Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com


Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Discussion


Money management for beginners

Forex Discussion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 07-03-2012, 03:08
Level II Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 45
Default Money management for beginners



Volumes of Forex trading exceed 4 trillion dollars a day. Forex brokers can help to invest in foreign exchange market almost anyone willing to obtain benefits. Hot-eyed and hot-blooded beginners often rush into trading in an eager for a desirable piece of cake. The purpose is quite understandable, though difficult to reach if you are unaware of basic rules. These rules are related to the art of money management.

You will increase your chances for successful trading by using well-checked trading algorithms, calculating possible results and trying not only enrich but also save your money.



For a couple of loss-making trades may deprive you of the whole deposit, a size of losses is often more important than of profits. Beginning traders often watch their expected profits turning to substantial losses. The reason is that they cannot get to close positions ahead of a good deal of money. If they use a margin, they face even worse disaster. Self-confidence and marketís favour are questionable training wheels. It is better to aim at small but constant profits and work out a strategy and follow it.

You will definitely need some time to elaborate a strategy. Who says it would be an easy score? Start with demo and then try a cent account. Go to a classic live account after that. I would not recommend you to begin with a margin for any misfortune may deprive you of the whole deposit.



Trading with fixed volume is an easy way to manage your money. Set a fixed limit (e.g. 0.5 or 1 lot) and trade within it. Do not open numerous positions at a time. Even if this strategy will not give you extra profits, you will save most of your money and get a foot in the door to solid profits.

Always analyze results: make some calculations, monitor charts and study the market. Find mistakes and try to fix them. If the results are positive, you may increase the volume of trade and use a minimum margin.

Another method of money management is to choose a part of deposit you are ready to risk. For example, 5 per cent for a trade. An advantage is that you will have the same risk portion for all trades. By increasing your deposit, you will be able to raise a volume of trades and reinvest the money including profits. However, it is not recommended to invest more than a half of your deposit.



Contrary to self-confidence, self-discipline is essential for Forex trading such as:

* You should know exactly where to enter and exit the market.
* Set up stop loss levels and move them if the market favours you.
* Close positions if you got the profits you expected.
* Close positions if your losses reached the limit.
* Control your emotions.

If you failed and suffered from stress, take a time out and have a rest for a few days.

Later you will know how to diversify risks and elaborate the most appropriate trading and money management strategy.










Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 13-03-2012, 12:00
Level III Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: India
Posts: 50
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Thanks for the ideas fmfx! This is good for the beginners to get some idea on trading plans.... Keep this memento!!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 14-03-2012, 06:26
Level III Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 63
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Money management is very important in forex trading and it is consider a part of risk management. The suggestion and tips shared by you for money management are really good and will work as well.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 23-03-2012, 13:28
Level III Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: India
Posts: 50
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryduncan12 View Post
Money management is very important in forex trading and it is consider a part of risk management. The suggestion and tips shared by you for money management are really good and will work as well.
Rightly said henryduncan12! The money management is the real aspect in for the forex trade.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-03-2012, 13:43
ctech's Avatar
Level III Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: China
Posts: 80
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Very good tutorials for not only newbies but also many other traders.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 15-10-2012, 03:48
Level 1 Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 16
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmfx View Post


Volumes of Forex trading exceed 4 trillion dollars a day. Forex brokers can help to invest in foreign exchange market almost anyone willing to obtain benefits. Hot-eyed and hot-blooded beginners often rush into trading in an eager for a desirable piece of cake. The purpose is quite understandable, though difficult to reach if you are unaware of basic rules. These rules are related to the art of money management.

You will increase your chances for successful trading by using well-checked trading algorithms, calculating possible results and trying not only enrich but also save your money.



For a couple of loss-making trades may deprive you of the whole deposit, a size of losses is often more important than of profits. Beginning traders often watch their expected profits turning to substantial losses. The reason is that they cannot get to close positions ahead of a good deal of money. If they use a margin, they face even worse disaster. Self-confidence and marketís favour are questionable training wheels. It is better to aim at small but constant profits and work out a strategy and follow it.

You will definitely need some time to elaborate a strategy. Who says it would be an easy score? Start with demo and then try a cent account. Go to a classic live account after that. I would not recommend you to begin with a margin for any misfortune may deprive you of the whole deposit.



Trading with fixed volume is an easy way to manage your money. Set a fixed limit (e.g. 0.5 or 1 lot) and trade within it. Do not open numerous positions at a time. Even if this strategy will not give you extra profits, you will save most of your money and get a foot in the door to solid profits.

Always analyze results: make some calculations, monitor charts and study the market. Find mistakes and try to fix them. If the results are positive, you may increase the volume of trade and use a minimum margin.

Another method of money management is to choose a part of deposit you are ready to risk. For example, 5 per cent for a trade. An advantage is that you will have the same risk portion for all trades. By increasing your deposit, you will be able to raise a volume of trades and reinvest the money including profits. However, it is not recommended to invest more than a half of your deposit.



