Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Systems

The AshFX System - Version II

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2009, 08:04
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Things i'd like to point out

Warning:This post is long! After 3 days,I have just finished reading through this forum and would like to note these: 1.Ash is a genius in this business.after going through my personal backtests from 2005 till date(on an alpari uk platform),i can categorically say that this system works 85% of the times.now for this guy to give this knowledge out for free,for whatever reason,goes to show the kind of human being he is.some other lesser probability systems have sold for as high as $299!!(surefire trading challenge systems).if we all type a 100 page email of only 'thank you' and send to this guy it is not enough appreciation.the only thing i can say is may God keep blessing you with more knowledge and always keep you in good health,so that you can continue the good work you are doing.finally,i would want to let you know that i will one day,shake your hands! .2.at some point in this thread,there was a break away.this was when the issue of adding more tools to the system came up.well,frankly speaking,the whole stuff got so confusing at one point! Thanks to the wisdom of ash,he got another thread for them(wonder why the thread is still at 5 pages?!).what am not happy at,is the way more experienced traders(irathi,etc),stopped posting on this thread.i understand they now have an 'Advanced traders thread' but that doesnt stop them from coming in here and commenting on the trades generated by ashfxv2.that way,we all get to learn much more from them. 3.i read somewhere that there is another thread for special signals.now i want to know,are the signals based on ashfxv2 or another of ash's systems?anyway whether they are based on another system or not,i would definitely want to be involved in them(signals)also because,one needs to always be on the winning side,so the more winning trades the better!. 4.About our exit strategy here,i worked out something from my backtests which i hope to be using(infact, i used it on my usdjpy trade on friday). Once i get a signal from ashfxv2,i calculate the daily chart pips range of the pair(51 for usdjpy),then i place my trades with two lots.using the usdjpy example,i will place my first TP at 51 and second one at 102 this way,i made 153pips from a move of less than 110pips(on the usdjpy from friday).i need advice on this,though on backtests,its very nice! Thanks for reading this far everyone.MORE PIPS TO US ALL!!
Old 02-09-2009, 08:19
Level 1 Lasers Member

And please Ash,dont miss the daily round up! We all need it!
Old 02-09-2009, 13:09
Level 1 Lasers Member

I got 3 pairs in good formation:

GB/CH

EU/GB

US/CH

Anyone can confirm?
Old 02-09-2009, 15:16
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsugums View Post

GB/CH

EU/GB

US/CH

Anyone can confirm?
Alpari UK demo, I have the first two looking good and a mixed position, so no potential setup on the third.

:)
Old 02-09-2009, 15:46
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsugums View Post

GB/CH

EU/GB

US/CH

Anyone can confirm?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHopwood View Post
Alpari UK demo, I have the first two looking good and a mixed position, so no potential setup on the third.

The US/CH was last nights signal (Alpari screen)...maybe due to a few pips diff on your broker signal not hitting the PSAR on your screen yesterday but hit it today.. I would leave that trade alone anyway, stochs are flat and there is a bit of an H1/H4 down trend on the ADX.
Moondog
Old 02-09-2009, 22:06
Level III Lasers Member

Default USD/JPY

Thanks Ash,

You're the man there is no doubt

Closed my US/JPY trade tonight for a total of around 110 pips as Non Farms coming up and it was coming close to a support so decided to take profits

Thanks a million Ash

Paul B
Old 02-09-2009, 22:08
Super Moderator

Default AshFX V2 Daily Update : 02 Sept 09

Today there are two setups:

- Sell EUR/GBP
- Buy GBP/CHF

I wouldn't however advise taking either of them. Let me explain why.

Firstly, EUR/GBP short. Take a look at its screenshot, you'll see that price has been very rangy since it's been bouncing off the same 23.6 Fib line on a number of occassions over the past few days. This is not really a good sign, and on that basis I don't feel comfortable entering.

