Home Forex Education Economic Calendar Register Search

The AshFX System - Version II

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26-03-2009, 03:10
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill77 View Post
what i do is after i enter a trade on daily, go down to 4h chart and enter the opisite direction if i get a call. this should cover your daily trade while its going against you. (hedge) also i enter 1 lot at open of new candle after a signal as per rule incase it takes off, and the second lot at retrace to 8ema.where you get a better entry price.
i little bit disagree the way this trade to be taken .. we just follow the trend rather than eat every single pips ..

if we play Daily, just follow daily, if we play 4H, then follow 4H strategy ... mixing the TF we play will make our trade go wrong ..

just to apply Anti-Hedging strategy (AH)

What say u?
Old 26-03-2009, 03:16
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
finally finished reading ..
just want to make things simplified ... putting additional indicator make us become confuse and not trade because the other indi not in sycn...

thanks to Ash, SwingMan n others .. make our life easier .. once a day to see the chart ...
Please clarify which additiional indicator will make you confused? Many are mentioned as filters in the thread. Trend indicator like EMA100, slope direction. or CCI 10 and ATR 5 for divergence?

Do you include S&R lines in your definition of indicator?
Old 26-03-2009, 03:33
Level III Lasers Member

Default ATR 5 for divergence?

Hi all, could anybody please explain me with an example ATR 5 for divergence?
Thanks in advance.
Old 26-03-2009, 03:35
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usama1 View Post
Actually Irathi I appreciate your comments, I find it very informative all the time. I learn too much from that . many many thanks
Thank you for your comment and you are welcome!
Old 26-03-2009, 03:41
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
what i do is after i enter a trade on daily, go down to 4h chart and enter the opisite direction if i get a call. this should cover your daily trade while its going against you. (hedge) also i enter 1 lot at open of new candle after a signal as per rule incase it takes off, and the second lot at retrace to 8ema.where you get a better entry price.
Gooday from Perth. I see you are in OZland too! Which City?

Always interested to see alternative ways traders trade.

Hedgeing is a good solution to save the day.

Is it possible to include a chart with your second entry at EMA 8.?DOES THIS CANDLE HAVE TO CLOSE ABOVE THE ema 8? In my early days of trading I learnt crossover EMA3& 8 as a good entry signal along with RSI and MACD etc
Old 26-03-2009, 03:43
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
Hi all, could anybody please explain me with an example ATR 5 for divergence?
Thanks in advance.
I suggest to RE-read KING PIPS posts on this thread. It is well explained.
Old 26-03-2009, 03:46
Level III Lasers Member

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrathi View Post
I suggest to RE-read KING PIPS posts on this thread. It is well explained.
Thanks for your answer & time!
Old 26-03-2009, 03:57
Level III Lasers Member

Default eurchf

im still short in eurchf. lets see what happens tomorr... zzz zzz zzz.
Old 26-03-2009, 06:48
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
1.Could you please include a daily chart and 4 h chart with ashfxv2 indicators and swingman's ashfxv2 indicator(arrows) on the chart.

2. Please add your S&R lines into these charts. These maybe horizontal, or trendlines,or fibonanci or all of them.

3. Please then indicate your decision why you entered at the price you did, your SL and PT in terms of the ASHFXV2 strategy in the manual in POST#1.

It will be clear to you and me and we will be able to see if you made a right decision.

My response maybe a bit delayed as we probably live in different hemispheres of the world.
Okay, here is the chart the white dots you see are my support and resistance line indicator which is pretty accurate.

Trend upward and my indicators all in line suggesting buy.

The stop I placed and limit where decided on because that's where you see the white dots and those are my support and resistance levels.

Please tell me what you think.

The AshFX System - Version II-eur_usd_buy.gif

Thanks,
cwave
Old 26-03-2009, 07:41
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwave View Post
Okay, here is the chart the white dots you see are my support and resistance line indicator which is pretty accurate.

Trend upward and my indicators all in line suggesting buy.

