Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX BROKERS > Broker Talk

Go Markets (Aus)

Broker Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27-04-2009, 00:10
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Go Markets (Aus)

Has anyone any experience of using Go Markets? They are one of relatively few brokers offering MT4 in Australia.
Old 15-05-2009, 12:34
Level 1 Lasers Member

I've been using GoMarkets here in Aus and they are pretty good. No stop hunting a far as I can tell.
Old 16-05-2009, 10:00
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Go Markets

I am also with Go

So far so good!
Old 16-05-2009, 23:14
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Go Market

They had issues when they changed to new feed all is back to normal now. I find they have less requotes than Axis.
Old 11-08-2009, 20:42
Level 1 Lasers Member

I find they are getting better as time goes by.
Old 11-08-2009, 22:36
Level III Lasers Member

Default GOOD SOFAR

yes im using this lot also.
i deposited a test amount and withdrew it straight away to check if they were for real and i got the payment back in 2 days.
small amount of requotes, maybe 6 in 2-3 months.
and smaller spreads than FXDD, sometime by a fair amount, which surprised me.

cheers al.
Old 13-08-2009, 00:55
Level II Lasers Member

i use Go Markets aswell. although like others, i do not have much positive things to say. i have problems with requotes and its worse than other brokers i have had. Spreads increase on regulor basis evan when news is not around. and most troublesome of all, is many many times i get server conection loss especialy when major moves are about to happen so can't exit or enter trades. no good for scalpers. Thumbs down for now, but will give them a chance a bit more longer to iron out there problems considering they are new. But if it does not improve, it would be scary to think how bad they will be in future once they have much more clients and not need to impress anymore.
Old 13-08-2009, 21:18
Level III Lasers Member

Is this broker only for Australians?
Old 04-09-2009, 04:34
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Gomarkets are rank amateurs

Heres my honest two cents worth;

These guys are rank amateurs. If your serious about trading, then dont go with gomarkets. Im telling you this from 20 years trading and testing multiple brokers and platforms. There are brokers all offering Metatrader .. but thats where it stops, different feed, rates etc are also an issue..

If your the occassional manual trader then these guys are ok but be prepared to put up with the usual broker BS and f**cking around trying to get their s**t together.

Since Ive been with them ive endured downtime (waking up to systems off) only to be told its a fire alarm problem shut down the server, spiky data caused by illiquid price feed, numerous attempts to upgrade the servers having to recode the EAs from different price feeds to make them work, poor chart data quality, constant dropouts, slow tics (a lot of guys overseas that use scalpers wont touch go because their data feed is poor)

My transactions on my scalpers dropped 70% compared with that of Alpari, thats a fact, i have the settled transaction sheets. I ran the same EA over the same time over the same chart and had one broker do 9 trades vs 2 trades on gomarkets. Something is definitely fishy about the data feed. This company promises a lot but delivers very little. They are constantly fluffing around with services, data, bs after bs and each time i have to get my EAs altered to reflect changes etc. When i first joined fapturbo was banned and then spreads were maxed out .. its like a second hand lawn mower... one days its one thing .. another day its another... LACK OF CONSISTANCY.

Ask major EA providers and you will see very few of their clients use Gomarkets.

So the spread .. half a pip? so how do they make money? The answer might lie in the terrible slippage which is 4-10 pips on occassions in the morning. The old broker BS is hard at work, we offer half a pip spread but little do you know youve just paid the extra on the slip,,, if half a pip were going through where does everyone get a cut including your IB's?

Speaking of broker BS, these guys have been active in the forums but were caught red handed posting under different nic's
check
http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/public...aus.com?page=1
Review Moderation Team Note: We aren't blinkered either and go to great efforts to prevent fake reviews. In this case, we are more concerned that Chris seems to have left 4 and 5 star reviews for GoMarketsAus as...
James, Syndey
pipprofit, Australia
James, Melbourne,Vic,Aus
jake, Canada
Our screening for fake reviews caught these pretty quickly, so they were deleted.

