Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Systems
Home Forex Education Economic Calendar Register Search

The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2009, 02:06
Super Moderator

Default The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)

I originally designed this system, the AshFX Daily, in early 2008, primarily for traders who work a full-time job, and/or can't/don't want to spend hours and hours staring at the screen.

As the name suggests, it's to be used on the Daily Timeframe, and can be used on any currency pair.

These are the indicators that are required:

- Parabolic Stop and Reverse (PSAR, 0.03, 0.2)

- AC (Accelerator Oscillator)

- AO (Awesome Oscillator)

- Stochastics (5,3,3)

Take the attached template and apply it in Metatrader. Use it on the Daily Timeframe (D1), on any currency pair. By the way, these indicators can be found in any platform, so you are not limited to MT4.

See below for an example of what you should be seeing...

Two files attached - the actual AshFX System PDF manual, and the template for MT4 users. Please read carefully to understand the rules.

Regards,

Ash
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)-eur_usd_ashfx_daily_example.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: tpl AshFX_Daily.tpl (1.5 KB)
File Type: pdf AshFX_Daily.pdf (49.0 KB)
Old 02-02-2009, 08:21
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFX View Post
I originally designed this system, the AshFX Daily, in early 2008, primarily for traders who work a full-time job, and/or can't/don't want to spend hours and hours staring at the screen.

As the name suggests, it's to be used on the Daily Timeframe, and can be used on any currency pair.

These are the indicators that are required:

- Parabolic Stop and Reverse (PSAR, 0.03, 0.2)

- AC (Accelerator Oscillator)

- AO (Awesome Oscillator)

- Stochastics (5,3,3)

Take the attached template and apply it in Metatrader. Use it on the Daily Timeframe (D1), on any currency pair. By the way, these indicators can be found in any platform, so you are not limited to MT4.

See below for an example of what you should be seeing...

Two files attached - the actual AshFX System PDF manual, and the template for MT4 users. Please read carefully to understand the rules.

Regards,

Ash
This looks good considering the virtual back testing on few currencies. I should try it 1st on a demo acct.:D
Old 02-02-2009, 13:51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemax View Post
This looks good considering the virtual back testing on few currencies. I should try it 1st on a demo acct.:D
Haha, you got that right, demo account first indeed.
Old 03-02-2009, 21:00
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thankful that I found this site, this system seems what I'm looking so I'll give it a try and will post results.

Thanks again
Old 04-02-2009, 21:37
Level III Lasers Member

Default Ashfx system

Thanks for the system Ash! I like it a lot and have made HUNDREDS of pips from it. I use 2 versions. the Daily of course, but I really like the H8 version. It gets me in sooner, and I can close out the pips from that as I enter into the daily version.
I would like to post pics but can NOT find the 'Pictures & Albums' link under my UCP. HELP! Am I looking in the wrong place?
Old 04-02-2009, 22:28
Level III Lasers Member

Default My H8 System

Here is my Ashfx-H8 system. I hope the pic uploaded. It uses the awesome indicator and the Stoch Histogram, Stoch combination. I also use the color PSAR and the Demark indicators. thanks again ASH!
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)-gbpusd-h8-1-12-09.gif  
Old 05-02-2009, 12:56
Level 1 Lasers Member

This looks like a great system on backtests. Is anyone trading this live apart from cabbagepicker?
Old 05-02-2009, 21:24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by huttre View Post
This looks like a great system on backtests. Is anyone trading this live apart from cabbagepicker?
Yep, me. :D
Old 06-02-2009, 21:20
Level III Lasers Member

Default Latest trade using ASHFX H8

Here is another great H8 trade using the ASHFX system. Can not say enough good things about ASH and his system. I run my own company so I do not have time to stare at a computer all day. I check this out in the AM and PM for the daily and H8 time frames. Use good MM with your trading and you WILL make hundres of pips per week. There will be bad days of course, but use good stop loss positions and you will more than make up for the loosers. Remember, this is a trend following system, NOT a trend predictor. let the good trades run. I am currently using 3 lots per trade. As soon as I get a good profit I "feed my greed" and close out 1 position and move my SL to break even. I just keep moving that SL to lock in the profits. If it suddenly goes agains me - so what, I took some profit and broke even or then some with the rest.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)-gbpchf-h8-2-6-09.gif  