Secondly, GBP/CHF long. The fact that it's upper wick is longer than the actual body is enough of a reason not to enter, since this long upper wick is a bearish attribute.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-eurgbp.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-gbpchf.gif  
Old 02-09-2009, 22:10
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffer View Post
Thanks Ash,

You're the man there is no doubt

Closed my US/JPY trade tonight for a total of around 110 pips as Non Farms coming up and it was coming close to a support so decided to take profits

Thanks a million Ash

Paul B
Heh, better than me. Well done.
Old 02-09-2009, 22:33
Level IV Lasers Member

Is it just me, or has NFP been a bit of a none-event for several months?

Ok, so the markets go quiet for a couple of days leading up to NFP, but the actual release has been a damp squib for as long as I can remember.

Old 02-09-2009, 22:39
Level II Lasers Member

Ash, I see you didn't recommend the audusd short signal, but just curious if you are still holding your short on that pair from 2 weeks ago?
Thanks.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chills View Post
Ash, I see you didn't recommend the audusd short signal, but just curious if you are still holding your short on that pair from 2 weeks ago?
Thanks.
Yeah of course. I'm hoping the resistance will hold and get out on the first day I'm in profit.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:41
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFX View Post
Yeah of course. I'm hoping the resistance will hold and get out on the first day I'm in profit.

its ok ash
Old 03-09-2009, 06:10
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Heh, better than me. Well done.
Huh,

i could surely not have done better than you Ash, i followed the rules, what happened man.??????

Anyway thanks for what you do on this site for all us guys

Paul B
Old 03-09-2009, 08:02
Level IV Lasers Member

Default My new trading robot

My new robot appears to be up-and-running happily. I have put it into a separate thread so that discussion does not clutter up this thread. Find it at
http://forexmoments.com/forums/syste....html#post4575

Old 03-09-2009, 11:37
Super Moderator

Quote:
Huh,

i could surely not have done better than you Ash, i followed the rules, what happened man.??????

Anyway thanks for what you do on this site for all us guys

Paul B
I didn't like the long lower wick a couple of days ago.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:46
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Today there are two setups:

- Sell EUR/GBP
- Buy GBP/CHF

I wouldn't however advise taking either of them. Let me explain why.

Firstly, EUR/GBP short. Take a look at its screenshot, you'll see that price has been very rangy since it's been bouncing off the same 23.6 Fib line on a number of occassions over the past few days. This is not really a good sign, and on that basis I don't feel comfortable entering.

Secondly, GBP/CHF long. The fact that it's upper wick is longer than the actual body is enough of a reason not to enter, since this long upper wick is a bearish attribute.
Lucky I didn't read this post!! I entered both of them and am in nice profit.
Old 03-09-2009, 16:19
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
I didn't like the long lower wick a couple of days ago.
Ok, but by then i and you would have been in profit and banked 50% and had your S Loss at breakeven
I think my profit that day was 20 pips but at least it was a free trade by then so i just let it run

Paul B
Old 03-09-2009, 16:33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Ok, but by then i and you would have been in profit and banked 50% and had your S Loss at breakeven
I think my profit that day was 20 pips but at least it was a free trade by then so i just let it run

Paul B
Yeah, if you look back at many trades, i.e. visually backtesting it, if you let it run until the AO reverses, you often bank hundreds of pips.
Old 03-09-2009, 16:45
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geppyme View Post
Lucky I didn't read this post!! I entered both of them and am in nice profit.
Shows what I know huh.

As I've said many times, please don't rely upon me.

Educating yourself is vital in this game.
Old 03-09-2009, 20:55
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Shows what I know huh.

As I've said many times, please don't rely upon me.

Educating yourself is vital in this game.
Hey Ash, some you call right, some ya don't, its all part of the game, better to be out of a bad trade than in one i say

Your still the best

Paul B
Old 03-09-2009, 20:59
Super Moderator

Default AshFX V2 Daily Update : 03 Sept 09

Today there is a long setup on GBP/USD.

However, the upper wick is very long, indicating some bearish strength.