As for having the money in Australian bank accounts.. come on fellahs ..get real! the guarantee is up to a $1m and there is no where on the site that said your deposits are guaranteed only that its in a segregated bank account .. which let me say is comingled with other client funds...therefore if your $$$$ are in a pool of $5m and something happens ...will you be in the $4m that the government doesnt pay out?

Leverage is an ordinary 1:200, ... lets face it .. 1:400 or 1:500 is available elsewhere and so is metals, oil and indicies which this company doesnt offer.

LATENCY: Check the commercial network services company latency chart and find comparison ie.
gomarkets is up to 5 times slower in latency than some of the other brokers ... Slow order processing will cost you, this in turn will experience requoting .. but they keep mucking around with the order flow processing to try and stop requoting so i dont get trying to execute an order 3 times to get out these days thank god.

No dealing desk. Look guys, it really doesnt matter if your a small time trader .. but go say they dont have a dealing desk .. but can anyone confirm whether theyre a white label (to a broker that does)?

More questions than answers and I would seriously look at other brokers ...

try FXCM, FXOPEN, AXIS FOREX, Tadawul etc...
your EAs will thankyou for it.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:36
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredash View Post
They had issues when they changed to new feed all is back to normal now. I find they have less requotes than Axis.
two major issues there...

FEED
REQUOTES
Been suffering all year .. excuse after excuse ... see my other post.

If you want to manually trade then go for it.. go are fine but if you want to run EAs .. better value elsewhere.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:43
Level II Lasers Member

Oh yeh one last thing, if you read positive things about Go blow your account, oops i mean Go trader :D it's certain that poster has ties with the broker. it is curently imposible to find a good point about them apart from us ausies find it easy to deposit funds. Be aware.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:34
Level 1 Lasers Member

Spot on Macedonia!:cool:..

Theres nothing that sets this broker apart from any other broker. FXCM and others will stomp all over these guys because their service is terrible. Theyve proved themselves A-Grade terrible.:eek::mad:

They should just learn to tell every tom dick and harry that makes a suggestion eg. go 5 digits, go ECN, go variable spread blah blah blah to just fu*( off and get on with having a stable, reliable system that next month wont be changed resulting in me having to change my EAs.

The power outage was the biggest joke! ..
I just want these posts to be read by all those thinking of trying this broker and tell them what frustratiions we have had and not bother wasting your time with them. GO!Somewhere else....and hopefully GO will be GOne!

key words: gomarkets, go markets, complaints, issues, problems, reviews, australian, australia, forex, fx, currency, broker, melbourne, brokers,
Old 29-09-2009, 12:43
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default this is why using EAs with gomarkets is going to cost you.

Different brokers ...using the same EA

Forex Collective
http://www.forexhope.com/mt4/report/...llectiveFX.htm

FX open
http://www.forexhope.com/mt4/report/Bling-FXOpen.htm

Now check Gomarkets performance.....

Check Gomarkets
http://www.forexhope.com/mt4/report/Bling-GoTrader.htm
** at the time of writing there was a significant difference between gomarkets performance and other brokers using the same EA. this can be subject to change but what this current statement displays is that gomarkets melbourne forex broker is CRAP.

keywords: forex broker currency trading, melbourne, australia, broker, issues, problems, scalping, complaints, complaint, anyone using, who is, live account, platforms, metatrader, .au, brokers
Old 05-10-2009, 12:50
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Maybe a crap EA

[QUOTE=asitejust4u;5246]Different brokers ...using the same EA

All started at different time with different account size and different number of trades.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:03
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Maybe a Shit broker too

Maybe i got to pull out all the excuses out of the gomarkets hat why things arent working today. could it be a fire alarm, the servers down etc. "L" plate accounts which accept a maximum of $500 in the account.. like GIVE ME A FARKING BREAK!!

Seriously, the slippage was terrible ... 6-10 pips on the gbp on some occassions ... that throws this tight spread out the door, they dont know what the left hand is doing from the right hand ... probably one hand is on something with the other typing replies in forums under fake names as theyve been caught out doing

Gomarkets Australia is a second rate service, its just a white label ...
you might as cut out the middle man and trade with a more professional firm.