The stop I placed and limit where decided on because that's where you see the white dots and those are my support and resistance levels.

Please tell me what you think.

Attachment 324

Thanks,
cwave
I had asked for 4h and daily charts. You have only shown 4h chart.

The reason I asked for both as I use a Top Down approach which means I trade with the higher TF trend. Both charts are important in making your decision.

Your post #518 says you think the daily trend is DOWN. I want to see why you said this. Please include this TF chart and why you think so.

Q1. What is the TF you trade? 4h or daily?

I see you use a useful signal indicator on the TOP right .

What is your MACD, STR and EMA telling you on the 4h and DAILY TF? What are the indicators telling you about trend? UP or DOWN?

You see your answer .

Without sending YOur Daily TF chart, and the reason you think the Daily trend is down , how can I help you with an answer to your question "If you have made the right decision?"

If you send your Daily TF , I can help.
Old 26-03-2009, 08:26
Level II Lasers Member

The AshFX System - Version II-eur_usd_buy.gif
Quote:
I had asked for 4h and daily charts. You have only shown 4h chart.

The reason I asked for both as I use a Top Down approach which means I trade with the higher TF trend. Both charts are important in making your decision.

Your post #518 says you think the daily trend is DOWN. I want to see why you said this. Please include this TF chart and why you think so.

Q1. What is the TF you trade? 4h or daily?

I see you use a useful signal indicator on the TOP right .

What is your MACD, STR and EMA telling you on the 4h and DAILY TF? What are the indicators telling you about trend? UP or DOWN?

You see your answer .

Without sending YOur Daily TF chart, and the reason you think the Daily trend is down , how can I help you with an answer to your question "If you have made the right decision?"

If you send your Daily TF , I can help.
Okay here is my Daily. Overall trend is up with slight retracement the next day but my trade was issued on the bar with the vertical line.

I didn't see any trade signal off the Daily chart. My signals are based on on the Stochastic, AO and AC Oscillator. The other in the top right hand corner is just to help me with confirmation.
Is this the idea?

I really appreciate your time spent to help.

cwave :)

I also put the 4 hour up again next to it.

The AshFX System - Version II-eur_usd_buy_daily.gif

Click image for larger version

Name:	eur_usd_buy.gif
Views:	36
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	326
Old 26-03-2009, 08:37
Level II Lasers Member

Default Digital Filter Indicator

I just founded on the mq4 site (i_Sadukey_V1.mq4 - MQL4 Code Base) a nice and maybe usefull trend indicator.

It can also be used as filter for the system signals.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbpchf_digifilter.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 i_Sadukey_V1.mq4 (14.7 KB)

Last edited by SwingMan; 26-03-2009 at 08:46.
Old 26-03-2009, 12:08
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Attachment 326
Okay here is my Daily. Overall trend is up with slight retracement the next day but my trade was issued on the bar with the vertical line.

I didn't see any trade signal off the Daily chart. My signals are based on on the Stochastic, AO and AC Oscillator. The other in the top right hand corner is just to help me with confirmation.
Is this the idea?

I really appreciate your time spent to help.

cwave :)

I also put the 4 hour up again next to it.

Attachment 325

Attachment 326
I think most of us are looking for some confirmation indicator to check trend along with ASHFXv2. Your indicator uses macd,Ema and str which are common and useful when they all line up to see the higher trend. I personally would love to see the WEEKLY and Monthly TF put on this indicator.

There are now three other trend indicators mentioned on this thread shared kindly by three different traders. If you put any of these or all three, you will see easily that the daily trend is UP.

Use your support & resistance indicator( very commonly used by many traders) on the daily chart and draw a line on R&S. So when you go tho lower TF(4h) in your case, you can see the daily S&R coming up. I use fib levels alot but also horizontal lines and trend lines. There is a link on this thread given kindly by ASh to learn fibonacci.

I have a daily chart with my fib studies. I look for fib clusters and I find there is one coming in the ZONE of 1.3855 to 1.3930.