Last edited by cabbagepicker; 06-02-2009 at 21:24.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:39
Level 1 Lasers Member

How do I get an H8 time frame into the MT4 or do you use another platform?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbagepicker View Post
Thanks for the system Ash! I like it a lot and have made HUNDREDS of pips from it. I use 2 versions. the Daily of course, but I really like the H8 version. It gets me in sooner, and I can close out the pips from that as I enter into the daily version.
I would like to post pics but can NOT find the 'Pictures & Albums' link under my UCP. HELP! Am I looking in the wrong place?
Old 09-02-2009, 19:12
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to db-trader

Quote:
Hi Ash

Thank you for the pip nailer and the AshFX. I've been demo trading it and look forward to going live soon. I'm new to forex and tried various indicators etc but this system suits me so well and my wins are becoming more consistent. I use it on lower time frames
Old 09-02-2009, 20:17
Level III Lasers Member

Default H8 Time frame, or any time period you want!

Here you go! This is the Period Converter indicator. ( Found on Forex Factory) I am NOT the author. Here is how you use it. Drop it into your indicator folder just like any other indicator. Then re-start MT4. For an 8 hour chart do the following:
Open a new H1 chart. Double click the Period converter indicator. When you get the preferences window, under the common tab, check ALLOW DDL INPUTS. Then under the INPUTS tab, find the PERIOD MULTIPLIER row, 3rd one down. Change that to 8. Then hit OK. Now back to the main window, under FILE find OPEN OFFLINE. You will find an H8 chart listed for the pair you started this process with. Open it. There you go. With this indicator you can create any chart time frame you want H8, M3, H5, M27, whatever your heart desires. Caution! you must keep the PRIMARY (in this case H1) chart open for the H8 chart to get live updates. Happy PIP hunting.
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 Period_Converter_Opt.mq4 (15.4 KB)

Last edited by cabbagepicker; 09-02-2009 at 20:24.
Old 09-02-2009, 20:22
Level III Lasers Member

Default Still hanging on

This is a current trade I am still hanging on to. I missed the original entry (costing me 50 pips) but entered any way and I am up over 300 pips right now. Moved my SL way up to keep 250 no matter what. This is the H8 time frame again.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)-gbpchf-h8-2-9-09.gif  
Old 10-02-2009, 10:53
Level 1 Lasers Member

thanks a lot cabbage,
i will try to implement the H8 later today.
congrats for your latest trade.
I've tried the system on an H1 chart yesterday with 4 different currencies and it worked incredibly. More than 500 pips since yesterday in the morning. Unfortunately just on a demo account.
greetings
pete
Quote:
This is a current trade I am still hanging on to. I missed the original entry (costing me 50 pips) but entered any way and I am up over 300 pips right now. Moved my SL way up to keep 250 no matter what. This is the H8 time frame again.
Old 10-02-2009, 22:06
Level III Lasers Member

Default Thank you Stimulous Package

Your welcome Pete, glad to have you aboard.
Another great trade today, I hope the trend keeps running! This is just 1 of 3 trades today. Up over 1500 pips total since this morning, took my first 1/3 of each pair off the table (556 pips total to the bank) this afternoon and moved my stop loss to break even.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)-gbpjpy-h8-2-10-09.gif  
Old 11-02-2009, 14:00
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hi cabbage,
1500 pips sounds to me huge. which pairs do you trade?I'm trading right now 6 pairs on an H1 chart.(EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY, EUR/CHF and EUR/GBP.) I took these pairs because they have the lowest spread. In the meantime I implemented the H8 time frame into MT4. It works great.
Thanks a lot.
pete
Quote:
Your welcome Pete, glad to have you aboard.
Another great trade today, I hope the trend keeps running! This is just 1 of 3 trades today. Up over 1500 pips total since this morning, took my first 1/3 of each pair off the table (556 pips total to the bank) this afternoon and moved my stop loss to break even.
Old 11-02-2009, 22:13
Level 1 Lasers Member

Edited by admin: Please contribute constructively towards the forum. Thanks!

