Home Forex Education Economic Calendar Register Search

The AshFX System - Version II

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20-04-2009, 08:14
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwave View Post
Please guys check this indicator out I found.

I put it on a 30 minute and think it may or not be a good one.

I have no instructions on but please give it a try and experiment.

Happy Trading:)
cwave

Attachment 479

Attachment 480
Do you have rules for this ? It looks a bit 'too good to be true' as it seems to perfectly pick out the highs and lows. Have you forward tested it? Does it repaint?
Old 20-04-2009, 08:20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nano_fx0 View Post
trade is going really well....:)
Indeed it is.
Old 20-04-2009, 08:31
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Do you have rules for this ? It looks a bit 'too good to be true' as it seems to perfectly pick out the highs and lows. Have you forward tested it? Does it repaint?
yeh this indi repaints its self. but good place to put stops on will be more definate after further testing.
Old 20-04-2009, 11:15
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFX View Post
Guys, I am short on AUD/USD.
great call ash. if this trade was called from your system, entry should have been friday. but today was perfect timing. why did you whait till today to enter?
Old 20-04-2009, 11:18
Level III Lasers Member

AUD/USD is moving fantastically
Old 20-04-2009, 13:01
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhook2 View Post
I think I would take a look at the 4HR chart & wait until it agrees.
That worked out great.:D
Old 20-04-2009, 13:23
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Pipcruiser7

Anyone using ASH 11 System on 4 gold chart?
Old 20-04-2009, 13:26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill77 View Post
great call ash. if this trade was called from your system, entry should have been friday. but today was perfect timing. why did you whait till today to enter?
I was actually busy last week as I mentioned earlier, so didn't have the time nor inclination to look and study charts until Sunday evening really.

And seeing as though there was a slight gap, what an excellent opportunity to enter.

Beautiful trade.
Old 20-04-2009, 15:13
Level 1 Lasers Member

seems everybody has green now...
Old 20-04-2009, 15:26
Level IV Lasers Member

Default GBP/JPY

Anyone get in on this one?

I did, I did.:eek:
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gj1.gif  
Old 20-04-2009, 18:36
Level II Lasers Member

Vanhook, I got the gbp/jpy with a simple London breakout strategy. I take the 4am - 8am (FXDD broker time) high and low and add ten pips to each side. Wait for a breakout of the ten pip buffer in the morning and make sure the 5SMA is poking into the 10 pip buffer zone to filter false breaks. Go long with a 50 pip stop and 100 pip TP (set stop to B/E and let it run after that).

The last 3 days show profitable trades. Sorry I know this is a system thread just thought i'd share! :rolleyes:

Great trade on the AUDUSD
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gpbjpy.jpg  
Old 20-04-2009, 18:43
Level IV Lasers Member

Default Anyone notice weekly stochastics ?

Thought I would mention the weekly stochastics here . AUDUSD,NSDUSD,etc.

Trading with the higher TF always produces larger pips!
Old 20-04-2009, 18:58
Level II Lasers Member

Well spotted lrathi. I take it you mean the daily and the weekly stochs match up. Very interesting!

Any thoughts on the USDCAD folks ?
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-usdcad.jpg  
Old 20-04-2009, 20:09
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default well don ya all

real traders here, am proud to be one of u.
Old 20-04-2009, 20:13
Level II Lasers Member

Default USD/CAD

Quote:
Well spotted lrathi. I take it you mean the daily and the weekly stochs match up. Very interesting!

This one I may sit out. The daily candle is over 250 pips. A bit too long for my liking, but that's not to say it could still pan out.

In good success,
dual-c
Old 20-04-2009, 20:18
Level II Lasers Member

Default USD/CAD

I just checked tomorrow's news calendar and saw that the BOC has a Rate Statement 9 am ET. If bearish news accompanies this statement, it would help confirm ASH II signal.

dual-c
Old 20-04-2009, 22:34
Level II Lasers Member

I saw that too. We've got the budget here in the UK the day after. Tempted to stay out of the market until later in the week.
Old 20-04-2009, 23:23
Super Moderator

Guys,

I am not taking any trades tonight. The two potential setups are: CADJPY and USDCAD (as seen on pics).

Both setups are too risky, because the SL is rather large. When you see looong candles like that, then generally you don't wanna enter.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-cad_jpy.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-usd_cad.gif  
Old 20-04-2009, 23:55
Super Moderator

By the way guys I have closed my AUD/USD short from last night for around 250 pips.
Old 21-04-2009, 00:07
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Guys,

I am not taking any trades tonight. The two potential setups are: CADJPY and USDCAD (as seen on pics).

