Home Forex Education Economic Calendar Register Search

Be Careful Trading the News

Forex Articles

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2015, 18:40

Default Be Careful Trading the News

Why trade the news?

The simple answer to that question is “To make more money!”

But in all seriousness, as we learned in the previous section, news is a very important part to the forex market because it has the potential to make it move!

When news comes out, especially important news that everyone is watching, you can almost expect to see some major movement. Your goal as a forex trader is to get on the right side of the move, but the fact that you know the market will most likely move somewhere makes it an opportunity definitely worth looking at.

Dangers of Trading the News

As with any trading strategy, there are always possible dangers that you should be aware of.

Here are some of those dangers:

Because the forex market is very volatile during important news events, many dealers widen the spread during these times. This increases trading costs and could hurt your bottom line.

You could also get “locked out” which means that your trade could be executed at the right time but may not show up in your trading station for a few minutes. This is bad for you because you won’t be able to make any adjustments if the trade moves against you!

Imagine thinking you didn’t get triggered, so you try to enter at market… then you realize that your original ordered got triggered! You’d be risking twice as much now!

You could also experience SLIPPAGE.

Slippage occurs when you wish to enter the market at a certain price, but due to the extreme volatility during these events, you actually get filled at a far different price.

Big market moves made by news events often don’t move in one direction. Often times the market may start off flying in one direction, only to be whipsawed back in the other direction. Trying to find the right direction can sometimes be a headache!

Profitable as it may be, trading the news isn’t as easy as beating Pipcrawler at Call of Duty. It will take tons of practice, practice and you guessed it… more practice!

Most importantly, you must ALWAYS have a plan in place. In the following lessons, we’ll give you some tips on how to trade news reports.
Old 25-04-2015, 03:52
Level III Lasers Member

Default Re: Be Careful Trading the News

yeah. we are difficult control our order with news. news is difficult to analysis with me. i usually lose when market has news. it's moving fast in that time. now i usually advoid trade with news.
Old 29-04-2015, 08:34
Level 1 Lasers Member

I agree that trading the news is not an easy task as it is neither technical or fundamental analysis. But once you learn how to operate using this strategy, it can be very useful and profitable.
Old 29-04-2015, 13:15
Level III Lasers Member

News has very initial impact on the market and some times, if we interpret this news wrongly then a trader might loose, its very important to predict the impact of news.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:45
Level IV Lasers Member

From my first day of trading, I wanted to become a professional trader. Because, I do believe, according to my trading experience that, it is not achievable to make profit consistency without being specialized in this stage. So, I select to trade with GCI where, it is possible to be a successful trader very rapidly due to having huge exclusive educational facilities for becoming a professional or knowledgeable trader.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:09
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic84 View Post
News has very initial impact on the market and some times, if we interpret this news wrongly then a trader might loose, its very important to predict the impact of news.
we can predict news but we will pay expensive. market move fastly. we should be get it and analysis news. we need carefull and analysis news.
Old 09-05-2015, 17:27
Level IV Lasers Member

Its very important to understand the art of predicting a news, news can have different level of impact on the market and to analyse it requires experience.
Old 12-05-2015, 18:09
Level IV Lasers Member

Usually, It is by and large believed that no one has the ability to estimate the real movement of market with incontestably. So we easily consider Forex as a very complicated business. Otherwise, many statistics prove that almost maximum traders’ are failed in Forex because of its uncertain movement. But, in my trading life is totally risk free in GCI Financial . This trading platform always ensures best trading security at any transactions. And it never cut any hidden or extra commission.