Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Systems

The AshFX System - Version II

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15-03-2009, 17:30
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrathi View Post
The broker link is below. ActivTrades« is located in London and regulated with the Financial Services Authority, registration number 434413. We offer direct access brokerage on all major financial markets combined with the latest and best integrated platforms/solutions for trading Futures, Options, CFDs and Forex instruments.

ActivTrades Brokers - Trading on Forex, CFDs and Futures with Metatrader

Which part of the world are you?
London. But getting the end of day candle in my early morning would be more convenient than at midnight - for domestic reasons!

Thanks for the broker link.
Old 15-03-2009, 17:56
Level II Lasers Member

Ash...

I see that in AshFXV2 you set the initial SL at the most recent swing H or swing L. In V1 - which I have only just looked at - you suggested the H or L of that day's candle which in many cases will give a significantly smaller stop. Is this change based on your experience of results with V1 or is it to do with new factors in V2?

My admittedly tiny and very unsystematic five hour manual backtesting of the latest version rarely seemed to need anything like the full swing H or L to protect it. Maybe we could use a 50% fib of the swing H or L or revert to the SL instructions for V1?

Better to spread the risk (my case 2% of account) on twice as many lots by using half the SL if we can. Although I realise of course there is a prospect of being stopped out more frequently. I wonder if you, or anyone, have any rhoughts/stats on this?

This is a most refreshing thread. Thanks Ash and everyone here.
Old 15-03-2009, 18:11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by costard View Post
Ash...

I see that in AshFXV2 you set the initial SL at the most recent swing H or swing L. In V1 - which I have only just looked at - you suggested the H or L of that day's candle which in many cases will give a significantly smaller stop. Is this change based on your experience of results with V1 or is it to do with new factors in V2?

My admittedly tiny and very unsystematic five hour manual backtesting of the latest version rarely seemed to need anything like the full swing H or L to protect it. Maybe we could use a 50% fib of the swing H or L or revert to the SL instructions for V1?

Better to spread the risk (my case 2% of account) on twice as many lots by using half the SL if we can. Although I realise of course there is a prospect of being stopped out more frequently. I wonder if you, or anyone, have any rhoughts/stats on this?

This is a most refreshing thread. Thanks Ash and everyone here.
About using the swing high/low for each trade, after rigorously testing the system, I have determined that this is the best place for a stop loss. On SOME trades, using your discretion, you may use the recent day's high/low as your SL, and this would also work. Also, contrary to what you said, this is not different to Version 1, because V1 also used the recent swing high/low for it's stops, for most of its trades (since most turned out to be "SS Trades" anyway).

I wanted to make the system easy to use, and consistent, and have found more consistency using the new methods outlined in V2.

Having said that, you are free to test out what you think will be more productive, and I'd appreciate if you could post your findings here, because of course, my system isn't perfect!
Old 15-03-2009, 18:20
Super Moderator

Default 15th March Trades

Ok guys, tonight I will be taking NO trades.

There is only one valid signal, the CAD/JPY, but it just looks like a possible ugly trade. Take a look at the attached pic.

Firstly, look at the Stochs, they were so messy/zig-zaggy prior to actually producing a signal.

Secondly, look at the candles before the current candle. Way too much ranging/choppiness there for me I'm afraid.

Thirdly, look at the current candle, it's upper wick is rather long.

These reasons combined are enough for me not to take this trade.

If anyone here is intent on taking it, I would suggest trading smaller lots than usual.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-cad_jpy.jpg  
Old 15-03-2009, 18:25
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFX View Post
About using the swing high/low for each trade, after rigorously testing the system, I have determined that this is the best place for a stop loss. On SOME trades, using your discretion, you may use the recent day's high/low as your SL, and this would also work. Also, contrary to what you said, this is not different to Version 1, because V1 also used the recent swing high/low for it's stops, for most of its trades (since most turned out to be "SS Trades" anyway).

I wanted to make the system easy to use, and consistent, and have found more consistency using the new methods outlined in V2.

Having said that, you are free to test out what you think will be more productive, and I'd appreciate if you could post your findings here, because of course, my system isn't perfect!
Understood and thanks for coming back so promptly. I'll try and do some further research and post here.
Old 15-03-2009, 19:12
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thanks ash for the new system.
I did have some success with the old system, and I am looking forward to checking this one out.:)
Old 15-03-2009, 19:51
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thank you ash

Quote:

There is only one valid signal, the CAD/JPY, but it just looks like a possible ugly trade. Take a look at the attached pic.

Firstly, look at the Stochs, they were so messy/zig-zaggy prior to actually producing a signal.

Secondly, look at the candles before the current candle. Way too much ranging/choppiness there for me I'm afraid.

If anyone here is intent on taking it, I would suggest trading smaller lots than usual.
Old 15-03-2009, 22:48
Level II Lasers Member

I hope to understand the System rules.

