Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > METATRADER FORUM > Expert Advisors / Robots

Current On/Off Switches

Expert Advisors / Robots

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-02-2009, 14:02
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Current On/Off Switches

Currently switched off (because of losses or large running drawdowns)

- Robominer
- Steinitz Hedge and Trend systems
- FX Bandit
- Fap Turbo
- FXGTC eurgbp Xtreme
- Piptronic
- Pipzu
- Excalibur
- Boomerang
- 10 Pips Pro
- AutoTradingSolution
- Forex concepts

Currently switched on (and producing profits)

- thunder4wd (eurgbp)
- Eazegor (gbpjpy)
- winalot (usdcad)
- winalot (gbpusd)
Old 04-02-2009, 15:29
Super Moderator

Wow, you do test a lot of EAs hey.

Will look forward to your future testing/results.
Old 05-02-2009, 14:45
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default low tolerance for losses

Some would say reckless - have certainly spent more on EAs than I have ever put up as trading capital, which is probably the wrong way round

Have adopted the old trading motto, cut your losses and let your profits run - keep adding EAs which look promising and cutting ones which are losing. Quite prepared to concede that I may not have given them their chance to shine.

Strangely, the the best have ended up being some of the cheapest.

Thanks for the forum - always room for one more!
Old 05-02-2009, 23:39
Level 1 Lasers Member

thumbs up for the info on those eas.

hope you find one REALLY profitable!

which one is your best so far??
Old 06-02-2009, 08:52
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default most profitable and biggest scam

biggest scam has to be autotradingsolutions, which I found was just a compiled version of the free makegrid193

most profitable so far is the winalot program, which is cloned from the trading pattern of one of the EA Championship winners. The gbpusd version banked me £95 this morning before I'd brushed my teeth (0.1 lotsize)

Got it from ebay from a seller called 123dollyw

second best is thunder4wd available from _rdb on the forex-tsd forum

funny thing is all of the most-hyped best-marketed EAs have been outperformed by the cheapest EAs in my portfolio!

Last edited by saucebook; 06-02-2009 at 13:09.
Old 12-02-2009, 16:00
Level 1 Lasers Member

sounds very good saucebook but how long have you been testing them?and how many pips have they producd you so far?
i am testing now the EA called Auto-Scalper it works on the pair euro-usd and brought me around 600 pips in 10 days (so until now it works good) you can download it for free too just search for it in the net
Old 13-02-2009, 07:10
Level 1 Lasers Member

sauce,
I looked at the guy at ebay who is selling the winalot system.
He sells two systems. One costs 40GBP for a month or a total of 500GBP and for the other he charges 20GBP monthly or a total of 160GBP.
Do you think its worth that huge amount of money?
Old 13-02-2009, 14:03
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hi Pete - I thought it was worth risking the £40 and £20 to try them out. I agree that the full price is too much for a system you haven't tested. Very pleased with both of them though. The £20 one takes a directional trade once a day on gbp/usd and has been right more often than wrong, the other takes longer lasting trades on gbpjpy and I have tended to close it down early at weekends, so as not to risk a gap against. Sometimes I've been right to close out and sometimes not, but overall its been a winner.

Will try to get back on just how many pips - can't get to my VPS from work. Also fairly sure I tested autoscalper and canned it because it didn't give immediate gains of the sort you mention. One more on test at the moment which is pipsleader, doing what they describe as baskets but what look to me like grid trading - so far cautiously optimistic. My testing timeframes tend to be measured in days rather than weeks. I always test live, so even on minimum lotsize I can't afford to wait around for them to show their stuff.
Old 13-02-2009, 17:07
Level 1 Lasers Member

Sauce,
what is Eazegor? I've seen it also beside winalot at the vendor's page at ebay ans also a sytem called triplemac.
I saw that you are using also thunder4wd, what's that?
pete
Old 14-02-2009, 08:08
Level 1 Lasers Member