One the 4h chart this present Ashfxv2 signal turned at the 38% fib level.This is a good level to enter Long seeing the daily trend is up. However, when you entered the daily stochastic is OB and looking down. This is mixed message for me, I would have stayed out of trade at this stage. I would wait for a 123 pattern on the 4h chart and then enter. I am a conservative trader. The 4 h stochastastic on my chart looks OB indicating mixed messages too.

Please take note, while FXDD is the broker platform to use for ASHFXv2 signals, I use IBFX so my arrows will differ from your chart.

I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-eurusd-daily.jpg  
Old 26-03-2009, 13:17
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
I think most of us are looking for some confirmation indicator to check trend along with ASHFXv2. Your indicator uses macd,Ema and str which are common and useful when they all line up to see the higher trend. I personally would love to see the WEEKLY and Monthly TF put on this indicator.

There are now three other trend indicators mentioned on this thread shared kindly by three different traders. If you put any of these or all three, you will see easily that the daily trend is UP.

Use your support & resistance indicator( very commonly used by many traders) on the daily chart and draw a line on R&S. So when you go tho lower TF(4h) in your case, you can see the daily S&R coming up. I use fib levels alot but also horizontal lines and trend lines. There is a link on this thread given kindly by ASh to learn fibonacci.

I have a daily chart with my fib studies. I look for fib clusters and I find there is one coming in the ZONE of 1.3855 to 1.3930.

One the 4h chart this present Ashfxv2 signal turned at the 38% fib level.This is a good level to enter Long seeing the daily trend is up. However, when you entered the daily stochastic is OB and looking down. This is mixed message for me, I would have stayed out of trade at this stage. I would wait for a 123 pattern on the 4h chart and then enter. I am a conservative trader. The 4 h stochastastic on my chart looks OB indicating mixed messages too.

Please take note, while FXDD is the broker platform to use for ASHFXv2 signals, I use IBFX so my arrows will differ from your chart.

I hope this helps.
If you want you can switch the indicator 1, 5 or 30 minute to the weekly or monthly.
I saw what you meant on the Daily with the OB on the stochastic.
Should I be working with the 4 hour and daily in order to make the trade.

My understanding was to work with one or the other because you could pick up a retracement better on the 4 hour. Question is should I have comfirmation set-up on both?

Thanks again,
cwave

Here's that indicator:

Signal_Bars_v71.ex4
Old 26-03-2009, 14:17
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
If you want you can switch the indicator 1, 5 or 30 minute to the weekly or monthly.
I saw what you meant on the Daily with the OB on the stochastic.
Should I be working with the 4 hour and daily in order to make the trade.

My understanding was to work with one or the other because you could pick up a retracement better on the 4 hour. Question is should I have comfirmation set-up on both?

Thanks again,
cwave

Here's that indicator:

Attachment 332
Thanks for indicator,shall experiment with it.

Should I be working with the 4 hour and daily in order to make the trade:

This is the individual traders choice. I personally work with 3 TF in conjunction with each other. My base TF is DAILY. I do my price analysis on weekly. What I mean by this? I draw my fib studies for S&R on the weekly and take note of weekly trend, higher highs or lower lows etc. Also I make note of any divergence as an early alert indicator to change of trend.
Then I enter on Daily looking closely at 4h to be in Synch. This will help with smaller drawndowns.

eg. When Stochastics is OB on both daily and stochastic then enter the trade and vice versa.
Sometimes I enter on daily and exit on 4h (this gives more profit and if I happen to be near the PC)

My understanding was to work with one or the other because you could pick up a retracement better on the 4 hour: Picking up retracements earlier is correct, but with the higher TF trend. Your trend is your friend till it bends. There is trader's discretion as when you enter the trend. When I know it is close to a stong resistance I get out and stay out till I get definite clues to rejoin the trend. If it is start of a trend I will stay in longer.

Question is should I have confirmation set-up on both?
It is wiser and less drawndown. Fewer trades, but less of an emotional rollercoaster. The choice is yours.