Enter at your own risk.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbp_usd.gif  
Old 03-09-2009, 21:00
Super Moderator

Quote:
Your still the best
Lol, I wish!
Old 03-09-2009, 21:07
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilosxp View Post
Warning:This post is long! After 3 days,I have just finished reading through this forum and would like to note these: 1.Ash is a genius in this business.after going through my personal backtests from 2005 till date(on an alpari uk platform),i can categorically say that this system works 85% of the times.now for this guy to give this knowledge out for free,for whatever reason,goes to show the kind of human being he is.some other lesser probability systems have sold for as high as $299!!(surefire trading challenge systems).if we all type a 100 page email of only 'thank you' and send to this guy it is not enough appreciation.the only thing i can say is may God keep blessing you with more knowledge and always keep you in good health,so that you can continue the good work you are doing.finally,i would want to let you know that i will one day,shake your hands! .2.at some point in this thread,there was a break away.this was when the issue of adding more tools to the system came up.well,frankly speaking,the whole stuff got so confusing at one point! Thanks to the wisdom of ash,he got another thread for them(wonder why the thread is still at 5 pages?!).what am not happy at,is the way more experienced traders(irathi,etc),stopped posting on this thread.i understand they now have an 'Advanced traders thread' but that doesnt stop them from coming in here and commenting on the trades generated by ashfxv2.that way,we all get to learn much more from them. 3.i read somewhere that there is another thread for special signals.now i want to know,are the signals based on ashfxv2 or another of ash's systems?anyway whether they are based on another system or not,i would definitely want to be involved in them(signals)also because,one needs to always be on the winning side,so the more winning trades the better!. 4.About our exit strategy here,i worked out something from my backtests which i hope to be using(infact, i used it on my usdjpy trade on friday). Once i get a signal from ashfxv2,i calculate the daily chart pips range of the pair(51 for usdjpy),then i place my trades with two lots.using the usdjpy example,i will place my first TP at 51 and second one at 102 this way,i made 153pips from a move of less than 110pips(on the usdjpy from friday).i need advice on this,though on backtests,its very nice! Thanks for reading this far everyone.MORE PIPS TO US ALL!!
Woaah, thanks for the compliment mate, thanks ever so much. I wish I was a genius, but let me tell you a secret in this game. As soon as you think you're a great trader, BANG an absolute horrible month of trading hits you. The market rules. The market is the only genius in this game.
Old 03-09-2009, 21:11
Level III Lasers Member

Default Some resistance too

Quote:
Lol, I wish!
Seems to be some resistance aroud 1.6400....In the advanced forum, King Pips seems to think it is due to a major short upcoming.

Thanks Ash

BTW....I took the eur/gbp & gbp/chf before I read your post from yesterday, and it has been slow, but I am up a few pips and S/L is now at breakeven....

Sometime ya win and sometimes ya don't

Ron

Last edited by rewing; 03-09-2009 at 21:52.
Old 03-09-2009, 21:29
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:

Enter at your own risk.
Hi All,

Now i am not an expert by any means but looking at the GB/US signal for tonight its a definite no no from my side, Why, well i will tell you and please dont take this as read, its just my reasons for not taking the trade

1. price has closed dead on my 55 ema that i have on my chart, good support and resistance

2. we have a 61.8% fib ahead @ 1.6388, which price has bounced off on last candle in any way

3. also we have monthly pivot at 1.6493, very strong resistance is the MP

4. so taking the stop loss is swing low at 1.6317 and our potential profit target is 1.6493 then that = a risk of 205 pips for a gain of 176
Just on that alone i would not take the trade, never mind the 61.8% fib it still has to negotiate to get to the MP

my outlook for this is in all probability it will bounce between the 61.8% fib and the week pivot & daily pivot

Plus NFP and all i have to say is no way, good luck to any who has taken it and as i say i do not want to come over as an expert

Paul B
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gb-us.gif  
Old 03-09-2009, 22:02
Level III Lasers Member

Default Effect of news

Quote:

Enter at your own risk.
Hi Ash, Does NFP or any other news affect your decision of trading or simply we can ignore it?
Old 03-09-2009, 22:33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by usama1 View Post
Hi Ash, Does NFP or any other news affect your decision of trading or simply we can ignore it?
Never ignore the NFP.
Old 03-09-2009, 22:49
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default comeback