Please check the indicator...
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-cadjpydaily.gif  
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 AshFXv2 Signals_v1.ex4 (6.7 KB)
Old 15-03-2009, 23:13
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingMan View Post
I hope to understand the System rules.

Please check the indicator...
I was hoping someone would make an indicator. But this is not exactly correct, according to the rules. It seems that this indicator gives signals for buy even when the candle is red, and for sell even when the candle is green. Also, it gives a signal several candles after the first PSAR dot appears and we are only supposed to trade on the first PSAR dot.

There may be other problems too, but that is all that I saw. Can someone fix this indicator? It would be nice to have.

Thank you.

Mike
Old 15-03-2009, 23:36
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:

Thanks Ash for the system and your continuous support to clarify many points to a beginner like me
Old 16-03-2009, 00:11
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
...we are only supposed to trade on the first PSAR dot.
Thanks Mike! I ignored the rules with the first PSAR dot, and with the candle colors...

Here the corrected version.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-cadjpydaily2.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 AshFXv2 Signals_v1.ex4 (7.9 KB)

Last edited by SwingMan; 16-03-2009 at 00:31.
Old 16-03-2009, 00:18
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Thanks Mike! I ignored the rule with with the first PSAR dot.

Great job! This looks perfect as far as I can tell. By the way, looking at backtesting this system looks very profitable!
Old 16-03-2009, 01:07
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
See post 154 for the answer. Also read the first post with pdf manual and example. It is clearly illustrated there.
Hope this helps
Quote:
Originally Posted by benscoobert View Post
IT all needs to happen on the same candle. When the candle closes, ie midnight, you open your trade if they are all aligned at the close of the cande.
Thank you both! Only the first PSAR candle when closing. It's easier that way.

Chamane
Old 16-03-2009, 01:31
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Thanks Mike! I ignored the rules with the first PSAR dot, and with the candle colors...

Many thanks for your tremendous generosity once again SWINGMAN. Always great to see you on forums.

Can one dream of a dashboard too?
Old 16-03-2009, 02:52
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Great job! This looks perfect as far as I can tell. By the way, looking at backtesting this system looks very profitable!
SwingMan, one other thing, the arrow needs to appear only with a green candle for long and a red candle for short. Can you make this change?
Old 16-03-2009, 04:39
Level III Lasers Member

Default AshFX2 Signals

Hey Swingman:

Thanks for the indicator. Good work!:cool:
Old 16-03-2009, 06:42
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thanks swingman , in this way is more easy follow many pairs.....
Old 16-03-2009, 07:01
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to db-trader

Quote:

thank you SwingMan. This is greatly appreciated
Old 16-03-2009, 07:42
Level 1 Lasers Member

Anyway , i don't want change anything , but i am using parabolic sar color with alert ....so' more alarms
Old 16-03-2009, 09:01
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovi View Post
Anyway , i don't want change anything , but i am using parabolic sar color with alert ....so' more alarms
The nice feature of Swingman's ashfx2 signals is not only has pop up alerts but also email alert. This can be set up to sms alerts on your mobile with the right mobile service provider. This makes life easier for lower TF trading. 4h and 1h charts with a ema100 as filter is great to trade with the higher time frame trend.

Thanks again to the kindness of swingman. Great talent !
Old 16-03-2009, 12:02
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:

Its amazing I am using two(2) different platforms both of which are generating different signals.....see attached
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-cad-jpy-daily-fxlite.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-cad-jpy-daily-forex.gif  
Old 16-03-2009, 12:28
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default GPB/USD possible trade

this looks like a possible trade.......the downtrend look like it will be broken if we get a close above this level, so a possible long trade.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbp-usd-daily-forex.gif  
Old 16-03-2009, 13:25
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybeck View Post
Its amazing I am using two(2) different platforms both of which are generating different signals.....see attached
Ash mentions to use a MT4 platform without a SUNDAY candle to get the correct signals. He uses FXDD as the reference MT4 platform to get the correct signals.
Old 16-03-2009, 14:08
Super Moderator

Quote:

Hey SwingMan, it's nice to see you back.

Thanks man.
Old 16-03-2009, 14:09
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by usama1 View Post
Thanks Ash for the system and your continuous support to clarify many points to a beginner like me
Not a problem, you're welcome.
Old 16-03-2009, 14:52
Level III Lasers Member

Default AshFX2 Signals

Do I allow DLL Imports for the indicator supplied by Swingman?

And how do I set up the Send E-mail Signals? Right now its "false" Do I just replace it with true? How about my e-mail address?

Also in the input there is the Send Alert Signal which is also "false" by default. Do I need to change this?

Thanks.
Old 16-03-2009, 15:21
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
Do I allow DLL Imports for the indicator supplied by Swingman?