If it is of any help. I am experimenting with the slope direction indicator kindly shared on the thread for this purpose of re-entry of the trade with the higher TF. TRy it on DEMo. This is a new indicator to me but there are a couple of traders on this forum who are comfortable with it. It may help to ask them more.

ALso from my experience, I go for the middle (meat ) of the trend and I am happy. I leave some on the table. MM is far more important in trading. Even down to 40% win rate with sound MM you are laughing to the bank. THere is a link in the thread for a MM calculator.

I hope I have answered your questions.
Trading is not a quick rich platform. DISCIPLINE and consistency pays.
Write down your trading rules in detail at each step and follow the checklist before you pull the trigger.

I have given guidelines in a previous post for a checklist. Please feel free to use it.
Old 26-03-2009, 14:35
Level 1 Lasers Member

Send a message via MSN to D_Trader

Hi all,

My 2c , we have seen many indicators and tools thrown into the mix as this thread has evolved. This is quite common as traders experiment with alternative methodologies after the creator has presented their system.

The important thing to remember is to stick to the system, I can't stress this enough. Very often newbies chop and change to the point that a strategy becomes unworkable.

By all means use any other indicator if you wish, but bear in mind, that in doing so, you are straying from the original system.

DT
Old 26-03-2009, 14:49
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Trader View Post
Hi all,

My 2c , we have seen many indicators and tools thrown into the mix as this thread has evolved. This is quite common as traders experiment with alternative methodologies after the creator has presented their system.

The important thing to remember is to stick to the system, I can't stress this enough. Very often newbies chop and change to the point that a strategy becomes unworkable.

By all means use any other indicator if you wish, but bear in mind, that in doing so, you are straying from the original system.

DT
I agree. In my trading I stick to ASHFXv2 but my academic mind loves exploring , so I experiment with new indicators.
Old 26-03-2009, 15:21
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Thanks for indicator,shall experiment with it.

Should I be working with the 4 hour and daily in order to make the trade:

This is the individual traders choice. I personally work with 3 TF in conjunction with each other. My base TF is DAILY. I do my price analysis on weekly. What I mean by this? I draw my fib studies for S&R on the weekly and take note of weekly trend, higher highs or lower lows etc. Also I make note of any divergence as an early alert indicator to change of trend.
Then I enter on Daily looking closely at 4h to be in Synch. This will help with smaller drawndowns.

eg. When Stochastics is OB on both daily and stochastic then enter the trade and vice versa.
Sometimes I enter on daily and exit on 4h (this gives more profit and if I happen to be near the PC)

My understanding was to work with one or the other because you could pick up a retracement better on the 4 hour: Picking up retracements earlier is correct, but with the higher TF trend. Your trend is your friend till it bends. There is trader's discretion as when you enter the trend. When I know it is close to a stong resistance I get out and stay out till I get definite clues to rejoin the trend. If it is start of a trend I will stay in longer.

Question is should I have confirmation set-up on both?
It is wiser and less drawndown. Fewer trades, but less of an emotional rollercoaster. The choice is yours.

If it is of any help. I am experimenting with the slope direction indicator kindly shared on the thread for this purpose of re-entry of the trade with the higher TF. TRy it on DEMo. This is a new indicator to me but there are a couple of traders on this forum who are comfortable with it. It may help to ask them more.

ALso from my experience, I go for the middle (meat ) of the trend and I am happy. I leave some on the table. MM is far more important in trading. Even down to 40% win rate with sound MM you are laughing to the bank. THere is a link in the thread for a MM calculator.

I hope I have answered your questions.
Trading is not a quick rich platform. DISCIPLINE and consistency pays.
Write down your trading rules in detail at each step and follow the checklist before you pull the trigger.

I have given guidelines in a previous post for a checklist. Please feel free to use it.
Thank you so much for your time to share I'm getting a better idea on this system which I feel has great potential. I hate to bother you again but could you please post the Slope Direction Indicator that you mentioned.

