View Single Post
Old 21-04-2009, 22:07
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
It seems you are are not entirely new to forex trading as you have been trying other strategies. YOu are only new to Ashfxv2 strategy.
No no, i'm completely new to all this. I literally started demo trading at the start of the month. And I won't be trading live if I can't earn more than 20% by the end of the year. I'm already up about 20% this month so i'm off to a good start. This is mainly a research thing for me. I'm an economics student and I want to see first hand if it's possible to 'beat the market' without taking on above average risk; there's no shortage of people who claim to be able to and folks who will lap it up with the promise of being a millionaire overnight (FAP Turbo i'm looking at you).

Quote:
These days there are beginners courses for a very small investment . Many forex brokers give this basic education free on their websites without even having an account with them.
I learnt the 'basics' from the Informed Trades website which is quite a good resource for us newbies, I think. It's pretty hard to seperate the good information from the junk. Would I really want to trust the education/strategies from a broker though? Aren't they the guys who are trying to screw me? ;) FWIW I read through the education modules CMC markets sent me and they were very basic to say the least ("sell when Stochs are overbought and buy when oversold"). I'll stick to the basics for now. I think newbies like me are naturally drawn to indicators because they appear to make life easier (when A, B & C line up, take the trade!). But i'm quickly learning that its the major S&R levels, trendlines, higher time frames & fibs that seem to work best.

OK - enough digression from the thread - back to ASH FX signals :eek: