Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Systems

AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2009, 20:51
Super Moderator

Default AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques

This new thread has been opened for members who feel they can add extra value to AshFX V2 with their own method(s).
Old 12-05-2009, 00:56
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFX View Post
This new thread has been opened for members who feel they can add extra value to AshFX V2 with their own method(s).
I can't say I have anything of "extra value" to add yet, but hopefully it will be o.k. to debut this thread with an observation regarding CCI Divergence, and anyone who knows more about it than I do can feel free to correct it (which is probably about 99% of the human race :o).

Attached is a chart for AUD/NZD. On May 5, CCI was at 99.05 at the end of the trading day. This followed an uptrend with definite CCI divergence. With that scenario in mind, am I correct in understanding that would be a logical place to place a Short trade in anticipation of an upcoming AshFX trade? The AshFX signal came on the 11th of May, but it appears one could have jumped into this trade about 150 pips earlier based on the CCI signal. Is that a correct interpretation? Any insights would be appreciated. :)
Attached Thumbnails
AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques-aud-nzd-short.jpg  

Last edited by yen44x; 12-05-2009 at 01:20.
Old 23-05-2009, 01:14
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
My AUD/CAD candle was actually a green doji! (By 1 pip).

For those who entered, lucky pips!
There was Early Trend CCI Div. Reversal
Went in at 0.8900, Exit 1/2 at 0.8845 for 55 pips. Have other 1/2 in, up 65 pips.
Old 23-05-2009, 08:54
Level III Lasers Member

Send a message via ICQ to cencored

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pips View Post
Went in at 0.8900, Exit 1/2 at 0.8845 for 55 pips. Have other 1/2 in, up 65 pips.
Yes I just saw that one as well. Nice pips flowing in :)
Is it actually worthwhile to check the charts of two different brokers to spot more CCI Div's on the daily chart?
I pretty much have resorted to trading CCI div's only, really high probability signal.
Old 23-05-2009, 09:17
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pips View Post
When I see cencored's post I have decided to add.... Great trade!

I use CCI as a matter of fact no matter what strategy/indicators I use.
Old 24-05-2009, 02:42
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrathi View Post
When I see cencored's post I have decided to add.... Great trade!

I use CCI as a matter of fact no matter what strategy/indicators I use.
Hi ..

Is there any CCI divergence indicator that can detect the divergence? My eye doen't good in detecting any divergence..

Thanks .. Have a good bank-in pips weekend ..:D
Old 24-05-2009, 05:01
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Hi ..

Is there any CCI divergence indicator that can detect the divergence? My eye doen't good in detecting any divergence..

Thanks .. Have a good bank-in pips weekend ..:D
Unfortunately in my humble opinion, The HUMAN EYE is the best for detecting divergence of any sort, followed by the data window to confirm.

Some indicators are available, but my eyes go "SQUINTED" looking at them

You can always "GOOGLE" anything you want to find. Plenty of indicators and resources everywhere.

Last edited by lrathi; 24-05-2009 at 06:33.
Old 24-05-2009, 14:26
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default AshFX v2 with Murrey math lines

Hi guys i want to post my last trade Ashfx v2 with murrey math as a complementary. I've been a fan of MM for a long time, actually i think it gives better analyses in terms of support, resistance and reversal points. so here it goes. Notice for an almost perfect AshFX setup on the May 19 with both AC and AO on red and candle closing 58 pips more than 38pips is always good) below the 5/8 harmonic. i took it short because of that... Stochcastic is on oversold... but i managed to enter anyway. My current TP is on the 4/8 line (1.0742) after that reversal is expected.
What do you guys think of it?
Attached Thumbnails
AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques-usdchf.gif  
Old 24-05-2009, 23:29
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timf1979 View Post
Hi guys i want to post my last trade Ashfx v2 with murrey math as a complementary. I've been a fan of MM for a long time, actually i think it gives better analyses in terms of support, resistance and reversal points. so here it goes. Notice for an almost perfect AshFX setup on the May 19 with both AC and AO on red and candle closing 58 pips more than 38pips is always good) below the 5/8 harmonic. i took it short because of that... Stochcastic is on oversold... but i managed to enter anyway. My current TP is on the 4/8 line (1.0742) after that reversal is expected.
What do you guys think of it?
I had MM on my charts as well for a while and then decided to take it down after things became way too cluttered. it is almost impossible to do any proper analysis with all those lines. A fib grid and an indicator showing daily, weekly, monthly pivots is more than enough IMO.
Old 25-05-2009, 17:09
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Trading Timeframes

Quote:
Originally Posted by cencored View Post
Yes I just saw that one as well. Nice pips flowing in :)
Is it actually worthwhile to check the charts of two different brokers to spot more CCI Div's on the daily chart?
I pretty much have resorted to trading CCI div's only, really high probability signal.
Hi cencored,

Do use primarily trade the Daily charts and use CCI 20 or 10;also do you trade lower timeframes and use CCI 10?

Many thanks,

freddx

Last edited by fredx; 25-05-2009 at 17:11.
Old 26-05-2009, 08:20
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredx View Post
Hi cencored,

Do use primarily trade the Daily charts and use CCI 20 or 10;also do you trade lower timeframes and use CCI 10?

Many thanks,

freddx
I only use CCI 10, trust me on this one, no need to play around with other settings.
If you go through the original Ashfx 2 thread you will find a few helpful posts to that topic. Good luck :)
Old 30-05-2009, 10:47
Level IV Lasers Member

Default lrathi

Per your requests,

RSX
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 MA_of_RSX_RefreshFixed.mq4 (4.4 KB)
File Type: mq4 RSX.mq4 (2.5 KB)
Old 30-05-2009, 18:12
Level IV Lasers Member

Default comparison of two versions of RSX indicator

Firstly, thanks vanhook2 for sharing the version on th forum.

The indicator is the same except the OS&OB default settings are different. These can be changed in the indicator itself.
Attached Thumbnails
AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques-usdjpy_rsx-comparsion.gif  
Old 31-05-2009, 02:17
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhook2 View Post
Per your requests,

RSX
Thanks! Can you tell us what settings you use?
Old 31-05-2009, 05:27
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTrader View Post
Thanks! Can you tell us what settings you use?
Settings which ever you prefer. It is a smoothed RSI. Default is fine for Higher TF's.

'Google' the indicator and you will learn more. Sells for $199.00 for other platforms.
Old 01-06-2009, 16:57
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Per your requests,

RSX
Thanks VanHook, I haven't read the whole thread on the V2 system...is that what you are posting these indicators in response to? Can you please describe how you use them?

Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 13:12
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Thanks VanHook, I haven't read the whole thread on the V2 system...is that what you are posting these indicators in response to? Can you please describe how you use them?

Thanks
I use it to keep me in a trade a bit longer. The Stoch. tops/bottoms out quicker, most likely the settings of the Stoch..

For more Info. on the RSX, follow the link below.
RSX
Old 02-06-2009, 14:14
Level III Lasers Member

Thanks, the link was an interesting read. Have you stopped using the RSI in exchange for the RSX? What timeframes does it work best on?

The MA of RSX indicator, is that a spin-off of the original RSX? How does that work?--there is much more movement/noise on it. Do you use both the plain RSX and the MA_of_RSX to stay in longer?

Regards

Last edited by Neo; 02-06-2009 at 14:18.
Old 02-06-2009, 17:06
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Neo

Quote:
Thanks, the link was an interesting read. Have you stopped using the RSI in exchange for the RSX? What timeframes does it work best on?

The MA of RSX indicator, is that a spin-off of the original RSX? How does that work?--there is much more movement/noise on it. Do you use both the plain RSX and the MA_of_RSX to stay in longer?

Regards
Too many questions.
I would recommend that you put it on your charts & watch it.
Also, read & understand the V2 system.
Old 02-06-2009, 17:09
Level III Lasers Member

Fair enough. BTW, I did apply both the RSX indicators and watched them for 45 minutes. I entered 4 trades (on a demo account) using only the RSX to see how it would perform. Lost 3, won 1.
Old 03-06-2009, 19:33
Level IV Lasers Member

Murry Math Level Indicator & some 4hr charts.
If you want to try it, follow the link.