Contrary to self-confidence, self-discipline is essential for Forex trading such as:

* You should know exactly where to enter and exit the market.
* Set up stop loss levels and move them if the market favours you.
* Close positions if you got the profits you expected.
* Close positions if your losses reached the limit.
* Control your emotions.

If you failed and suffered from stress, take a time out and have a rest for a few days.

Later you will know how to diversify risks and elaborate the most appropriate trading and money management strategy.











Money management is very important in forex trading. Because the level of risk in forex is very high and we should have proper protection to trade in this high speculative market. The most important thing for beginners is to place stop loss in every order. It can save their account from margin call otr stop out.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 15-10-2012, 08:36
wynnasuju's Avatar
Level V Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: www.fbs.com
Posts: 1,610
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Money management is important for all traders, both for beginners or successful traders, because of trading without money management can make our account get margin call. I also try to discipline with money management when trading with my fbs account, because i don't wanna my fbs account get margin call.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 24-10-2012, 06:21
JohnnyMessi's Avatar
Level 1 Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4
Default Re: Money management for beginners

I always keep reminding myself not to risk more than 3% of my capital per trade.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-12-2012, 07:24
Level 1 Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Huntsville
Posts: 10
Default Re: Money management for beginners

In forex trading, money management is very important. For that, it is necessary to analyze your budget, expenditure, income etc. Investment management plays an important role in success of any business especially stocks and forex trading.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-12-2012, 09:15
Level II Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 30
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Yep, I agree that MM is very important and I try not to risk. Merry X-mas to you, traders!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 17-01-2013, 09:29
Level II Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Poor money management is one of the reason why a trader can lose.It is important to be knowledgeable about market before trading.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21-01-2013, 12:04
IFCMarkets's Avatar
Level 1 Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
Default Re: Money management for beginners

The main principles that a Forex trader may follow in order to realize money management are:

1. Controlling emotions

2. Diversification of investments

3. Low leverage

4. Stop-loss order

5. Trade with only liquid currency pairs.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-02-2013, 05:41
PrinceofTower's Avatar
Level 1 Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelnish View Post
Poor money management is one of the reason why a trader can lose.It is important to be knowledgeable about market before trading.

Money management is all about controlling your risk. Great traders do not risk more than 3% of their capital per trade.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-02-2013, 14:06
Level II Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceofTower View Post
Money management is all about controlling your risk. Great traders do not risk more than 3% of their capital per trade.
Don't forget the thread was for beginners not for 'Great Traders' :confused:
Everybody is afraid of loosing their money in this market as these markets are risky and unpredictable as well, so the fear of loosing money is always there. A newbie needs to learn how to always trade by using proper money management and put stop loss to his trades so that the losses will be minimum if the markets reverse from direction of his trade. At the same time he needs to control his fear as well to perform quality trades.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 28-02-2013, 10:37
solochris's Avatar
Level 1 Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 13
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelnish View Post
Don't forget the thread was for beginners not for 'Great Traders' :confused:
Everybody is afraid of loosing their money in this market as these markets are risky and unpredictable as well, so the fear of loosing money is always there. A newbie needs to learn how to always trade by using proper money management and put stop loss to his trades so that the losses will be minimum if the markets reverse from direction of his trade. At the same time he needs to control his fear as well to perform quality trades.
Putting a stop loss is right. But why did you say that newbies don't need to learn control their risk? Please be a responsible person because there are so many newbies coming to the forum to learn.

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced trader, this is the very basic knowledge that one would need to know. We should never risk more than 3% of our total capital per trade.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 19-03-2013, 17:24
Level III Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 59
Default Re: Money management for beginners

Money management is very important in forex trading. Without a proper money management no one can survive in forex market. The best Money management is use 0.01 for every $100 and for further info go forex-metal.com/affiliate/47225/1 here and read carefully survive in forex market.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 26-03-2013, 07:21
Level II Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
Default Re: Money management for beginners

A trader's money management skills are the most important tools that can be used to trade in the markets. One will be successful using his/her good risk averse money management skills and even with a mediocre trading approach. However, with a great trading approach and poor money management skills, one will lose money. However, a winner will always find a way to win with a losing trading system and a loser finds a way to lose with a winning trading system.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-04-2013, 13:10
Level IV Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 110
Default Re: Money management for beginners

imo the best place for beginners is zulutrade ;)
open a demo see how things are done and then simply apply ;)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Money Management is very important profit Beginner Talk / Q and A 5 08-08-2018 15:37
A Neat Money Management System Henry Forex Systems 6 28-07-2015 18:16
Free Demo for Beginners! alex80 Forex Discussion 60 05-04-2015 05:54
We am always thinking about losing money as opposed to making money Albert04 Forex Discussion 0 10-11-2009 07:41
FX SCHOOL (8) : Money Management ForexLasers Forex School & Education 0 08-08-2009 06:59


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.