Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com


Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Discussion


EUR/CHF

Forex Discussion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 17-12-2009, 19:58
Level II Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 33
Default EUR/CHF

This pair is very close to 1.5000 today. Could be a good gamble here to buy since the Swiss bank (SNB) has been known for it's interventions around this area. They don't like the Franc strengthening against the Euro. I'm going to give a shot and go long at 1.5015, risking 4%, going for 80-90 pips and my stop loss the same distance. We'll see if SNB becomes SOB... lol

Cheers!
dual-c
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 18-12-2009, 02:01
Level II Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 33
Default Down but not out yet... lol

alright, so with a combination of the holidays upon us meaning thinner liquidity and higher volatility, big fund managers taking their profits off the table before year end, Greece being downgraded in credit rating, amongst other reasons as well, this pair shot thru the 1.5000 support. As I type it's around 1.4950. I know SNB does not like this, but how long and low will they let this pair go? Maybe Swiss traders need their profits too which means they need their swiss dollars in their pockets, not into Euros. This may end up being a loser for me, it was a shot I felt worth trying for. It's going on 10 pm NY time right now. In 2 hours, it's possible to see SNB jump in since it's coming to the weekend. If they don't intervene tonight/overnight, then my hunch is this pair will stop me out and drop further. I'll keep you posted.

dual-c
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 15-01-2010, 00:31
Level II Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 33
Default

Still holding my positions long with this pair since mid December. Not having fun, but hoping for SNB intervention sooner than later. In the meantime, I am working on making profit so I can relieve some of my dd that i have right now.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 15-01-2010, 00:35
Level 1 Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1
Default

fine ...we wait this
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 15-01-2010, 00:35
Level 1 Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks for sharing your idea
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 22-02-2010, 03:07
Level II Lasers Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 33
Default

still holding my drawdown on this pair from above 1.5050, but have been scaling off as I make profit. Doesn't look hopeful for the euro getting back above 1.50 for a while.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 19:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.