View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 07:04
Level V Lasers Member

Default Re: The Facts about online forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForexGuy View Post
The Facts about online forums

One of the great things about online forums is the opportunity it creates to bring people together from around the world to share ideas and opinion about a specific subject matter.

Unfortunately all too often what should be presented as opinion is delivered as fact. While forums are a great resource to anyone looking to broaden their knowledge on a specific subject, they can also be a place where those same people can receive a great deal of misinformation.

Forums are fun. It is great to hear a variety of opinion and ideas. I love to share and take every opportunity I can to present my ideas about trading and the market. But I recognize that a forum is not a place to “learn to trade”. And you as a trader should recognize the same thing.

As you read through the forum you will find many people who will try to convince you that their opinion is fact. I would advise any trader to exercise caution. Consider the source of the post. Who are they? What experience do they have? Are they qualified to be giving advice? What you will find most of the time is the person providing advice has no verifiable credentials whatsoever. So before you go accepting their opinion at face value, ask yourself one more question,

“Is this person any more qualified to give advice than me?”

Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, yes, you should ask yourself the same question about this post. :-)

Good luck and Good Trading

ForexGuy
So true, so very true.
Cheers