The default is false, as this is not part of Ash's strategy.

There were a couple of inputs in the first ea that were not used by the robot. I simply forgot to delete these when I adapted my EA template, and have been removed.
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 AshFx auto-trader EA.mq4 (39.1 KB)
Old 21-03-2009, 12:59
Level IV Lasers Member

Irathi - attached a clean chart with just the line I drew and no indicators to make it more clearer... was in a bit of a rush when I did the last post[/QUOTE]

Did you see the bullish divergence and the observe the Higher Low (HL). This is indicating a trend change for the current chart.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbpusd-daily.jpg  

Last edited by lrathi; 21-03-2009 at 13:07.
Old 21-03-2009, 13:21
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
- Pleas dont forget I'm only programmer and not a trader, and I learn a lot from Ash, from you and from other guys. :)
I love the humility: "ONLY A PROGRAMMER".......VERY HIGH CALIBER PROGRAMMER.

I love the symbiosis: You a programmer learning to trade from myself and others in the forum. Us all traders learning from each other and have you as the programmer coding the strategy at a very high level/standard.. All helping each other trade better with ease and make money and change lives for the better.
Old 21-03-2009, 13:30
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to db-trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrathi View Post
I love the humility: "ONLY A PROGRAMMER".......VERY HIGH CALIBER PROGRAMMER.

I love the symbiosis: You a programmer learning to trade from myself and others in the forum. Us all traders learning from each other and have you as the programmer coding the strategy at a very high level/standard.. All helping each other trade better with ease and make money and change lives for the better.
I agree Irathi. I am overwhelmed at how much help there is on this forum. I joined the Skype chatroom and have learned so much from chatting to others and discussing the systems. I have followed other forums but this one is by far the best.

Thanks to everyone. I am learning something new every day.
Old 21-03-2009, 13:30
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by studyolic View Post
Is anybody trading this system manually? ie just looking at the end-of-day candle, and bringing up the AO, AC and PSAR to see if there are any trades on?

thanks.
I do not understand your question?

Those who use the EA or not?

The two EA's have no longterm performance results yet. So I assume all are manually trading.

Of course those not using the EA is doing just looking at EOD candle with the ASHFX indicators PLUS Swingman's indicators.

Are you not using Swingman's indicators in conjuntion with ASHFX indcators?

I recommend you do unless you have isssues with CHANGE and making trading easier!
Old 21-03-2009, 19:44
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosih36 View Post
Hi,

DO you have please some explication for this Indicator ?
TimeFrame ? Pairs ?

It's mean very interesting

Sorry for my english

Thanks in advance
hi, here's an extract:
SUGGESTIONS FOR USE
1. Put on WK chart, set color, remove from chart.
2. Repeat on all currency pairs you trade.
3. Change TF to D1, set color, remove from chart.
4. Repeat on all currency pairs you trade.
and so on..

Don't forget to remove indicator before switching TF's!!!!

you will find it also on here: #SF_Trend_Lines - MQL4 Code Base
Old 22-03-2009, 03:42
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pungggi View Post
hi, here's an extract:
SUGGESTIONS FOR USE
and so on..

Thanks for sharing this indicator and strategy. I have read about it and someone actually charges $500.00 to do his course without the indicator.

I do have one question about the indicator.

Once the channel is drawn, is it automatically updated? ie autochannel for that TF?
Old 22-03-2009, 04:47
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
hi, here's an extract:
SUGGESTIONS FOR USE
and so on..

As an example for illustration and understanding the use of this S&R method in conjunction with ASHFXv2 strategy, I have put the SF_Trend_LINE indicator on the USDJPY charts using 3xTF, ie, Weekly(ORANGE),Daily(BLUE) and 4h(PINK).

Where do you look for S&R?
At the crossing of the lines?Any TF even mid-channel lines?
Top and bottom of channels of same timeframe?