Thanks,
cwave
Old 26-03-2009, 19:11
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Hi all,

DT
I feel the same, nice post.;)
Old 26-03-2009, 19:20
Level II Lasers Member

Default SOME STATS ON ASH’s (thanks again Ash) AMAZING SYSTEM!

SOME STATS ON ASH’s (thanks again Ash) AMAZING SYSTEM!

I’ve been doing some basic analysis. The process isn’t finished by any means but I wanted to get something up in the interim for debate/observation/criticism.

Here’s what I have done. I manually traded the daily EUR/USD from January 2006 to now using FXDD platform. There were 56 valid trade Trigger Day Candles according to Swingman’s neat Indicator (thanks Swingman). Entry and exits were as Ash describes in the pdf on page 1.

There was no filtering, no MAs or CCIs. It was basic Ash rules with TP1 taken at first profitable candle, moving stop to BE and taking TP2 at AO colour change. The Initial Stop Loss (ISL) was at the Swing High /Swing Low.

I traded two units per trade worth £100 each - £200 representing 2% of a £10,000 account. The financial risk on each trade was therefore the same with the number of lots calculated by dividing £200 by the ISL in pips and then splitting into two units. e.g. Initial SL of 300 pips. 200/300 = 0.66 therefore each unit is 0.33 lots.

RESULT
Over the entire period there were 30 winning trades and 26 losing trades and a financial LOSS of some £1,990. I then decided to add some filters!

1) First I discounted any trades where the direction of Ash’s arrow wasn’t confirmed by the trend of the previous week on the Daily Chart (note NOT the trend on a Weekly Chart). To determine this I ran the cross hairs from the Close of the 5th candle back to the Close of the Trigger candle. This gave me a trend direction. If the trend was in the opposite direction to the arrow the trade was rejected.

RESULT
Doing this excluded 6 of the trades. Now there were 28 wins, 22 losers and the LOSS was now only around £1,400.

2) As has been mentioned here in previous posts by several people I next considered the size of the Initial Stop Loss (ISL).

A large ISL inevitably increases the win/loss ratio but it can severely curtail profits. I tested different ISLs based upon Fibonacci ratios of the Swing High/Swing Low and similarly using the length of the Trigger Day candle itself (from L to C for UP candles and from H to C for DOWN candles).

Here are the results (rounded):

# of trades = 50

Initial SL WIN LOSS P/L

Full Swing 28 22 -£1,400
62% 28 22 £450
50% 26 24 £1,090
38% 21 29 £950
23% 17 33 £2,560

Trig. Candle 26 24 £1,080
62% 20 30 £2,530
50% 17 33 £890
38% 16 34 £2,980
23% 13 37 £6,550

RESULT
Tempting though it is to draw conclusions from these figures 50 trades are far too few to be certain from a statistical point of view - although I tried to maximise the validity of the results by splitting the data in half and then confirming the findings of the first 25 with the results from the second batch.

Nevertheless it would seem to be reasonable to say that using an ISL of the Full Swing is not going to be the most profitable choice. At the same time the wholly unrealistic 65.50 ROI with the 23% Fib of the Trigger Candle cannot be relied upon being generated from evidence of only 13 winning trades.

Of the other fib ratios the most consistent was the 38% Fib of the Trigger Candle. It may be a little more realistic but this is still only based on 16 winning examples where just 5 of them provided 75% of the total profit. But this is not unsurprising. Indeed it is to be expected because as far as I can see an inherent aspect of the trading style of Ash’s system is that the “serious money” is made from relatively few trades which catch a strong trend.

The other drawback, of course, is that with a small SL you have to endure considerably more losing trades. Nevertheless it seems on the face of it that to make money with Ash’s system there is logic in choosing the smallest ISL your temperament can stand to ensure that when it finds a trend you are in deep enough for a good reward. The old “cut the losers short and let the profits run mantra”.

Also bear in mind that even the default position produced 22 losing trades out of 50.

3) I wondered also whether there was any significant relationship between the success of a trade and the robustness of the trend immediately preceding it. I was already filtering to ensure the 5day Trend was going the right way.