Both setups are too risky, because the SL is rather large. When you see looong candles like that, then generally you don't wanna enter.
The USD/CAD is fore casted to stay the same which it will, so it has priced the buy on the currency already and it can continue over night.
When interest rates go up its good for the country, keeps inflation controlled.
When rates go lower inflation can get out of control, not good for the country. So in case if it stays the same USD will be stronger and CAD will be weaker, thus we still have a buy. I am in this trade.

Last edited by King Pips; 21-04-2009 at 00:10.
Old 21-04-2009, 00:26
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
By the way guys I have closed my AUD/USD short from last night for around 250 pips.

I have closed half and brought stop to break even.
Old 21-04-2009, 01:44
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default audusd

Close half and moved S/L to BE, hopefully it will continue on down a little while longer. Also I took the usdcad, but only with mini lot. Will watch it for a possible profit early and move my S/L to BE.
Old 21-04-2009, 02:33
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pips View Post
The USD/CAD is fore casted to stay the same which it will, so it has priced the buy on the currency already and it can continue over night.
When rates go lower inflation can get out of control, not good for the country. So in case if it stays the same USD will be stronger and CAD will be weaker, thus we still have a buy. I am in this trade.
Just be aware that fundumental traiding is a little diferent these troubled times. news has diferent meanings for now. Just look at the recent few reactions on the ausie dolar after rate cuts. you will see the aussie gained across the board. why, because inflation was not an issue but a rate cut will be a stimulous for spending which would prop up economies. So all i am saying is what people use to call half full now calling the glass half empty. one more example is, i remember nfp bad news use to move pound / yen for an example 400 pips in a hour, these days lucky if you get 20 (slightly exagerated). why, because news will have to be disasterous these days and just plain bad news is interpreted as "oh well could have been worse so its not that bad after all", if you know what i mean. the old days i use to get burned on G/J 200 pip spikes on a 15 minute candle then to find out on breaking news,that Iran president (want evan try to spell or pronounce his name) just farted it was that ridiculous. once the world crisis settles things will make more sence. cheers
Old 21-04-2009, 04:52
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipcruiser7 View Post
Anyone using ASH 11 System on 4 gold chart?
No reason why you cannot use ASHFXv2 on GOLD or any market.

In a previous post of mine I have indicated a MT4 broker with more markets than just currencies. Re-read the post and I suggest find out the broker and do your own research and make up your own mind.DEMO trade with ashfxv2 indicators.

Many strategies come from traders who originally traded stocks and commodities.
Old 21-04-2009, 05:06
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Vanhook, I got the gbp/jpy with a simple London breakout strategy. I take the 4am - 8am (FXDD broker time) high and low and add ten pips to each side. Wait for a breakout of the ten pip buffer in the morning and make sure the 5SMA is poking into the 10 pip buffer zone to filter false breaks. Go long with a 50 pip stop and 100 pip TP (set stop to B/E and let it run after that).

The last 3 days show profitable trades. Sorry I know this is a system thread just thought i'd share! :rolleyes:

Great trade on the AUDUSD
Thanks for sharing your breakout strategy on this thread even though it is a "THREAD for a system".

1. Please add the ashfxv2 signals (arrows) with the breakout boxes and re-send the image. I am interested to see how useful these signals are in CONJUNCTION with well know stragtegies like LONDON BREAKOUT system.
(There is a commercial LONDON RUSH HOUR on the market which is based on LONDON breakouts of the GBP pairs)

2. Are the boxes drawn with an indicator or do you draw the boxes in? If there is a indicator, is it possible to share this indicator on this thread.

3. There are many a trader who do use 1h TF to trade even though AshFx v2 is originally designed for 4h and daily TF.

Look forward to my above requests.
Old 21-04-2009, 05:17
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:

Rasko.... I know you have joined this thread recently. However, I am aware many traders are reading and re-reading my posts and even Copy and Paste into WORD documents for later reference.

My mention of weekly stochastics is not just"WELL SPOTTED". This is the way I trade. I posted the post with the intention of confirming my earlier posts of trading with the higher TF as a filter. These trades are happening in REALTIME with my filter, so I mentioned it.

It appears to me that maybe you have either:
a) not read my previous posts
b) read them and not realised the importance of trading with the higher TF
c) you do not look at the higher TF for your price analysis regularly.

I strongly suggest that incorporate analysis of higher TF PRICE analysis (S&R)
and enter on the lower TF. You will know the direction of trend and make more pips confidently.

I look at weekly charts at the end of each week and ready to enter on DAILY CHARTS.

Your questions about the USDCAD is easily answered by one look at price action on the weekly.(Will make another post on USDCAD)
Old 21-04-2009, 06:20
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwave View Post
Please guys check this indicator out I found.

I put it on a 30 minute and think it may or not be a good one.

I have no instructions on but please give it a try and experiment.

Happy Trading:)
cwave

Attachment 479

Attachment 480
There are a number of these indicators for MT4 that look great but do repaint.