Forex Factory - View Single Post - Trading using Murray Maths and Price Action
Attached Thumbnails
AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques-gu1.gif   AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques-gj1.gif  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:10
Level IV Lasers Member

Default using complimentary indicators CCI and RSX more pips

See GBPUSD chart attached

Also note how RSX can keep you in the trade longer conpared to Stochastics that VAnhook mentioned in a previous post.
Attached Thumbnails
AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques-ashfx-gbpusd-4h-complimentary.gif  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:26
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Want to trade with higher timeframe participation?

TOP DOWN APPROACH made easy in conjuction with ASHFX2 signals

Initially performance 100% Winning trades on Entry signals. 40%+ profit in 4 trading days using 4H Timeframe.

Working on ideal EXIT strategy at this stage.... not long to perfect....Coming Soon!

H1Scalper System (MTF D1,H1,M5) - Forex Factory

H1Scalper System (MTF D1,H1,M5) by Swingman

Do not let the name scalper system put you off higher TF trading.

The dashboard can be adapted for any timeframe trading (Scalping to investing).

Also, this strategy is more suited for intermediate to advanced trader levels.

Any questions about this system to be asked on the thread there (FF) not here.
Attached Thumbnails
AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques-ashfxv2-higher-tf-trading.gif  

Last edited by lrathi; 04-06-2009 at 11:48.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:51
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Updated version of the Smoothed RSX

:)The author has come out with a new version, V3.
This 1 has an alert in it.
You will have to D/L all the files for it to function properly.

The following is from the author:
MA_of_RSX_v3

This RSX allows the setting of either user-defined overbought /oversold RSX alert levels OR allows alerts for RSX cross up / down. Won't work for both types of alerts set to true.

The chart below, shows an example of the alert. Don't mind how the rsx looks in the chart, the strategy tester can't handle it. It will render properly on a live chart.

This RSX requires all the files _v2 required, so if you don't have _v2 and related Jurik files you won't be able to use this one.

From the author's V2 release:

Ok, so I've got my hands on the Jurik series, so I'm upgrading all my RSX indicators. I also coded a DOUBLE RSX indicator, not sure I'm as excited about its usefulness as the Jurik Site, but I'll post it here for your evaluation.

The Jurik series allows you to smooth the RSX, without changing the period. It also allows you access to 14 different price types to run the RSX on.

I found the price type changes were best seen in the JRSX, it's not that obvious on the MA of RSX. It also appears that the previous RSX indicator was based on a smoothing of 1. I have defaulted the smoothing of the new indicators to 3.

Changing the smoothing is best seen on the MA of RSX, as it will alter when the bars change color.

The following indicators :

JurXSeries.mqh
JJMASeries.mqh
PriceSeries.mqh

are required to be placed in: MetaTrader-Experts-Include (Do not try to compile the .mqh files)

and
Heiken Ashi#.mq4
JJRSX.mq4
MA of RSXv2
GH JRSX DIVERGENCE

to be placed in: MetaTrader-Experts-Indicators

Hit the U/L (5 file) limit. 3 more file in the next post.:)
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 MA_of_RSX_v3.mq4 (6.3 KB)
File Type: mq4 MA_of_RSX_v2.mq4 (5.1 KB)
File Type: mq4 Heiken Ashi#.mq4 (3.9 KB)
File Type: mq4 JJRSX.mq4 (8.8 KB)
File Type: mq4 GH_JRSX_Divergence.mq4 (14.5 KB)
Old 05-06-2009, 12:01
Level IV Lasers Member

Default 3 more Files

These files need to be in the MetaTrader-Experts-Include (Do not try to compile the .mqh files)

Sorry folks, could not U/L the .MQH files, I had to ZIP them.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Jurik.zip (17.7 KB)
Old 05-06-2009, 14:19
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
H1Scalper System (MTF D1,H1,M5) by Swingman
Irathi, I won't ask you about SwingMan's system here, but I just read the whole thread over on FF. I know you were instrumental in helping him prepare the instructions/rules for this system and you seem to have been using it for a while...so I wanted to ask if you are suggesting incorporating the H1 Scalper System (or parts of it) with AshFX's V2 System? The dashboard on the H1 Scalper seems to be a system resource hog of sorts and the charts look rather busy, how would you combine all that with the AshFX V2?