Please with the current price on 4h chart where and what are we expected to see price to find support or resistance?
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-usdjpy-w.jpg   The AshFX System - Version II-usdjpy-d.jpg   The AshFX System - Version II-usdjpy-4h.jpg  
Old 22-03-2009, 07:55
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Irathi - attached a clean chart with just the line I drew and no indicators to make it more clearer... was in a bit of a rush when I did the last post

Did you see the bullish divergence and the observe the Higher Low (HL). This is indicating a trend change for the current chart.
No I didn't worry about all of the analysis beyond pure price action; I like to stick to the system as closely as possible and since i've got a break even stop on the running order, I don't think it's necessary to analyse the chart beyond the basic and the most important element of it all.. price :)

Last edited by D_Trader; 22-03-2009 at 07:59.
Old 22-03-2009, 07:57
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
I did it after your post and the code from Raygun works well. One of the negative trades shown on attached screenshot.
It does all of that correctly, but correct me if I'm wrong, we only close the first lot of a trade if any day we are in profit and the stop for the second lot moves to break even and is closed on AO/psar flip. The first lot does not get closed on AO/psar flip? Ash is this correct?

In the example you have given - its simply a dud trade, visually test over 6 or so months and see if the first lot is closed the first day when we are in profit or whether it closes the first lot on AO/psar flip.
Old 22-03-2009, 08:50
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
hi, here's an extract:
SUGGESTIONS FOR USE
and so on..

HI,

Thank you very much for sharing this indicator and strategy.

I'm learning it better

Have a Good Day
Old 22-03-2009, 13:23
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
No I didn't worry about all of the analysis beyond pure price action; I like to stick to the system as closely as possible and since i've got a break even stop on the running order, I don't think it's necessary to analyse the chart beyond the basic and the most important element of it all.. price :)
You have left me a little confused.

1. ANALYSIS beyond PURE PRICE ACTION: ?? Not sure what is your understanding here. FINDING Higher lows in a new emerging UPtrend or Lower highs of a new emerging DOWNtrend is PURE PRICE ACTION.

Only using a trendline:Trend lines can offer great insight, but if used improperly, they can also produce false signals. Other items - such as horizontal support and resistance levels or peak-and-trough analysis - should be employed to validate trend line breaks. While trend lines have become a very popular aspect of technical analysis, they are merely one tool for establishing, analyzing, and confirming a trend. Trend lines should not be the final arbiter, but should serve merely as a warning that a change in trend may be imminent. By using trend line breaks for warnings, investors and traders can pay closer attention to other confirming signals for a potential change in trend.
Trend Lines - StockCharts.com

2. I don't think it's necessary to analyse the chart beyond the basic and the most important element of it all.. price :

Final Points From the Ashfxv2 manual.

Please bear in mind, it doesn’t matter in which order the indicators line up, just as long as the rules mentioned above are adhered to. Also, (and this goes without saying), [COLOR="Red"]it’s important to pay attention to key Support & Resistance levels, in addition to price action. [/COLOR]

Support & Resistance:

Identification of key support and resistance levels is an essential ingredient to successful technical analysis. Even though it is sometimes difficult to establish exact support and resistance levels, being aware of their existence and location can greatly enhance analysis and forecasting abilities. If a security is approaching an important support level, it can serve as an alert to be extra vigilant in looking for signs of increased buying pressure and a potential reversal. If a security is approaching a resistance level, it can act as an alert to look for signs of increased selling pressure and potential reversal.
Support and Resistance - StockCharts.com

3. Divergence: I guess this is a peripheral trader's skill using the great choice of indicators already chosen by Ash to see "what is the STRENGTH of the trend". One of few "leading indicators" for trend reversal and a great skill/tool to develop awareness for any trader. The Indicator AO already on the Ashfxv2 template and used as an exit tool and I was trying to show it can also be used to the trader's advantage to see 'Trend Strength'. (ANOTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTION of the same indicator.)

Sorry if this post is too long, but clarification is the best form of communication

Last edited by lrathi; 22-03-2009 at 16:36.
Old 22-03-2009, 23:27
Level II Lasers Member

Default DashBoard v5; Signals v4

I hope to solved the bug with repeated alerts, but I haven't the time to test this.
Please tell me if all is now OK.

The DashBoard is now functioning also on platforms with Symbol-Suffixes (m, or -fx) and with 3 or 5 digits.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-eurjpy-fx.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 AshFXv2 DashBoard_v5.ex4 (28.9 KB)
File Type: ex4 AshFXv2 Signals_v4.ex4 (14.2 KB)

Last edited by SwingMan; 23-03-2009 at 10:09.
Old 23-03-2009, 00:35
Super Moderator

Hi Undercover,

Just to clarify something...