And how do I set up the Send E-mail Signals? Right now its "false" Do I just replace it with true? How about my e-mail address?

Also in the input there is the Send Alert Signal which is also "false" by default. Do I need to change this?

Thanks.
Go to TOOLS OPTIONS Email
click: Enable ,
In the SMTPserver : add server address, This was automatically done for me
To: add your email address
PRESS: Test
Then OK.
Hope it works
Old 16-03-2009, 16:43
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
The nice feature of Swingman's ashfx2 signals is not only has pop up alerts but also email alert. This can be set up to sms alerts on your mobile with the right mobile service provider. This makes life easier for lower TF trading. 4h and 1h charts with a ema100 as filter is great to trade with the higher time frame trend.

Thanks again to the kindness of swingman. Great talent !
Irathi, how do you use the ema100 as a filter? can you kindly share the technique?

Apologies, still a newbie.
Old 16-03-2009, 17:03
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
Irathi, how do you use the ema100 as a filter? can you kindly share the technique?

Apologies, still a newbie.
100EMA on a daily chart is considered the 20 ema on a weekly.20x5days=100.Consider the BB bands ,20ema is the middle line.

Trade in the direction of this 100ema on daily charts when the signals appear.

If the price is above the 100ema buy on the buy signals. Ignore the sell signals. AND vice versa. Bingo! you are trading with weekly (higher TF) participation. This strategy is for trending markets. I do not trade ranging markets. Many traders trade smaller TF in a ranging market.

This is my personal filter and no means to be taken as ASHFX2 rules.

My appreciation and thanks to ASHFX for this easy strategy.
Old 16-03-2009, 18:36
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Ashfx 2 signal indicator for swingman

I am so thankful for your wonderful indicator.

I have been putting on my charts. There seems to be some interference when your indicator is on the charts and I use the fib retracement and ext tool.

Once I draw a fib study on one TF and change to another TF the fib lines disappear.

I tried this on IBFX and ACTIVTRADERS Mt4 platforms. Both platforms are showing the same problem. Is this a bug that could be fixed?

Is is very important when doing fib studies on the higher Tf it stays when going to the smaller TF.
Thanks.
Old 16-03-2009, 18:47
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Once I draw a fib study on one TF and change to another TF the fib lines disappear.
OK, the indicator delete all grafic objects... I fixed this.

In the current version they are not alerts, and I work to this feature.
For you (sweet dreams...) gives a DashBoard in the next days, if the signals indicator works properly.
Old 16-03-2009, 18:47
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:

Fantastic work. Thanks SwingMan
Old 16-03-2009, 18:49
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:

hi swingman
first thank you very much for this nice add on.but when I out the indicator on daily chart it will only show the arrows !!! nothing els?
thanks again for all
:)
Old 16-03-2009, 19:06
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by forexme View Post
hi swingman
first thank you very much for this nice add on.but when I out the indicator on daily chart it will only show the arrows !!! nothing els?
thanks again for all
:)
forgive me that was amistake from my side ... it is ok now , everything is ok .
can we use this indicator for trading gold,oil,stocks?or it is only workable with currencies ? and does it work with all pairs or only the majors?
thank you again and sorry for the stupid mistake...
best regards to all:)
Old 16-03-2009, 19:23
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
OK, the indicator delete all grafic objects... I fixed this.

In the current version they are not alerts, and I work to this feature.
For you (sweet dreams...) gives a DashBoard in the next days, if the signals indicator works properly.
Thanks for the indicator, Swingman. Fantasticl.

Does your reply to Irathi above mean you have already fixed the delete problem or are you working on it? I am using the last version (from your post #173) and it clears the graphic objects.
Old 16-03-2009, 19:39
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default new

Hello everybody first of all thanks to ash for his great system i am already making some positive pips thanks to the system but im a newbie and im hoping that i can learn from you guys!! so im wondering what do you think of gpb-usd?sorry if my english sucks!

maklla
Old 16-03-2009, 19:40
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by costard View Post
Does your reply to Irathi above mean you have already fixed the delete problem or are you working on it?
The deleting is fixed, but I'm working to other unexpected problems, and can not post the new version.
Old 16-03-2009, 20:30
Level II Lasers Member

Thanks for your reply, Swingman. All understood.

Last edited by costard; 16-03-2009 at 20:31. Reason: typo
Old 16-03-2009, 20:57
Level III Lasers Member

Default gbpusd

would anybody take this trade?

look at the current candle, it's upper wick is rather long.

for me not to take this trade.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gbpusd-d1-2009.03.16.gif  

Last edited by dolphin; 16-03-2009 at 21:01.
Old 16-03-2009, 21:47
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
would anybody take this trade?

look at the current candle, it's upper wick is rather long.

for me not to take this trade.
Bear in mind I am v. new to Ash's system but here is why I wouldn't take it. 1) top wick is too long, 2) Against trend.