Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX BROKERS > Broker Talk

The Right Broker for you?

Broker Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26-09-2011, 13:00
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default The Right Broker for you?

This is specially for all the beginners, who are often confused while choosing the right kind of broker to start their trading with. Often the association with the right kind of broker is a secret for successful trading.

Listing down few points on how to choose the right kind of broker:
1. Regulations- whether the money u r going to invest is safe or no? is the broker genuine or fake
2. Customer Support: Very Imp. Check for online chat / their assistance over the phone by calling up from a pseudo phone.
3. Withdrawals- See how much time it takes to withdraw your money. For a spot transaction it is T+2 (Transaction time + 2 Days). Make sure it takes 2 or max 3 days.
4. The Trading Platforms- utmost important because that is gonna be your window to the market place. Check out how advanced it is , & how much comfortable you are with its usage.

These were the main pointers I think are the most essential. If you think there are other imp ones pls feel free to add & help the new traders!!
Old 29-09-2011, 07:43
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Re: The Right Broker for you?

Sunny1234,

how can you miss out on the imp. factors like margins, commissions, & the initial amount for deposits???? :confused:

because these are as imp factors jus as the ones mentioned by you friend! :)
Old 29-09-2011, 07:45
Level 1 Lasers Member

also, the mode of money transfer & withdrawal!!

for Indians it can face a huge problem because of legalities and all....
Old 23-04-2012, 07:11
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hi mehraj,
thank you for reminding me about the forgotten points.
Yes off course the margins, commissions should be utmost important. for most of the brokers work on the spreads rather than the margins or commissions. so one should be careful, if you 're paying fixed/variable spreads, there shouldn't be commissions and the other way round as well.

Also, try to look for local offices i.e. operations of your broker / brokerage firm in your country as well and not in a far-fetched land! It makes things much easier & not forgetting safer.

Withdrawals, the ideal time is T+2 (T=trade executed day; 2= two working days) and make sure, you're pretty strict about the withdrawal period with your broker. Read the offer documents carefully! Good luck folks! :D
Old 21-05-2012, 12:50
Level III Lasers Member

thanks for the interesting thread !
want to add "reputation" a trader should really be well informed about the broker before to open a major account
Old 27-09-2012, 05:49
Level V Lasers Member

FBS is the right broker for me. :D
Old 03-12-2012, 09:57
Level 1 Lasers Member

best way of choosing a broker is comparison their services and facilities.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:15
Level 1 Lasers Member

another best way of choosing a right broker is go to their website and reading testimonial page or try to find their existing clients and discuss with them.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:11
Level 1 Lasers Member

does having a reputable forex regulatory body matter as well?
Old 31-01-2013, 06:34
Level 1 Lasers Member

@Optionsagent: yes while services play an important part it is definitely needed to check how well the offers and services are. But Imo, having good bonus and discounts alone should not dominate your decision.
Also, referring reviews are good, but then its more of a subjective term. Reviews are more based on profits made or losses occurred and that is surely dependent on a trader's experience , knowledge, etc.

So referrals are good, but let not that be the basis alone. Focus more on the services offered. :)
Always try a demo account first!
Old 31-01-2013, 06:53
Level 1 Lasers Member

I agree with Sunny1234.
You should look more into the services and offers than the reviews.

Also, for me till date xDirect India has been a good broker. Good spreads, support is good and a variety of platforms to choose from.

Moreover, check for the educational services that they provide. For instance my broker xDirect provides it for free. which i think is most sensible thing the brokers of international level should do. If you won't educate how will the traders trade in the right way?! So kudos to xDirect for that.

As for regulations, yes regulations play a crucial role. Just check if the regulations mentioned are authentic enough...the rest is fine. In fact when the regulations are stricter, many brokers are tied from giving better offers.

