Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Systems

Which system is best for trading in lower timeframe?

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23-10-2009, 18:21
Level III Lasers Member

Default Which system is best for trading in lower timeframe?

What is the best system to trade forex in lower time frame, i mean under H1. My preference is to trade in M5 time frame but i really don't know a system which is designed to work with this time frame. M30 and M15 time frames would also be good for me so if you know any system which can work profitably in these time frames please share it with us.:)
Old 01-11-2009, 03:10
Level 1 Lasers Member

You may want to look here:

http://www.tradingsystemforex.com/ex...ike-ea-51.html

Funyoo wrote an EA modeled after vForce that can be configured to work well at the M5 or higher timeframes. A couple of us over there have been refactoring it and tweaking features. My last version is attached to this message. It is still a work in progress, but it works OK for me.

Originally called "vForce Like EA", since it was so much modified, I renamed this one "FunYooSalad" in honor of the original author. Maxim did the main refactoring, but I added a couple of features and fixed a couple of bugs.

Still on the list to fix:

1) Expiration setting for orders
2) The original had a cool double order feature, where one got a TP and the other got a dynamic SL setting to try for higher profits.
3) I am probably going to add some features to address session openings, so that we can collar the open and take advantage of gap-up/down opens.

Please forward test this and do some optimization runs to tune it to your broker and preferred currency before using it with real money!!

BTW, I AM using it on real money and I have included the preset files from last weeks session in EURJPY and AUDUSD. The trading signal function is outstanding, except when it encounters the left shoulder of a head-and-shoulders reversal. However, the CloseBigLosers setting puts a stop to that (pun alert), so losses will not run wild, at least on an individual trade basis. ;)

MM
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 FunYooSalad.mq4 (41.6 KB)
File Type: zip funyoo salad micro sets.zip (1.3 KB)
Old 01-11-2009, 08:24
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan View Post
You may want to look here:

http://www.tradingsystemforex.com/ex...ike-ea-51.html

Funyoo wrote an EA modeled after vForce that can be configured to work well at the M5 or higher timeframes. A couple of us over there have been refactoring it and tweaking features. My last version is attached to this message. It is still a work in progress, but it works OK for me.

Originally called "vForce Like EA", since it was so much modified, I renamed this one "FunYooSalad" in honor of the original author. Maxim did the main refactoring, but I added a couple of features and fixed a couple of bugs.

Still on the list to fix:

1) Expiration setting for orders
2) The original had a cool double order feature, where one got a TP and the other got a dynamic SL setting to try for higher profits.
3) I am probably going to add some features to address session openings, so that we can collar the open and take advantage of gap-up/down opens.

Please forward test this and do some optimization runs to tune it to your broker and preferred currency before using it with real money!!

BTW, I AM using it on real money and I have included the preset files from last weeks session in EURJPY and AUDUSD. The trading signal function is outstanding, except when it encounters the left shoulder of a head-and-shoulders reversal. However, the CloseBigLosers setting puts a stop to that (pun alert), so losses will not run wild, at least on an individual trade basis. ;)

MM
Dear Music Man
I will certainly test it and post the results. I am not kind of a tech guy so I really appreciate your amazing works and will use your modified system.
Thank you again:)
Old 01-11-2009, 08:30
Level III Lasers Member

Dear Music man
I have downloaded the files for funyoo salad, please tell me where to put the original and .set files, it will be really appreciated.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:38
Level 1 Lasers Member

The MQ4 file goes in the "experts" folder under your MetaTrader4 installation folder. Within the experts folder, you will find a folder called presets. The .set file goes there. Before you can use it, you have to open it in MetaEditor and compile it, which creates an executable .EX4 file out of the source code file.

To save you time, I am posting the EX4 file in this message. It also goes in the experts folder.

Let me know about any problems and I will try to help resolve them.

Good luck!

MM
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 FunYooSalad.ex4 (30.7 KB)
Old 03-11-2009, 06:14
Level III Lasers Member

Dear Music Man
Thank you thank you very much for your dedication on this matter and yes i was able to compile the file and used it on 5m time-frame, i still don't have any clue about how this system generates signals but i will watch and learn hopefully. In the meantime i wanted to thank you and ask if there is any available pdf manuals for this or not?
Thanks again:)
Old 03-11-2009, 14:31
Level 1 Lasers Member

>>How does it generate signals?

/*
Buy when :
- Stochastic main over stochastic signal,
- RSI over 50,
- BearsPower over 0,
- Price over parabolic SAR,
- Fast moving average over slow moving average,
- Price action filter (close[0] > open[0])
*/

To sell, it just reverses those parameters.

Funyoo also made a free indicator out of these signals, so a person can trade them manually, if they want. (see attached)

MM
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 vForce Like Indy.mq4 (7.1 KB)
Old 06-11-2009, 08:45
Level III Lasers Member

thanks very much:)
Old 24-07-2010, 06:31
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default i have test it

i have test it but not good on Friday

how can i setting multiplier=1 to fix lot size????