Last edited by AshFX; 11-02-2009 at 23:51. Reason: Post irrelevant to discussion.
Old 11-02-2009, 23:41
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-trader View Post
Hi Ash

Thank you for the pip nailer and the AshFX. I've been demo trading it and look forward to going live soon. I'm new to forex and tried various indicators etc but this system suits me so well and my wins are becoming more consistent. I use it on lower time frames
Good going. To be honest I didn't really test AshFX on the lower timeframes, but people have been telling me it's got pretty good results.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:13
Level III Lasers Member

Default Pairs that I trade

Pete, Your welcome. Glad I can give something back.
I watch about about 20 pairs including Gold and Silver, a lot really. The last 3 pairs I traded were the GBP/JPY, GBP/USD and the EUR/AUS. Don't let low spreads be your deciding factor. Compare the GBP/USD to the GBP/JPY, there movement is almost identical, but look at the PIP difference. I traded both at the same time, GBP/USD gave me 146 PIPS, GBP/JPY gave me 1083 for the same movement. It cost double the spead but who cares? I made 937 PIPs more on the GBP/JPY and paid 2-3 PIPs more in spread. There are many pairs that act this way. Some are the same, some are mirrors like the EUR/USD and the USD/CHF. Same movement, just opposite. Which Broker are you using? How many pairs do they offer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete14 View Post
Hi cabbage,
1500 pips sounds to me huge. which pairs do you trade?I'm trading right now 6 pairs on an H1 chart.(EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, USD/JPY, EUR/CHF and EUR/GBP.) I took these pairs because they have the lowest spread. In the meantime I implemented the H8 time frame into MT4. It works great.
Thanks a lot.
pete
Old 12-02-2009, 08:22
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hi Cabbage,
I'm using FXM(www.fxmgroup.com). They seem to have almost every pair and the spreads are reasonable. But I'm trading just the demo until now. My real account is at RBS-Marketindex, former ABN Amro but its a web based platform without MT4. Therefore I will real trade after testing at FXM in the future.
Btw how do you manage the SAR dots colors? I'm only able to get one color for the SAR. I would like to get 2 colors. one for long (green) and one for short (red). Maybe you can help me.
thanks a lot
pete

Quote:
Pete, Your welcome. Glad I can give something back.
I watch about about 20 pairs including Gold and Silver, a lot really. The last 3 pairs I traded were the GBP/JPY, GBP/USD and the EUR/AUS. Don't let low spreads be your deciding factor. Compare the GBP/USD to the GBP/JPY, there movement is almost identical, but look at the PIP difference. I traded both at the same time, GBP/USD gave me 146 PIPS, GBP/JPY gave me 1083 for the same movement. It cost double the spead but who cares? I made 937 PIPs more on the GBP/JPY and paid 2-3 PIPs more in spread. There are many pairs that act this way. Some are the same, some are mirrors like the EUR/USD and the USD/CHF. Same movement, just opposite. Which Broker are you using? How many pairs do they offer?
Old 12-02-2009, 11:01
Level 1 Lasers Member

can I use AshFx for every market? i.e. oil,indices a.o.
Old 12-02-2009, 15:46
Level III Lasers Member

Default Color PSAR

Pete, Here is the color PSAR indicator.
Ashfx daily works great on OIL, Gold and Silver. Have not tried it on other commodeties or indicies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete14 View Post
can I use AshFx for every market? i.e. oil,indices a.o.
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 Parabolic SAR Color - Alert.mq4 (2.9 KB)

Last edited by cabbagepicker; 12-02-2009 at 15:56. Reason: correction
Old 12-02-2009, 15:51
Level III Lasers Member

Default Classic Daily set up

Here is a great classic set up. The "go" candle opens OUTSIDE the Demark trend liness. This would have been a +250 PIP trade so far. I use this indicator for a quick visual of latest trend lines and when they are broken. The indicator is attached.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)-classic-outside-demark-open-2-11-09.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 Demark_trend_new.mq4 (13.9 KB)

Last edited by cabbagepicker; 12-02-2009 at 15:54. Reason: added info
Old 14-02-2009, 23:34
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hey Ash, I been reading up on this system of urs, pretty neat.

