View Single Post
Old 13-01-2014, 10:40
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Re: MAYZUS Investment Company Ltd - MAYZUS.com

Soukalova Wins Germany's Biathlon World Cup

MAYZUS would like to congratulate its athlete, Gabriela Soukalova, from the Czech Republic Biathlon team, for winning the women’s pursuit for her third win of the season, at the Biathlon World Cup on Sunday in Ruhpolding, Germany. She beat the defending champion, Berger, of Norway, who missed one target.

The 10 kilometer course took Soukalova only 30 minutes and 39.8 seconds to complete, coming in 9.7 seconds ahead of her rival Berger for the win. Gabriela’s clean shooting and undeniable drive and motivation put her ahead of Kaisa Makarainen (Finland), who finished third after missing three targets, Franziska Preuss (Germany), who missed one target, and team mate Veronika Vitkova from the Czech Republic Biathlon team (sponsored by MAYZUS Investment Company), who also missed one target.

Modest as always, Soukalova commented "I was hoping to be in the top five. It was stressful. In the third loop, I was getting tired and tried to think about the chance to get a clean shooting. That was my one tactic.”

Having also won Friday’s individual race, Soukalova leads the women's standings so far, after 11 out of 22 events, with 426 points, 46 ahead of Makarainen and 51 ahead of Berger.

MAYZUS Investment Company would like to take this opportunity to celebrate its top athlete’s success on Sunday, and has every confidence she will continue her winning streak for the remaining 11 events!