Therefore I added another filter to compare the size of the 5day Trend in pips in relation to the 10 Day Average Trade Range - the theory being that triggers with stronger positive trends behind them were more likely to be more successful. e.g (5day Trend)/(ATR(10)) x 100%

RESULT
Once again the amount of data is not sufficient to draw great significance.

One observation worth making though is that profits started to tail off heavily once the 5day Trend exceeded 100% of ATR(10) – presumably an indication that the trend had already run out of steam.

Also filtering with the Trend/ATR percentage had a measurable effect upon the win/loss ratio even though the profits remained pretty consistent across the range 0 to 100% - approx £3,000 to £4,500 using the 38% fib ISL and between £6,500 and £8,000 with the 23% fib ISL.

Here are Win/Loss percentages for the two SL values at different Trend/ATR % filter levels.

(Filter Levels) None 25% 45% 80% 100%

38% Trig Candle 32% 36% 41% 43% 48%
23% Trig Candle 26% 30% 32% 37% 43%

CONCLUSION

Clearly a lot more data is needed and I will endeavour to add to it as time allows. Once the evidence is statistically robust enough I will of make the full data available here.

Remember this only applies to EUR/USD. I have already started doing a similar exercise with GBP/USD which has very different characteristics.

I look forward to reading responses.
Old 26-03-2009, 19:26
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Hi all,

DT
:) I agree with you
Old 26-03-2009, 19:43
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by costard View Post

I’ve been doing some basic analysis. The process isn’t finished by any means but I wanted to get something up in the interim for debate/observation/criticism.

costard,
fantastic analysis so far! I've only been with the Ash system for a very short while and seeing your input in simply invaluable. nice work!
Old 26-03-2009, 20:43
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to db-trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by costard View Post

Wow thank you so much for this amazing input. I am trying very hard to go into longer term trades and finding it very hard but this information is what I need to get me kick started.
Old 26-03-2009, 20:47
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to db-trader

Quote:
Hi all,

DT

yup you got that right. It's very tempting to add indicators but basically stick to the program.
Old 26-03-2009, 22:05
Level II Lasers Member

Is anyone still short on the EURCHF and EURCAD
Old 26-03-2009, 22:23
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masoud View Post
Is anyone still short on the EURCHF and EURCAD
I'am still short on EURCHF and EURCAD. But i doubt if it will be a winner. Anyone?
Old 26-03-2009, 22:24
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echnat0n View Post
I'am still short on EURCHF and EURCAD. But i doubt if it will be a winner. Anyone?
I closed both today at the new candle.
Old 26-03-2009, 22:30
Level II Lasers Member

I closed the EURCHF since AC turned green. But still short on EURCAD.
Old 26-03-2009, 22:55
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Gooday from Perth. I see you are in OZland too! Which City?

Always interested to see alternative ways traders trade.

Hedgeing is a good solution to save the day.

Is it possible to include a chart with your second entry at EMA 8.?DOES THIS CANDLE HAVE TO CLOSE ABOVE THE ema 8? In my early days of trading I learnt crossover EMA3& 8 as a good entry signal along with RSI and MACD etc
Hi irathi i'm from victoria. no does not have to close over or under 8 ema for my second entry i just set a order around the 8ema. just have a look how many times the candle touches 8ema you will be amazed. And for the previous poster that disagrees with my style (re hedging) thats fine do what makes you happy,but i am very happy with my style. but i am not looking to suck up every pip posible (evan though there is nothing wrong with it if its there to get) but my reason for hedging is i have the upmost faith in ashfx system that if i get a signal on 4h chart, i will take it evan though i am already in it on the daily. and to tell you something my last 15 4h signals have all ended up winners. So what do you do when there is a conflict of interest when 4h signal comes up and the daily both opisite direction? ANSWER: take it, i do anyway. why? A) lesson the blow if the daily trade does not behave, and lets face it there will be times when the daily trades will be a loss and some pairs the stops will be 300 pipsor more. so why not have some sought of insurance. B) you can make money going down and when price going up so dont get married to one direction so both trades can be winners evan though you have them in opisite direction.