So for the regulations part as long it is authentic enough, it should do!! :cool:
Old 06-02-2013, 08:56
Level IV Lasers Member

What I need from broker are:
- Trustful and well-known
- Good spreads and rebates
- No-dealing Desk
- Fast payment, on-time and support CC or PP.
- Customer supprot.
- Platform
Old 05-04-2014, 12:37
Level V Lasers Member

A good broker will give the best for traders to make them feel comfortable and satisfied with broker. I trust Armada Markets to invest my money, i get the best trading conditions, they offer the lowest spread ever i got, besides that, i also get fast order execution, it's very comfortable for scalping.
Old 13-04-2014, 14:46
Level IV Lasers Member

My broker is 1LOTSTP and they have low spread,fast execution and good customer support.
Old 18-08-2014, 06:44
Level V Lasers Member

a good broker will give the best for traders to make them feel comfortable and satisfied with broker. I trust Armada Markets to invest my money, i get the best trading conditions, they offer the lowest spread ever i got, besides that, i also get fast order execution, it's very comfortable for scalping.
Old 21-08-2014, 14:22
Level III Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ddeeen

I' salute for Liteforex, I was remember when their server get trouble while its got maintenance. All loses trade get paid from liteforex, liteforex really responsible broker I have ever met..
Old 26-08-2014, 02:32
Level V Lasers Member

Each trader have reason why they feel satisfied with their broker, include me. I'm satisfied with Armada Markets because this broker has fast server, fast execution, and try to give the best from their traders
Old 19-01-2015, 07:58
Level V Lasers Member

I learned of the incident yesterday, As we may already know, yesterday morning there was a very sudden and massive move in Swiss Franc pairs. CHF pairs have never seen this record-high volatility.Within few moments EURCHF dropped to below 1 from an early morning solid-high above 1.20. Other CHF pairs experienced similar extreme moves seen with EURCHF.

What does it mean for traders?

Of course, it was a golden-opportunity for many traders to earn quite a lot. Clients of many brokers, however, were not able to profit from this move due to requotes and rejects. Many brokers have started to cancel Client profits with reference to various causes and contract conditions. We are very sorry to see that happening!

In my broker, Tickmill. i have a good experience. Because as always, They didnít issue a single re-quote and they Clients can keep their profits in their pockets. They are proud to report that it is business as usual at Tickmill as client trading and all other processes are going normally.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:04
Level V Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintoff View Post
Yes this was a very sad thing that happened recently and many traders suffered so much due to this. I was trading with OctaFX broker when I got to know about this but luckily this broker is financially strong so they were able to manage it and did not let traders suffer due to this issue and thatís why I feel this the right broker for me as they have always have people looking after these kind of sudden issues and always give us the best solution.
I feel comfortable trading in Tickmill. With a high level of security and maximum service makes me more comfortable trading in tickmill.
Old 14-08-2015, 07:53
Level V Lasers Member

There are so many tips to choose best broker, Firstly we check trading conditions including spreads, platforms and system which was important for us. i think the best options is find the broker who give you the lowest spread and fast execution. this really help you in long term trading and i found it in TICKMILL
Old 16-11-2015, 10:16
Level II Lasers Member

In my opinion, risk broker should meet following standards: strictly regulated bodies, reasonable spread, quick withdrawal speed, good reviews and also high efficient customer service.
Old 18-11-2015, 04:22
Level V Lasers Member

According to my own trading experience I have seen, TICKMILL is the most suitable one for newbieís. Because, this broker provides professional educational service from beginning to advance level besides, it also has flexible live trading features. So, a new trader can improve his trading skills automatically through their free but useful trading service. Now, I can do manual trading in my live account.
Old 10-12-2015, 04:18
Level V Lasers Member

We should definitely focus on having our funds safe and secure, but at the same time things must be more towards getting friendly conditions to trade, itís the obvious thing that it does not matter how much our funds are secured, but if we donít grow it then all that is useless. My security is fully up to the mark with highly qualified team of experts looking towards it at Tickmill, so I never have be to worry about that and their conditions are also excellent.
Old 22-01-2016, 12:34
Level IV Lasers Member

From my own understanding, a good broker should give the best for its clients to make them feel comfortable and satisfied with broker. I trust FreshForex to invest my money, the broker has the lowest spread, besides that, it offers a much faster order execution, it's very comfortable for scalping.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:40
Level V Lasers Member

You can find good broker on web search their you will find their ranking as well as all detail what they offer . Now mostly brokers offer low spread , low deposit accounts , different types of accounts you have to choose what you need But make sure that you interest with their promotion, For me, Now I am happy to work with Tickmill they give me all what I need for trading.
Old 24-02-2016, 06:01
Level V Lasers Member

I would recommend you to experience trading on their demo account first before making any decision to open a live account. As you may know, every broker offers different type of platforms. Check on spreads, commissions, minimum deposit, term & conditions, etc.