Attached are a few more:

Another one you may come across but do not have the indicator on my computer is called SWEETSPOT.
Old 21-04-2009, 06:54
Level IV Lasers Member

Default USDCAD TOP DOWN APPROACH

Weekly looks down with a current retracement.(Stoch turned Up at 38% fib)

Daily looks very sideways. Looks to break a trendline.(daily stoch UP with more movement UP)

With weekly stoch turned up, likely to see some Up movement on daily .

Another confirmation:

Look at DOLLAR INDEX chart. One of my previous posts(please look up yourself) give a the name of an MT4 broker who has this data feed. Analyse dollar index and see what it is doing.

I think all Forex traders should routinely be looking at the dollar index chart.

There are too many other good clear setups currently for me to trade usdcad at the moment
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-usdcad-weekly.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-usdcad-daily.gif  
Old 21-04-2009, 10:44
Level II Lasers Member

Lrathi, I sense you're getting a bit impatient with me and others who aren't 'pulling their weight' in here. Please bear in mind I am completely new to this. I've been trading on demo for literally a couple of weeks (which is probably evident from my amateurish posts). I'm sure you appreciate what its like to be new to something and be bombarded with so many different strategies, indicators and so on. And the information (some good, some BS i'm sure), can be quite disparate in long threads here and elsewhere. It can be quite hard to filter out the good stuff and compartmentalise it. But rest assured I have read and re-read posts by yourself, Ash and King Pips (and others). 'Well spotted' wasn't meant to sound condescending, rather I meant 'Thanks for pointing that out'.

Here's a chart with the ASHFX signals. I don't think it has much predictive power with this strategy. As you can see today didnt look like a good day to trade this strategy. The indicator is also attached, modify the times you take the highs and lows along with SL/TP at your discretion! I think this indicator was originally posted on FF.
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-gpbjpy2.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: ex4 BreakOut_PANCA_EAGLE__indicator.ex4 (6.6 KB)
Old 21-04-2009, 10:50
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
KP. The way I understood it was that it was the interest rate differential between the two countries which mattered. So if the interest rate is higher in Canada by 2% compared to the US (for example), investors in the US will tend to invest in Canada to take advantage of the higher return (creating a demand for Canadian dollars), and the US dollar can be expected to depreciate against the CAD by a corresponding amount. Of course inflation comes into it too. Uncertainty about future inflation will mean long term investors will look for a higher return on their investment. For sure, all else being equal, lower interest rates will tend to stoke inflation.
Old 21-04-2009, 11:43
Level III Lasers Member

I got 100 pips on the GBP/JPY trade.....Thanks Guys

Last edited by rewing; 21-04-2009 at 11:51. Reason: spelling
Old 21-04-2009, 13:48
Level IV Lasers Member

Rasko....

Thanks for the image with Ashfxv2 arrows of 1h LONDON breakout strategy which you kindly shared. I have seen the PANCA Eagle indicator but not used it.

Your response fills me in a bit from where you are coming from. I appreciate this and helps with understanding.

It seems you are are not entirely new to forex trading as you have been trying other strategies. YOu are only new to Ashfxv2 strategy.

'Well spotted' wasn't meant to sound condescending, rather I meant 'Thanks for pointing that out'. When people express what they mean in the first place, others including myself will naturally respond the way I did. Glad this is cleared up.

I do understand the journey you and several new traders are going through. My intention is not to answer questions from adults without feeling they are making the effort to learn independantly. I use the approach "teach to fish rather than give the fish".

My personal opinion is that many new traders try to learn how to trade from forums without some basic formal education initially in forex or for that matter trading in general. To me this is a BRAVE approach and the LONG ROAD. This is why they feel overwhelmed when reading these long threads and forums.

These days there are beginners courses for a very small investment . Many forex brokers give this basic education free on their websites without even having an account with them.

There is even an interactive CD of three different levels with tests and explaining each indicator and even trading strategies on the market for a small investment.

It is evident when beginners have no/little basic education and come to these forums. This is evident when they are not using S&R, drawing trendlines, do not know what the higher TF is doing and then trying several new strategies and doggle between them without really mastering any one strategy.

When I sense this is going on, this is when I do get a bit .......(call it what you want).

Many are pulling their weight on this forum, but when they post analysis or questions without basic S&R, looking at higherTF or drawing Trendlines, just base they questions on the ASHFXv2 arrows, I feel this is not trying to learn rather wanting others to spoonfeed them. Some do not even post images and expect answers from others????

Apologise if I come across impatient. I think expectations are different.

I am happy to help newbies when I feel they are trying to help themselves too!