I was backtesting as well, and it seems to perform much better than many of the s**t systems over on other forums.

i'm gonna test this next week.

hey cabbage, interesting idea u got on the 8hr deal.
Old 15-02-2009, 22:37
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default shorter time frames

Has anyone backtested this on shorter time frames...I will start manually forward testing this on 15m and post results in a few weeks time...
Old 17-02-2009, 13:40
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Momentum

Can a momentum indicator be added to this so that the volatility in the market can be assesed?
Old 17-02-2009, 14:48
Level III Lasers Member

Default last nights trade E/G on H8

Here is a pic of last nights trade. + 70 pips so far, took my first profit and moved stop loss. Original entry at 8906.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)-eurgbp-h8-2-17-09.gif  
Old 17-02-2009, 15:01
Level III Lasers Member

Default Adding additional indicators

You can add, subtract, devide any indicators you want to Ash's systems. I have even tweaked the system a little myself. But, I am keeping to the simplicity of the system, thats the way Ash designed it and I want to respect all of his hard work. Besides, it works GREAT as it is. All that being said, if adding something extra works for you, then use it. I am sure Ash won't be offended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedone83 View Post
Can a momentum indicator be added to this so that the volatility in the market can be assesed?
Old 17-02-2009, 15:09
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to db-trader

Quote:
Ash I like this system. I've been demo trading it for the past two weeks with very good results on the smaller time frames.
Old 17-02-2009, 15:14
Level 1 Lasers Member

I'm using now H4,H8 and daily time frames on different currencies
Old 17-02-2009, 15:15
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Stop Loss

Hi I'm new to the forum and this system looks good. A question though -Cabbagepicker - on the H8 TF what SL do you use? Thanks in advance
Old 17-02-2009, 15:17
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default System

Hi,i love this system and i think i would try it out.......Ayour2a
Old 17-02-2009, 16:00
Level II Lasers Member

Hi
I'm new. it's too difficult for me. my English is not good.
But, what i saw in this forum is very good
Thanks
Old 17-02-2009, 23:30
Level III Lasers Member

Default Stop loss for H8

fxpippy, thanks for the question.
Stop loss varies per pair. I look at the last resistance or support. There is no hard rule here. Actually, I should say the ONLY hard rule is to only risk 3% of your account in any 1 trade. A typical stop loss may be anywhere from 75 to 300 pips. But remember, we are talking LONG TERM trading, not scalping. These are multi time period, sometimes days, of holding a trade. My last big haul was just over 1000 pips on GBP/JPY for all 3 lots combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxpippy View Post
Hi I'm new to the forum and this system looks good. A question though -Cabbagepicker - on the H8 TF what SL do you use? Thanks in advance
Old 18-02-2009, 02:08
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hey all, I'm new to this system. I have the templates downloaded and will be following along. Ash, thanks for making your system available for us working folks! :smile:
Old 18-02-2009, 03:51
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hello Guys...

So how have you been doing recently with this system??? Still works well???
Old 18-02-2009, 17:56
Level III Lasers Member

Default Still working!

Yes this system works and will alway work (in my opinion) beacause it is not a predictor of trends, it waits and signals once the trend is started. There will always be occasional false starts, but you can filter some of those out with your brain. I am up over 2000 pips so far this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cole View Post
Hello Guys...

So how have you been doing recently with this system??? Still works well???

Last edited by cabbagepicker; 19-02-2009 at 14:07.
Old 18-02-2009, 22:22
Super Moderator

Quote:
You can add, subtract, devide any indicators you want to Ash's systems. I have even tweaked the system a little myself. But, I am keeping to the simplicity of the system, thats the way Ash designed it and I want to respect all of his hard work. Besides, it works GREAT as it is. All that being said, if adding something extra works for you, then use it. I am sure Ash won't be offended.
Cabbage is absolutely correct. Whatever you feel works for you, then by all means try it, test it, and I would love to hear your feedback. The system as it stands is not perfect, of course not.

This is one of the reasons why I opened this thread... to hear feedback, opinions, and results from different users.

P.S. Cabbage, love your sig! Lol!
Old 18-02-2009, 23:22
Level III Lasers Member

Default One of todays signsls

Here is a good DAILY signal for the GBP/JPY. I am waiting for resistance to be broken @ 133.88 then clear sailing to 136.88, a good 300+ pip trade . (I hope)
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX Daily System (Version 1)-gbpjpy-daily-2-18-09.gif  

Last edited by cabbagepicker; 18-02-2009 at 23:32.
Old 19-02-2009, 12:02
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Setting

Quote:
Here is a good DAILY signal for the GBP/JPY. I am waiting for resistance to be broken @ 133.88 then clear sailing to 136.88, a good 300+ pip trade . (I hope)
Hi,
what is the setting of the Parabolic?pls,cuz i do not see the long signal in mine.

Ayour2a