You mentioned how the EA didn't perform to your expectations. Please note that EA's will never be able to replicate manual trades. I personally never use EA's, I always trade manually. That doesn't mean I'm telling you not to use an EA, but I do advise you to exercise caution in this regard.

Answer me this simple question: did the EA you test implement Support and Resistance / Price Action? If not, then again I stress that S/R/PA is essential to trading my friend.
Old 23-03-2009, 00:48
Super Moderator

Quote:
It does all of that correctly, but correct me if I'm wrong, we only close the first lot of a trade if any day we are in profit and the stop for the second lot moves to break even and is closed on AO/psar flip. The first lot does not get closed on AO/psar flip? Ash is this correct?
Correct indeed.
Old 23-03-2009, 00:53
Super Moderator

Quote:

1. ANALYSIS beyond PURE PRICE ACTION: ?? Not sure what is your understanding here. FINDING Higher lows in a new emerging UPtrend or Lower highs of a new emerging DOWNtrend is PURE PRICE ACTION.

Only using a trendline:Trend lines can offer great insight, but if used improperly, they can also produce false signals. Other items - such as horizontal support and resistance levels or peak-and-trough analysis - should be employed to validate trend line breaks. While trend lines have become a very popular aspect of technical analysis, they are merely one tool for establishing, analyzing, and confirming a trend. Trend lines should not be the final arbiter, but should serve merely as a warning that a change in trend may be imminent. By using trend line breaks for warnings, investors and traders can pay closer attention to other confirming signals for a potential change in trend.

2. I don't think it's necessary to analyse the chart beyond the basic and the most important element of it all.. price :

Please bear in mind, it doesn’t matter in which order the indicators line up, just as long as the rules mentioned above are adhered to. Also, (and this goes without saying), [COLOR="Red"]it’s important to pay attention to key Support & Resistance levels, in addition to price action. [/COLOR]

Support & Resistance:

Identification of key support and resistance levels is an essential ingredient to successful technical analysis. Even though it is sometimes difficult to establish exact support and resistance levels, being aware of their existence and location can greatly enhance analysis and forecasting abilities. If a security is approaching an important support level, it can serve as an alert to be extra vigilant in looking for signs of increased buying pressure and a potential reversal. If a security is approaching a resistance level, it can act as an alert to look for signs of increased selling pressure and potential reversal.

3. Divergence: I guess this is a peripheral trader's skill using the great choice of indicators already chosen by Ash to see "what is the STRENGTH of the trend". One of few "leading indicators" for trend reversal and a great skill/tool to develop awareness for any trader. The Indicator AO already on the Ashfxv2 template and used as an exit tool and I was trying to show it can also be used to the trader's advantage to see 'Trend Strength'. (ANOTHER IMPORTANT FUNCTION of the same indicator.)

Sorry if this post is too long, but clarification is the best form of communication
Hey Lrathi,

What you've mentioned in this post is beneficial stuff. But don't forget everyone is at different levels, and it takes time to become comfortable in performing the kind of analysis you've talked about.
Old 23-03-2009, 01:16
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFX View Post
Hey Lrathi,

What you've mentioned in this post is beneficial stuff. But don't forget everyone is at different levels, and it takes time to become comfortable in performing the kind of analysis you've talked about.
Thanks Ash for your comment.
Old 23-03-2009, 02:40
Level IV Lasers Member

ASH, To make the ASHFX more powerful, add the CCI Set at 10. You get clear divergence. Look below at the chart at the blue lines, thats just one. It can add more radar, I trade this all the time. Thats whats called a Bullish Div.
This happens all the time, to use it as a confirmation. It happens on all TF I use it on the 30 min It does not take long to see it.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-1000.jpg  

Last edited by King Pips; 23-03-2009 at 02:46.
Old 23-03-2009, 03:43
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pips View Post
ASH, To make the ASHFX more powerful, add the CCI Set at 10. You get clear divergence. Look below at the chart at the blue lines, thats just one. It can add more radar, I trade this all the time. Thats whats called a Bullish Div.
This happens all the time, to use it as a confirmation. It happens on all TF I use it on the 30 min It does not take long to see it.
Very clear to see the divergence. Would you call this hidden divergence vs regular divergence?

Is CCI=10 , apply to CLOSE?

for illustration purpose, attached usdjpy 1h and 30 mins charts. One can see CCI is showing divergence and AO is not on the 1h timeframe.
But on 30 mins both indicators are showing divergence.