Hi Ash,
i have not been here for a while, hoping to look in everynight to get the rusty bits working again, seems you have been busy...
Harve
Old 03-09-2009, 22:54
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default zilosxp

had a quick read of zilosxp post earlier, thankgoodness i did as it was most helpfull. Will get back into the swing soon i hope, looks like a good bunch here...
Harve
Old 04-09-2009, 01:01
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Dashboard

I've searched through several threads. Can't find template for swingman's Dashboard.Any help please?
Old 04-09-2009, 01:48
Level III Lasers Member

Default dashboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I've searched through several threads. Can't find template for swingman's Dashboard.Any help please?
hi,

heres the dashboard and a template attached

cheers al.
Attached Files
File Type: tpl ashdashboard.tpl (90.7 KB)
File Type: ex4 AshFXv2 DashBoard_v5.ex4 (28.9 KB)
Old 04-09-2009, 01:50
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Never ignore the NFP.
Watch out for Major News Releases.
If in good Profit on a Ashfx Daily Signal and news comes out the day after at 8.30am US its better to Exit, sometimes it can go in more profit but you don't know, its up to you. P.S don't be Greedy.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:45
Level II Lasers Member

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know an indicator that will show the spread on that pair (with that broker at the current time)? It would need to take into account the brokers that have the extra decimal place.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-09-2009, 11:50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pips View Post
Watch out for Major News Releases.
If in good Profit on a Ashfx Daily Signal and news comes out the day after at 8.30am US its better to Exit, sometimes it can go in more profit but you don't know, its up to you. P.S don't be Greedy.
Absolutely. If you entered GBP/USD long yesterday, then exit now!
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbp_usd_exit.gif  
Old 04-09-2009, 14:30
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Does anyone know an indicator that will show the spread on that pair (with that broker at the current time)? It would need to take into account the brokers that have the extra decimal place.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Chills

Is this any good to you?

Egwig
Attached Files
File Type: mq4 Spreads_plus_digit.mq4 (3.6 KB)
Old 04-09-2009, 19:09
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Absolutely. If you entered GBP/USD long yesterday, then exit now!
Well; I entered long gbp/usd and I'm already 65 pips in profit. I entered with the signal because the preliminary numbers for the NFP for the unemployment section yesterday were a little dissapointment.. even though the other ones were good. That created a buying in high yield currencies.. and it helped gbp/usd also. I am some sort of newbie in forex.. been only 2 years so I need some clarification. I took the trade because on the gmma that I use is showing gbp/usd as an uptrend.
Any thoughts please???
Old 05-09-2009, 05:09
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egwig View Post
Hi Chills

Is this any good to you?

Egwig
Thanks Egwig!
I've removed the bid / ask and increased the font size for the spread so it works perfectly... I hope! Will find out for sure when the market opens again. :)

Cheers and have a good weekend all.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:42
Level III Lasers Member

Default spreads

Quote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance!
hey chills,

heres a pic and file for a clock i use.
it has the spread at the bottom and how much time is left on the bar
there should be a decimal in front of the last numeral in the spread ie 5.6 not 56

cheers al.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-audjpy.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 Clock v1_2.ex4 (14.1 KB)

Last edited by AlanT58; 05-09-2009 at 11:32.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:14
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanT58 View Post
hey chills,

heres a pic and file for a clock i use.
it has the spread at the bottom and how much tme is left on the bar

cheers al.
Alan, Thanks for that clock. I'm confusd as I already have that clock but it didn't seem to give the right times. When I saw the other one you posted I tried it and thought if I just had the spread now it would be better. Anyway I will check them out again when the market opens and see what is going on! :confused:
Cheers, Cheryl
Old 05-09-2009, 13:50
Level III Lasers Member

Default clock

hey chills,

the clock works if you set your computer time to gmt.
thats the only fix i can come up with until someone works on the code, which is beyond me.

cheers al.