so if you think that hedging, playing safe, following and having faith in a systems signal, and maximising wins and minimising loss as greed, then yeh i am greedy. but i know i will be around longer in this buisiness.
Old 26-03-2009, 23:33
Level III Lasers Member

example of retrace to 8ema, just look at the last two trades people are talking about eur/chf and eur/cad. ........

eur/chf you would have entered half your pos at start of new candle after signal 1.5240 and take note how the second daily candle retraced to 8ema and you would have entered the second half of the trade at 1.5281 curently as i am typing the price is 1.5245. do the math and you would be 31 pips up instead of -10

eur/cad entered half at open of new candle after signal 1.6589 and take note how that first candle shot up to 8ema so there for the second half of the trade, the entry would have been @ 1.6711 wow that is 122 pips away. now the price is 1.6630. if my math is corect you would be 41 pips in profit instead of -82.

also if you look at the entry candle on the eur/cad daily then drop the chart to 4h frame, you would see a signal for long (as my hedging explanation) and would have made 120 pips the opisite direction of your daily trade.
Old 26-03-2009, 23:37
Level II Lasers Member

Default EUR/USD Trade

Still in on EUR/USD long position.

I brought at 1.3587. My limit is 1.3650 and stop at 1.3440.

Good Trading,
cwave :o
Old 26-03-2009, 23:57
Super Moderator

Guys, I have not entered any more trades since my short on EUR/CHF and short on EUR/CAD.

Whoever took the EUR/CHF should have closed half their position for a profit (because the consequent candle was red/bearish).

As for the EUR/CAD, we shall wait and see what happens.
Old 27-03-2009, 01:29
Level IV Lasers Member

Default SOME STATS ON ASH’s (thanks again Ash) AMAZING SYSTEM!

Thanks for the time & effort and also sharing this statistics on the forum.

A couple of points from this shows : (My personal views only and maynot agree with everyone)

1. A need for a longer timeframe trend filter. Even though I agree to stick to ASHFXv2 system as much as possible many traders have/are searching and experimenting with one more such filter. I am one of those traders. I am a firm believe in higher TF participation (not just 5day trend). To this end I encourage hearing from others what higher TF trend indicators they have had success in and demo trade them to see if one can improve trading results in conjuntion with ASHFXv2 SYSTEM.

2. There is a difference between trading strategy and trading plan.
I feel reading some posts there is some confusion between the two.

Ashfxv2 I regard as an excellent trading strategy for entry and exit signals.Many traders are not including the all important component of S&R when using this strategy. As there are several methods to look for S&R and not spelt out in the manual, this is initially left out .

Trading plan is wider than entry and exit signals.This includes whether you decide to trade with the higher TF, whether you add divergence as a filter, what TF you decide you want to trade, what % risk you decide to take, what currency pairs you want to trade etc.
Old 27-03-2009, 02:06
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Thank you so much for your time to share I'm getting a better idea on this system which I feel has great potential. I hate to bother you again but could you please post the Slope Direction Indicator that you mentioned.

Thanks,
cwave
The slope direction indicator was mentioned in post #229 by King Pips.

Have you read it?

I prefer that KING PIPS gives his version of the indicator on this forum in case I have an outdated version like the signal indicator you have just shared.( I had a previous version).

KING PIPS: There is a request for the slope direction indicator you mentioned in POST # 229 by cwave. Please do the honours and upload the version you use on this forum.

King Pips I am learning alot from you and prefer you answer the queries that you have experience with more that myself.
Old 27-03-2009, 03:19
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
The slope direction indicator was mentioned in post #229 by King Pips.

Have you read it?

I prefer that KING PIPS gives his version of the indicator on this forum in case I have an outdated version like the signal indicator you have just shared.( I had a previous version).

KING PIPS: There is a request for the slope direction indicator you mentioned in POST # 229 by cwave. Please do the honours and upload the version you use on this forum.