Thanks for sharing.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-usdjpy-1h.jpg   The AshFX System - Version II-usdjpy-30min.jpg  

Last edited by lrathi; 23-03-2009 at 04:26.
Old 23-03-2009, 04:00
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
I hope to solved the bug with repeated alerts, but I haven't the time to test this.
Please tell me if all is now OK.

The DashBoard is now functioning also on platforms with Symbol-Suffixes (m, or -fx) and with 3 or 5 digits.
Thanks Swingman for these new versions. I have placed them on my charts and will let you know.

However, I need some clarification:
1. For the INPUT that says: ALERTPERIODUNIBARCLOSE=1( this is the default setting) in the ASHFXV2Signals_v4...... What does the number indicate? This means that all alerts(both popup and email) will come at the close of current candle or one after current candle or one before current candle.
The number=1 or 2 or 3 means..... ?

2. For the same INPUT that says: ALERTPERIODUNIBARCLOSE=5( this is the default setting) in the ASHFXV2Dashboard_v5...... What does this 5 represent?

Also for the dashboard indicator there is an additional INPUT line that says: SHIFT SIGNALS. When this is set =0, this represents current candle.
So, if one want to be alerted at the close of current candle. What should the setting be for these two inputs?
SHIFT SIGNALS=0, ALERTPERIODUNIBARCLOSE=1?

Thanks again.
Old 23-03-2009, 04:24
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Very clear to see the divergence. Would you call this hidden divergence (looking at the valleys) vs regular divergence(looking at peaks)
Hi Hrathi When you look for Div. You draw the lines from Pecks and candles from the lowest or highest of the wick just like the chart, when its below 100 and above -100 its good to go CCI is at the top of non lagging indicators for Div. I trade it all the time it can be powerful for early trend change for the Ashfx System.

Last edited by King Pips; 23-03-2009 at 04:27.
Old 23-03-2009, 04:30
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pips View Post
Hi Hrathi When you look for Div. You draw the lines from Pecks and candles from the lowest or highest of the wick just like the chart, when its below 100 and above -100 its good to go CCI is at the top of non lagging indicators for Div. I trade it all the time it can be powerful for early trend change for the Ashfx System.
Just edited previous post. I will add to my toolbox. Thanks so much for sharing
Old 23-03-2009, 05:29
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Very clear to see the divergence. Would you call this hidden divergence vs regular divergence?

Is CCI=10 , apply to CLOSE?

for illustration purpose, attached usdjpy 1h and 30 mins charts. One can see CCI is showing divergence and AO is not on the 1h timeframe.
But on 30 mins both indicators are showing divergence.

Thanks for sharing.
You got a good one. I did't even look at the USD/JPY But that is the way I trade 30 min charts high win ratio. Check all of them and different TF's
You will see them all the time.

ITS APPLIED TO TYPICIAL PRICE (HLC/3) CCI 10

Last edited by King Pips; 23-03-2009 at 05:33.
Old 23-03-2009, 06:41
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
However, I need some clarification:
1. For the INPUT that says: ALERTPERIODUNIBARCLOSE=1( this is the default setting) in the ASHFXV2Signals_v4...... What does the number indicate? This means that all alerts(both popup and email) will come at the close of current candle or one after current candle or one before current candle.
The number=1 or 2 or 3 means..... ?

2. For the same INPUT that says: ALERTPERIODUNIBARCLOSE=5( this is the default setting) in the ASHFXV2Dashboard_v5...... What does this 5 represent?

Also for the dashboard indicator there is an additional INPUT line that says: SHIFT SIGNALS. When this is set =0, this represents current candle.
So, if one want to be alerted at the close of current candle. What should the setting be for these two inputs?
SHIFT SIGNALS=0, ALERTPERIODUNIBARCLOSE=1?
If you have this questions, maybe are the variable names not the best... :o
Please propos other names :)

- "AlertPeriodUntilBarClose = 5" in the DashBoard, because you have a lot of pairs, and maybe you need time to take decisions.
- If alerts are in place, they are fired one time in the last 5 minutes, before the candle close.
- In the Signal indicator we have an alert in the last 1 minute before the candle close.

