Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Discussion

Leverage and spreads

Forex Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27-01-2015, 09:07
Level V Lasers Member

Default Leverage and spreads

Spread and leverage are two important factors for traders to choose brokers. It's very important to choose only the best forex broker which would have attractive leverage (:100 or 1:200, 1:500 ), because such sites can be scam). We need to invest our money only into most trusted Forex brokers. otherwise, you can loose all your investments. Every new forex trader should choose one of the best and most attractive brokers and he should work only with one broker at first.

How about you?
Old 30-01-2015, 16:41
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Re: Leverage and spreads

No doubt a broker should be genuine, but many brokers lure traders by giving them high spreads , spreads are good only if you can utilize them otherwise they are very risky as you have to pay in equal ratios.
Old 16-10-2015, 04:13
Level V Lasers Member

There are so many tips to choose best broker, Firstly we check trading conditions including spreads, platforms and system which was important for us. i think the best options is find the broker who give you the lowest spread and fast execution. this really help you in long term trading.
Old 16-10-2015, 08:10
Level II Lasers Member

I think we need to select best suitable and reliable broker, not lowest spread because broker will get it back from other places. As for leverage, always keep it below safe line set by you.
Old 20-10-2015, 12:36
Level IV Lasers Member

I wouldn't recommend you to trade with leverage more than 1:100 as it expose your account to a very high level of risk. Regarding spreads I can say that for scalpers zero spread account is best I found one in Hotforex, they offer zero spread for EUR/USD when market is in flat and in volatile conditions spreads are mostly waves around 0.1.0.3 pips.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:33
Level V Lasers Member

I usually have high leverage and always looking for the smallest spread as possible in the forex brokers and in the pairs. Leverage for me is to use 1:500 on TICKMILL.

Leverage is a good factor to the traders can make more profit. But leverage is also a double-edged sword for anyone to use it. if you do not use the leverage effect will cause a large debt and you can not pay it. it will affect our mentality and you do not know how to overcome it. The best we should use the leverage in line with our abilities.
Old 19-11-2015, 09:19
Level IV Lasers Member

Spread is much more important than leverage because you can change trade risk by using different lot size but you can't change spreads. What you can change is charging scheme for example in case of Zero spread account in Hotforex there is raw spread+commission scheme, in case of fixed spread its a bit bigger than usual but its fixed and doesn't widen during volatility.
Old 23-12-2015, 05:55
Level V Lasers Member

Money that does not belong to be is available to me only at a cost. such money carry huge risks too if one does not know how to manage it well. traders must learn all lessons relating to right leveraging, lot sizing and proper money managements etc. its important to know when to trade and when to abstain from trading. now I use tickmill. this broker provide me EUR/USD pair with average raw spread 0.1-0.3 pips