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2009, 15:32
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Irathi, I won't ask you about SwingMan's system here, but I just read the whole thread over on FF. I know you were instrumental in helping him prepare the instructions/rules for this system and you seem to have been using it for a while...so I wanted to ask if you are suggesting incorporating the H1 Scalper System (or parts of it) with AshFX's V2 System? The dashboard on the H1 Scalper seems to be a system resource hog of sorts and the charts look rather busy, how would you combine all that with the AshFX V2?

Thanks.
Neo,

There are many ways to incorporate the H1 Scalper System with many different systems including Ashfxv2. There is a higher TF version called basket trader now.

It is a MTF dashboard with flexibility from M1 to W1.

I am a trader who uses the TOP DOWN Approach as one of my basic pillars in trading. If you have read my posts on the other thread you can see this very clearly.

In this light, use the dashboard as a stand alone which is proving very profitable

OR

Yes I am suggesting incorporating the H1 Scalper System (or parts of it) with AshFX's V2 System ie....

Trade the Ashfx v2 signals when they come up only in the direction of the higher TF as shown on the dashboard. Many traders find it difficult to determine the trends.

"The dashboard on the H1 Scalper seems to be a system resource hog of sorts and the charts look rather busy"

I did mention this was for INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCED level of traders. To a beginner it might seem so.

Happy trading!

Last edited by lrathi; 05-06-2009 at 18:13.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:25
Level II Lasers Member

Default PRO TRADERS

Don't want to intrude to much, 2 quick comments.
VANHOOK- Don't think I got around to thanking you for the RSX link. It was informative but beyond my scope right now, will bank it for later.

IRATHI- Watering at the mouth for your 4Hr. MTF approach. Can't wait!!

Thanks to all.
MC
Old 06-06-2009, 08:04
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123mcmc View Post
Don't want to intrude to much, 2 quick comments.
VANHOOK- Don't think I got around to thanking you for the RSX link. It was informative but beyond my scope right now, will bank it for later.

IRATHI- Watering at the mouth for your 4Hr. MTF approach. Can't wait!!

Thanks to all.
MC
You put a smile on my face when I read your metaphors!

Please acknowledge Swingman too in your thanks and gradtitude as he has contributed to this H4 strategy in his own right, refining and adding many a professional idea.

You can do this on the FF thread as I think he reads all posts there regularly.
Old 13-06-2009, 09:49
Level IV Lasers Member

Default AUDNZD weekly analysis Trade shorts only on DAILY

Combining ASHFXv2 indicators with other momentum indicators discussed and candlesticks.

Bearish Divergence seen more clearly

Use momemtum oscillators to confirm weakening momentum with bearish reversals candles can increase the robustness of a bearish reversal pattern.

Shooting Star seen.... Bearish reversal indication.
Candlesticks provide an excellent means to identify short-term reversals, but should not be used alone.

Shooting Star
The shooting star is made up of one candlestick (white or black) with a small body, long upper shadow and small or nonexistent lower shadow. The size of the upper shadow should be a least twice the length of the body and the high/low range should be relatively large. Large is a relative term and the high/low range should be large relative to the range over the last 10-20 days.

For a candlestick to be in star position, it must gap way from the previous candlestick. In Candlestick Charting Explained, Greg Morris indicates that a shooting star should gap up from the preceding candlestick. However, in Beyond Candlesticks, Steve Nison provides a shooting star example that forms below the previous close. There should be room to maneuver, especially when dealing with stocks and indices, which often open near the previous close. A gap up would definitely enhance the robustness of a shooting star, but the essence of the reversal should not be lost without the gap.

So if weekly looks so bearish..... Trading with higher Timeframe participation...

Trade Ashfxv2 signals or any other strategy on lower TF(daily) will be ONLY SHORTS.

Many happy pips to be made in the coming weeks.
Attached Thumbnails
AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques-audnzd-weekly.gif  

Last edited by lrathi; 13-06-2009 at 09:51.
Old 13-06-2009, 14:56
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Candlesticks provide an excellent means to identify short-term reversals...
For anybody interested, attached is a PDF on candlestick formations which has helped me learn to identify reversals better, amongst other things.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 17 Money Making Candle Formations.pdf (118.7 KB)
Old 14-06-2009, 13:49
Level IV Lasers Member

Default lrathi

As I’m sure you know, each pair has its own personality.
So, to have 1 setting does not work.
I have this EA set up on several charts that I SCALP from & each is different.
I only use the 1 hr chart to determine a trend & TP points, and then look for my entry point on the 15M charts.
As for the 4Hr & 1D charts, I employ the AshFX-V2 system & put my S/L @ the swing high/low, as per the system.