I have been trading with TICKMILL for quite sometimes. I'm satisfied with their friendly customer support and execution so far.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:57
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chin100 View Post
My broker is 1LOTSTP and they have low spread,fast execution and good customer support.
1LOTSTP is not a broker, this company is part of a criminal organization. The only intention is stealing money from innocent customers. By they have been blacklisted by NFA and FPA Traders Court!
Old 16-03-2016, 04:50
Level V Lasers Member

we must always be careful in choosing a broker. Traders who make the mistake of choosing a broker that is not good and obtain a negative review should be avoided. I was fortunate to pick TICKMILL now because now I can get the best service to process withdrawals and deposits quickly and supported by strong server conditions. To prove it can use a demo account and do testing when there is a great news release as NFP and FOMC
Old 30-03-2016, 05:31
Level V Lasers Member

I am now very comfortable trading at TICKMILL. This broker is concerned with clients mainly with security funds so that these brokers have a transparent system of segregated accounts. In addition to the security of funds, this broker gives me benefits with low spreads and without requotes
Old 06-04-2016, 02:27
Level V Lasers Member

Lots of good broker, but the broker is not necessarily convenient for us to use trading. Convenience when trading is needed in order to maximize trading results. And I've found it, TICKMILL is my choice. as long as I get a pleasant experience while trading in TICKMILL
Old 20-04-2016, 03:32
Level V Lasers Member

You should always read reviews and browse relevant discussion fora to check the reputation of the broker you plan to trade with. Or, if you want to avoid any risk, trade only with a genuine ECN or NDD broker, such as TICKMILL
Old 27-04-2016, 02:55
Level V Lasers Member

we should be more selective in choosing a broker. because many brokers on the internet but not all brokers can we trust. For that we need to test the first broker that will be used for trading. So we will be able to trade with maximal if we had chosen the right broker. I am now very comfortable trading at TICKMILL. This broker is concerned with clients mainly with security funds so that these brokers have a transparent system of segregated accounts. In addition to the security of funds, this broker gives me benefits with low spreads and without requotes
Old 04-05-2016, 02:13
Level V Lasers Member

Yes, Selection broker to make trades is very important because it involves comfort in trading. Trader should choose the right broker. to obtain the best results traders should take advantage of trading conditions in the broker that provides comfort as well as the rules are easy to understand. I was fortunate to pick TICKMILL, These brokers let me do any trading technique without resistance
Old 24-05-2016, 06:56
Level V Lasers Member

Everyone has their own choice. trader should choose the right broker. to obtain the best results traders should take advantage of trading conditions in the broker that provides comfort as well as the rules are easy to understand. I was fortunate to pick TICKMILL, These brokers let me do any trading technique without resistance
Old 08-06-2016, 16:21
Level V Lasers Member

Election broker rather difficult relative to the number of brokers on the internet, but each trader has a choice. I choose a broker that provides low spreads as well as I acquired in TICKMILL
Old 14-07-2016, 21:16
Level III Lasers Member

When looking for a broker there are many things that you have to check. Accordion to my trading experience, first of all, I will be looking for in a broker is, if they are regulated or not. Then I will see their deposits and withdrawal system how it works. Only regulated trading broker guarantee their clientís funds with certainly.
Old 29-07-2016, 05:38
Level III Lasers Member

According to our trading experience, basically we the traders select our trading broker. When looking for in a broker, first of all you have to make sure, the broker is regulated or not. Because, only this kinds of brokers guarantee their clients funds with a wide range of trading technologies.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:08
Level IV Lasers Member

There are MANY reasons why one can fail or fails usually, but common 2 are lack of strategy and wrong broker. The reason I consider broker as a major concern is that there are MANY brokers that play with a beginner and fool him. I have suffered myself with several such brokers, especially Instaforex, so I know this well!
Old 29-08-2021, 11:14
Level V Lasers Member

I always look for a broker that I am absolutely certain is properly regulated. If they are not, I do not even bother, frankly. The risks just become too great.