King Pips I am learning alot from you and prefer you answer the queries that you have experience with more that myself.
Ok Guys Give me a few moments to up load the Slope Direction Line
Old 27-03-2009, 03:33
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pips View Post
Ok Guys Give me a few moments to up load the Slope Direction Line
Now the Slope Direction Line is Here
I Put 2 Slopeline on the Daily chart. One set at 80-3-0 for main trend and the other I set it at 12-3-0 to see Retracements.
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 Slope Direction Line.ex4 (4.0 KB)
Old 27-03-2009, 04:05
Level IV Lasers Member

Default follow through from post #485 Audcad trade

Showing confirmation with daily and 4h TF.

AttN: King Pips for comments and feedback

This is a CCI 10 divergence on daily charts TF as an Alert for early entry of AshFXv2.

On 4h Tf, can see confirmation with double top (DT)pattern and divergence.

My PT is 100% fib expansion which is also valley of DT and daily Psar .

All in synch. Ashfxv2 has a signal on 4h charts.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-audcad-daily.jpg   The AshFX System - Version II-audcad-4h.jpg  

Last edited by lrathi; 27-03-2009 at 04:09.
Old 27-03-2009, 04:28
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Showing confirmation with daily and 4h TF.

AttN: King Pips for comments and feedback

This is a CCI 10 divergence on daily charts TF as an Alert for early entry of AshFXv2.

On 4h Tf, can see confirmation with double top (DT)pattern and divergence.

My PT is 100% fib expansion which is also valley of DT and daily Psar .

All in synch. Ashfxv2 has a signal on 4h charts.
Looks Good, If you check the Res. on the Weekly, its in a channel Res. From 0.8635 to 0.8570 if it breaks down it can go 0.8320 area. Div's. are showing for sell also on Daily and 4hr with Double top on 4hr. Stoch. is over bought crossed down. The AUD/CAD is at 0.8586 as I write,
Watch the 0.8570 Break and to hit the Par. it would go to 0.8519. to start Ashfx Signal.

Last edited by King Pips; 27-03-2009 at 04:34.
Old 27-03-2009, 05:35
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pips View Post
Looks Good, If you check the Res. on the Weekly, its in a channel Res. From 0.8635 to 0.8570 if it breaks down it can go 0.8320 area. Div's. are showing for sell also on Daily and 4hr with Double top on 4hr. Stoch. is over bought crossed down. The AUD/CAD is at 0.8586 as I write,
Watch the 0.8570 Break and to hit the Par. it would go to 0.8519. to start Ashfx Signal.
Thanks for feedback.

Having trouble seeing your weekly channel. Please could you send a chart indicating your channel and showing the0.8320 level.

Also you say watch the 0.8570 level break. Please show this as well.

As I write i am in profit.

My second profit Target is 161% fib exp(0.8432) as this is also old resistance becomes support @0.8445
Old 27-03-2009, 10:29
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
example of retrace to 8ema, just look at the last two trades people are talking about eur/chf and eur/cad. ........

eur/chf you would have entered half your pos at start of new candle after signal 1.5240 and take note how the second daily candle retraced to 8ema and you would have entered the second half of the trade at 1.5281 curently as i am typing the price is 1.5245. do the math and you would be 31 pips up instead of -10

eur/cad entered half at open of new candle after signal 1.6589 and take note how that first candle shot up to 8ema so there for the second half of the trade, the entry would have been @ 1.6711 wow that is 122 pips away. now the price is 1.6630. if my math is corect you would be 41 pips in profit instead of -82.

also if you look at the entry candle on the eur/cad daily then drop the chart to 4h frame, you would see a signal for long (as my hedging explanation) and would have made 120 pips the opisite direction of your daily trade.
Hi Bill

Interesting ema you have there and it looks good to me but could it be possible to put some cahrts up so i can understand more what you are saying on the 8ema, they say a picture paints a thousnad words so when you have time that would be great

Thanks
Paul