What does trailing step: 1 (default) represent?
This is from the manual:
Trailing Step: Checks and modifies trailing stop loss after this number of pip
movement.
Old 14-06-2009, 14:27
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
As I’m sure you know, each pair has its own personality.
So, to have 1 setting does not work.
I have this EA set up on several charts that I SCALP from & each is different.
I only use the 1 hr chart to determine a trend & TP points, and then look for my entry point on the 15M charts.
As for the 4Hr & 1D charts, I employ the AshFX-V2 system & put my S/L @ the swing high/low, as per the system.

What does trailing step: 1 (default) represent?
This is from the manual:
Trailing Step: Checks and modifies trailing stop loss after this number of pip
movement.
Thanks for this, I am aware of different personalities (Daily range/volatility) of each currency pair. I was asking an average range per TF, like 50 pips for
H1(GBPUSD works well) , H4 250 pips average or something similar.

This was a difficult question from my side.

For the pairs you trade on M15, what trailing stops settings do you find as ideal/optimal?

Thanks again
Old 15-06-2009, 19:41
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Thanks for this, I am aware of different personalities (Daily range/volatility) of each currency pair. I was asking an average range per TF, like 50 pips for
H1(GBPUSD works well) , H4 250 pips average or something similar.

This was a difficult question from my side.

For the pairs you trade on M15, what trailing stops settings do you find as ideal/optimal?

Thanks again
On pairs such as G/U & E/U, depending on the day, S/L 20 to 50.
On the G/J, 50 to 100.:eek:
Hope that helps
Old 17-06-2009, 06:31
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
On pairs such as G/U & E/U, depending on the day, S/L 20 to 50.
On the G/J, 50 to 100.:eek:
Hope that helps
Thanks all help. I am not experienced in using pip value trailing stops so far in my trading journey...

I keep reading others work. I use trailing stops manually from one swing high/low or a strong fib cluster of S/R.

If I were to use any of the three trade management EA freely available,(Your being one of them) I would not know where to start.

Before I get asked what are the other two trade management EA's please use FF search to find them or Swingman's thread on FF(Both are mentioned there H1Scalper System (MTF D1,H1,M5) - Forex Factory).

Thanks again for your help
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Another indicator

Hey Ash,
I have been followin this method for a wyl and i would just like to suggest this. The ADX indicator is really cool in knowing the strength of a particular trend. I added it to this system with the following parameters
Period: 14
Applied to close

Could u please look into this and let me know if it could still be fine tuned?
Old 04-08-2009, 13:19
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Hey Ash,
I have been followin this method for a wyl and i would just like to suggest this. The ADX indicator is really cool in knowing the strength of a particular trend. I added it to this system with the following parameters
Period: 14
Applied to close

Could u please look into this and let me know if it could still be fine tuned?
Hey Bluechip,

If you could give us some examples on this thread that would be cool.

Thanks.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:37
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thanks for all the alternative methods, & indicators that you guys have posted. I will be testing a few of these out over the coming weeks. Cheers
Old 15-08-2009, 16:28
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default ADX

Quote:
Hey Bluechip,

Thanks.
Sorry this reply took so long.

If u look at the chart below, observe the d candles between the yellow lines. I made 250 pips from monday to wednesday.
I stayed that long on the trade cos ADX crossed over, red(sell) over Green(buy). And the other line (light sea green), which is actually the one that indicates the strenght of a particular trend, was above the 25 level. It eventually crossed over the 40 level, which indicates a really strong trend.
Attached Thumbnails
AshFX V2 - With complimentary techniques-chart.gif  
Old 15-08-2009, 16:34
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default ADX

Quote:
Hey Bluechip,

Thanks.
Sorry this reply took so long.

If u look at the chart below, observe the d candles between the yellow lines. I made 250 pips from monday to wednesday.
I stayed that long on the trade cos ADX crossed over, red(sell) over Green(buy). And the other line (light sea green), which is actually the one that indicates the strenght of a particular trend, was above the 25 level. It eventually crossed over the 40 level, which indicates a really strong trend.