Eazegor is an EA that (like Winalot) is built from reverse engineering the trades of one of the EA championship robots (in this case the one by Gorez). It has long-lasting positional trades on GBPJPY which so far have done very well for me. I'm a natural scalper with little patience, so my only problems have been second-guessing the EA, closing out early etc. Have never seen triple mac, so thanks for the tip - I'm a big fan of this guy's EAs and have had great support from him. Thunder4wd is a semi-commercial offering by the guy who wrote your_lucky and distributed it free on the forex_tsd board. I say semi-pro because you're only likely to get the latest version if you've sent a donation for the your_lucky EA. Turned that off pro tem, but my losses were because of using it on timeslots and currencies other than those specified by the maker.
Old 14-02-2009, 09:18
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete14 View Post
Sauce,
what is Eazegor? I've seen it also beside winalot at the vendor's page at ebay ans also a sytem called triplemac.
I saw that you are using also thunder4wd, what's that?
pete
Hi,

This my first post on this forum.

I'm actually the author of Winalot, EAzeGor and Triple Mac and I'm happy to answer any questions about them. Unfortunately Triple Mac isn't for sale though.
Old 14-02-2009, 13:56
Level 1 Lasers Member

jezzer,
I sent you a pm. take a look
pete
Old 23-02-2009, 19:52
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default EA profit?

So, as the author of these fantastic EAs which one should a beginner use
with $2000USD account and targets 1%-2% per day while trading Mon-Thursday?
And further what pairs works best with the respective EA's?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-FW
Old 24-02-2009, 04:19
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default winalot EA

I need your email address /telephone and the cost for this ea system
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzer1961 View Post
Hi,

This my first post on this forum.

I'm actually the author of Winalot, EAzeGor and Triple Mac and I'm happy to answer any questions about them. Unfortunately Triple Mac isn't for sale though.
Old 24-02-2009, 08:14
Level II Lasers Member

Default Forex EAs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughval View Post
I need your email address /telephone and the cost for this ea system
Hi,

I've sent both you and forexwonder a private message, rather than advertise the EA on a non-commercial public forum.
Old 03-04-2009, 20:02
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hello,

Your e.a. seems very interesting Jezzer.

Winalot and EAzegor are both based on e.a. from the metatrader championship ?

Do they have stoploss (about how many pips please) ?

Since when do you use them ?

Thank you !

Nicolas.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:54
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1c0la5 View Post
Hello,

Your e.a. seems very interesting Jezzer.

Winalot and EAzegor are both based on e.a. from the metatrader championship ?

Do they have stoploss (about how many pips please) ?

Since when do you use them ?

Thank you !

Nicolas.

Hello Nicolas,

The EAs use ideas from the ATC, but the code is totally my own work and the EAs themselves are now quite detached from anything that happened in the ATC. Things have moved on from then.

Both EAs use stop-losses, but these are calculated using a complex method according to differing market conditions and are neither fixed nor trailing pips.

Although the EAs seem to have become a topic of conversation on this thread, it's not really appropriate to use this website to promote the EAs, so may I suggest that you either send me a private message or visit my Easy EA website if you require any further information?
Old 04-04-2009, 17:12
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I'm already visiting your site :)

See ya
Old 16-07-2009, 08:46
Level 1 Lasers Member

GTOs generally cannot be turned off successfully when conducting current in the range between the maximum turn-off rating and the maximum surge rating. However, properly selected fuses may protect new devices from damage due to current in this range.

GTOs are similar to SCRs in that both are four-layer devices. However, the average current rating of GTOs, due to an interdigitated construction, is appreciably lower than that for SCRs of corresponding size.
Legal Advice Forum
Old 04-08-2009, 08:39
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legal Forum View Post
GTOs generally cannot be turned off successfully when conducting current in the range between the maximum turn-off rating and the maximum surge rating. However, properly selected fuses may protect new devices from damage due to current in this range.

GTOs are similar to SCRs in that both are four-layer devices. However, the average current rating of GTOs, due to an interdigitated construction, is appreciably lower than that for SCRs of corresponding size.
Legal Advice Forum
Can some explain what this guy is on about??
Old 04-08-2009, 20:37
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giveitnowfx View Post
Can some explain what this guy is on about??
I seem to recall from somewhere in the distant past that these terms refer to transistor 'on off' switches.
Just someone being 'clever'.

Egwig