- With "ShiftSignals = 1" in the DashBoard you can see and check signals 1 bar ago, with 2, 2 bars ago. This has nothing with Alerts to do. (Forex37 has explained this features.)
Beacuse me english ist very poor, please dont ask extended explanations from me...
Old 23-03-2009, 07:42
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:

Support & Resistance:

Irathi,
Sorry at times I might sound a bit short and don't provide enough clarrification - just a lack of time

What you have explained is beneficial to any trader , so thanks for your time and lengthy contribution. I have always believed that the use of indicators should be purely for confirmation, after all, indicators are a 'derivative' of price. What I mean by using pure price action is simply using support and resistance, trend lines and Higher lows/ higher highs. I think that anything which is applied straight to price , is apart of price action analysis. Once we use indicators we are looking at elements secondary to price.

Divergences are wonderful, but I have never been able to come up with a mechanical way of using them, I feel they are only useful in hindsight.

Given the fact that the second trade was put to break even, I did not think it was necessary to do much analysis beyond support/resistance and trend line. After all, a certain element of the trade is left for the market to do its 'thing'

At the end of the day, part of the game is to keep it simple :)
DT

Last edited by D_Trader; 23-03-2009 at 07:44.
Old 23-03-2009, 10:13
Level II Lasers Member

Default DashBoard v5, Signals v4 updated

I hope to fixed the alert-bugs that I founded today in live trading.

Please load and test this last versions.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-dashboard_1barago.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-alerts.png  
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 AshFXv2 DashBoard_v5.ex4 (28.9 KB)
File Type: ex4 AshFXv2 Signals_v4.ex4 (14.2 KB)
Old 23-03-2009, 10:55
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to db-trader

Quote:
I hope to fixed the alert-bugs that I founded today in live trading.

Please load and test this last versions.

thank you SwingMan this is fantastic
Old 23-03-2009, 11:06
Level IV Lasers Member

Speak about the Key Support & Resistance besides a Visual Support & Resistance, Ussually i made in a charts Support & Resistance by :

Quote:
(a) 1 Year, 2 year, & 3 Year High;
(b) 3 Month, 6 Month, & 9 Month High;
(c) 3 Month, 6 Month, & 8 Month Low.
So the Charts look like in this screnshoot bellow : (For March 2009 Setup)

Continued ... :)

Last edited by manus168; 23-03-2009 at 18:06.
Old 23-03-2009, 11:51
Level IV Lasers Member

After we place a Support/Resistance we enter to the smaller timeframe such 60 minutes & give a fibs betwen the 6 Month Low (act as Major Resistance now) & 3 Year High (Act as a Major Support now) like the screenshoot bellow :

Betwen those Major Support & Resistance it gona be born a new S1 to S3 & R1 to R3, so after we made this Support Resistance, we are ready to Trade event in a smaller Timeframe used Simple EURO System EMA 3 & EMA 10, or Timeframe m15 with SMA 2 & SMA 19, etc ...

What do you thing ?

Thanks before;

Regards

Last edited by manus168; 23-03-2009 at 18:08.
Old 23-03-2009, 13:29
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Irathi,
Sorry at times I might sound a bit short and don't provide enough clarrification - just a lack of time

What you have explained is beneficial to any trader , so thanks for your time and lengthy contribution. I have always believed that the use of indicators should be purely for confirmation, after all, indicators are a 'derivative' of price. What I mean by using pure price action is simply using support and resistance, trend lines and Higher lows/ higher highs. I think that anything which is applied straight to price , is apart of price action analysis. Once we use indicators we are looking at elements secondary to price.

Divergences are wonderful, but I have never been able to come up with a mechanical way of using them, I feel they are only useful in hindsight.

Given the fact that the second trade was put to break even, I did not think it was necessary to do much analysis beyond support/resistance and trend line. After all, a certain element of the trade is left for the market to do its 'thing'

At the end of the day, part of the game is to keep it simple :)
DT
Thanks for your response.

I agree with you about:

1. Keep it stupidly simple(KISS) .Hope I got the words right?
2. the use of indicators should be purely for confirmation, after all, indicators are a 'derivative' of price. 100% TRUE!
3. I am a DIVERGENCE fan. This when only used as an alert not a trigger. The trigger is the 123 pattern after divergence or the ashfxv2 signal. High % win rate in my experience. KINGPIPS on this thread seems to have the same experience. Each trader has they own comfort style.

Last edited by lrathi; 23-03-2009 at 13:35.