Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRAINING > Forex Articles

Scalping

Forex Articles

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2015, 22:57

Default Scalping

Scalping is like those high action thriller movies that keep you on the edge of your seat. Itís fast paced, exciting, and mind-rattling all at once. These types of trades are usually only held onto for a few seconds to a few minutes at the most! The main objective for forex scalpers is to grab very small amounts of pips as many times as they can throughout the busiest times of the day.

Because scalpers basically have to be glued to the charts, it is best suited for those who can spend several hours of undivided attention to their trading.

It requires intense focus and quick thinking to be successful. Check out this post by our regular psychologist, Dr. Pipslow, on how to to work on your concentration skills.

It is not for those looking to make big wins all the time, but rather for those who like raking in small profits over the long run to make an overall profit.

You might be a forex scalper if:

You like fast trading and excitement
You donít mind being focused on your charts for several hours at a time
You are an impatient person who doesnít like to wait for long trades
You can think fast and change bias, or direction, quickly
You have fast fingers (put those Starcraft 2 skills to work!)
You are a surgeon!

You might NOT be a forex scalper if:

You easily get stressed in fast moving environments
You canít commit several hours of undivided attention to your charts
Youíd rather make fewer trades with higher profit gains
You like taking your time to analyze the overall picture of the market

Some things to consider if you decide to scalp:

Trade only the most liquid pairs

Pairs such as the EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CHF, and USD/JPY offer the tightest spreads because they tend to have the highest trading volume. You want your spreads to be as tight as possible since you will be entering the market frequently.

Trade only during the busiest times of the day

The most liquid times of the day are during the session overlaps. This is from 2:00 am to 4:00 am and from 8:00 am to 12:00 noon Eastern Time (EST).

Make sure to account for the spread

Because you enter the market frequently, spreads will be a big factor in your overall profit. Be sure your targets are at least double your spread so that you can account for the times the market moves against you.

Try focusing on one pair first

Scalping is very intense and if you can put all your energy in one pair, youíll have a better chance at being successful. If you start to get accustomed to the pace of things, then you can start by adding on another pair and see how it works for you.

Make sure you follow good money management

This goes for any type of trading, but since you are making so many trades within a day it is especially important that you are sticking to risk management practices.

Major news reports can throw you off

Because of slippage and high volatility, trading around highly anticipated news reports can be very dangerous. It sucks when you unexpectedly see price jump in the opposite direction of your trade because of a news report! Be prepared and know whatís coming out by checking out the BabyPips.com economic calendar.

Old 08-05-2015, 10:42
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Re: Scalping

In my trading life, I am very much dependable on my scalping strategy that I always use in my trading platform GCI. Devoid of proper candlestick, it is not possible to apply this policy at all. So, I have chosen GCI Financial as my trading platform where I am getting accurate candlestick thatís why, I can predict the accurate movement of this market with certainly and able to make profit by using this strategy.
Old 09-05-2015, 17:16
Level IV Lasers Member

Scalping is tough job, you have to be very skilled to become a scalper, the main thing is that you should understand the market well.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:31
Level IV Lasers Member

In my trading life, as a scalper I can trade any major currency trading pair with profit due to getting very competitive low spread from my trading platform GCI. And, it is very supportive to make profit by using any kinds of trading strategy especially the scalping. Therefore, from all trading pair, I like most spot metal and CFDs that I always use in my trading platform.
Old 14-05-2015, 16:42
Level III Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ddeeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by orni308 View Post
Scalping is tough job, you have to be very skilled to become a scalper, the main thing is that you should understand the market well.
if you want to scalp the market, first looking for broker that allowing scalping strategy, and consider they have good trading account for scalp. I suggest to open NDD account in liteforex broker. this is for scalper because very tigh spread start from zero spread, market execution, and tight spread.
Old 14-05-2015, 17:24
Level IV Lasers Member

Although, it is very difficult to trade at all times in this volatile trading place but, I am able to trade until the end of time due to getting only one pip trading spread from my trading place GCI. Actually, by means of this narrowest trading spread, I am capable of making profit by using any kinds of trading strategy especially the scalping that is considered as a most usable trading policy in this stage.
Old 15-10-2018, 09:38
Level IV Lasers Member

For scalping I use one EA, eDragon, this EA for intraday Forex scalping and trading eDragon is the scalper, opens one trade per day. It has in-built МoneyМanagement function, virtual Stop Loss and Take Profit.