Last edited by lrathi; 21-04-2009 at 13:52.
Old 21-04-2009, 18:21
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Made 90 pips on USD/CAD Buy trade.
Old 21-04-2009, 21:30
Level 1 Lasers Member

Boy, did I luck out here. Being brand new to the method, I took the USD/CAD trade a day early, essentially as soon as the PSAR dot appeared on the new candle. Fortunately it worked out. I took profit on half the position at 221 pips. The other half is still open, and I will probably move the SL up quite a ways given we have a shooting star candlestick today. I guess I'll chalk that trade up to beginner's luck. I hope to follow the rules a bit more carefully from here on out.

By the way, thanks for the system, Ash.

Aragorn

Quote:
Guys,

Old 21-04-2009, 22:07
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
It seems you are are not entirely new to forex trading as you have been trying other strategies. YOu are only new to Ashfxv2 strategy.
No no, i'm completely new to all this. I literally started demo trading at the start of the month. And I won't be trading live if I can't earn more than 20% by the end of the year. I'm already up about 20% this month so i'm off to a good start. This is mainly a research thing for me. I'm an economics student and I want to see first hand if it's possible to 'beat the market' without taking on above average risk; there's no shortage of people who claim to be able to and folks who will lap it up with the promise of being a millionaire overnight (FAP Turbo i'm looking at you).

Quote:
These days there are beginners courses for a very small investment . Many forex brokers give this basic education free on their websites without even having an account with them.
I learnt the 'basics' from the Informed Trades website which is quite a good resource for us newbies, I think. It's pretty hard to seperate the good information from the junk. Would I really want to trust the education/strategies from a broker though? Aren't they the guys who are trying to screw me? ;) FWIW I read through the education modules CMC markets sent me and they were very basic to say the least ("sell when Stochs are overbought and buy when oversold"). I'll stick to the basics for now. I think newbies like me are naturally drawn to indicators because they appear to make life easier (when A, B & C line up, take the trade!). But i'm quickly learning that its the major S&R levels, trendlines, higher time frames & fibs that seem to work best.

OK - enough digression from the thread - back to ASH FX signals :eek:
Old 21-04-2009, 23:28
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
Boy, did I luck out here. Being brand new to the method, I took the USD/CAD trade a day early, essentially as soon as the PSAR dot appeared on the new candle. Fortunately it worked out. I took profit on half the position at 221 pips. The other half is still open, and I will probably move the SL up quite a ways given we have a shooting star candlestick today. I guess I'll chalk that trade up to beginner's luck. I hope to follow the rules a bit more carefully from here on out.

By the way, thanks for the system, Ash.

Aragorn
You happened to get lucky and hit a interest rate decrease in the Canadian dollar.
Old 22-04-2009, 01:26
Level III Lasers Member

Default CHF Daily

Im waiting for an Ash Daily Signal, by the way I was reading about divergences: they are used as posible sign of trend reversal or trend continuation. Looking some charts I found this one: hidden bullish divergence. If I understood what I read, at the close of todays candle it could be an Ash Daily Signal. I would like comments from all active members of this fantastic forum!
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-chfjpy-daily.gif   The AshFX System - Version II-chfjpy-ash-daily.gif  

Last edited by dolphin; 22-04-2009 at 01:30.
Old 22-04-2009, 02:04
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin View Post
Im waiting for an Ash Daily Signal, by the way I was reading about divergences: they are used as posible sign of trend reversal or trend continuation. Looking some charts I found this one: hidden bullish divergence. If I understood what I read, at the close of todays candle it could be an Ash Daily Signal. I would like comments from all active members of this fantastic forum!
hi dolphin, the par sar looks long way away so evan though it will be posible the sar will get hit, i much dought it. evan if it does, the candle will have to be masive to take it out. if that would be the case i have a problem with it,
A) stop would be to far
B) could have a big retrace where my heart would be in my mouth

and as for divergence, its a great warning indication, but treat it only as that and do not depend on it it not always comes true see below attached how many times i got divergence and not worked out. so relying on divergance alone with out any other confirmation is dangerous. and i am not sugesting you are as you did state that you are whaiting for ash's signal.
Old 22-04-2009, 02:12
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
hi dolphin, the par sar looks long way away so evan though it will be posible the sar will get hit, i much dought it. evan if it does, the candle will have to be masive to take it out. if that would be the case i have a problem with it,
A) stop would be to far
B) could have a big retrace where my heart would be in my mouth

and as for divergence, its a great warning indication, but treat it only as that and do not depend on it it not always comes true see below attached how many times i got divergence and not worked out. so relying on divergance alone with out any other confirmation is dangerous. and i am not sugesting you are as you did state that you are whaiting for ash's signal.
sory chart did not atach, here it is....cheers
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-chf-jpy-daily.gif  
Old 22-04-2009, 03:13
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
sory chart did not atach, here it is....cheers

Bill CCI div. I trade it on all TF I am 75% win ratio have been trading this for years. The one in your charts I do not use. CCI is a powerful indicator, if you check my past posts there is another way to trade it, I use both.