The Super Simple System

Beginner Talk / Q and A

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17-03-2009, 12:13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace1 View Post
Hi Ash

I am new to forex and decided to go with the SSS. Have a little problem though.You said to change the MA method to "exponential" when setting up the charts. This seems impossible as only figures appear on the parameters box therefore i could not do the changes. Pls tell me if i missed something.
Thanks for your time.

Ace1:)
Hey Ace1, hope your FX journey turns out to be a fruitful one. Welcome on board.

As for the MA method, you'll see it in the settings panel. See pic attached.

Hope that helps.

Ash
Attached Thumbnails
The Super Simple System-ema.jpg  
Old 19-03-2009, 06:37
Level IV Lasers Member

This system is good :)

The Original Rules is very suitabel for EUR/USD with Timeframe 60 Minutes (H1)

Last edited by manus168; 19-03-2009 at 07:32.
Old 21-03-2009, 02:23
Level 1 Lasers Member

could someone post a template for this system

thx in advance
Old 21-03-2009, 15:12
Level 1 Lasers Member

Awesome . . . it's really simple.

I'm going to try this . . .
Thanks a lot.
Old 22-03-2009, 11:24
Level IV Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade2008 View Post

thx in advance
Its so easy Buddy; you just put EMA 7 By Close, EMA 14 By Close & Awesome Indicators in your Metatrader. 4 :)
Old 22-03-2009, 21:23
Level 1 Lasers Member

thanks for this system.i'm really new in forex too and i discovered this system this night.i'll tryiet from tomorrow.once again ,thanks
Old 23-03-2009, 20:32
Level 1 Lasers Member

thank u buddy
Old 23-03-2009, 22:54
Level 1 Lasers Member

I think moving averages and price action is the way forward I have tried hundreds of indicators and I always seem to come back to the basics, support and resistance, trend lines and moving averages. so keep it simple.
Old 24-03-2009, 00:35
Level III Lasers Member

Default Indicators versus price action

Hello,

It is true that price action is best way to get most of a move and best way to make money, but until one can get that learnt, indicators and moving averages can get one started in the right fashion and going forward with pips every week, I can trade price action, but not as good as with my few indicators and moving averages, so why give up something that works, just continue to use it and get better as time goes on, but at least this way I can continue to make pips and money and continue to hone my skill.
hlass
Old 24-03-2009, 01:21
Level 1 Lasers Member

Nice simple system. I like it. Thank you:)
Old 24-03-2009, 16:09
Level III Lasers Member

Default Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade2008 View Post

thx in advance
Here you go. Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: tpl ash's super simple system.tpl (1.0 KB)
Old 25-03-2009, 17:01
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFX View Post
This system is designed for traders getting their feet wet into trading FX. It's a follow on from "AshFX's Super Quick Guide to FX "

So, what is the Super Simple System (SSS)?

Well, let me tell you.

Open up any hourly chart on Metatrader. Say, Eur/Usd, on H1.

Then on the left hand side, you'll see a box called "Navigator". Click on the tab called "Indicators", and you'll see a list of different indicators. These indicators are used to help us make decisions.

So here, we want to choose, the "Awesome Oscillator" indicator. Click and drag that onto the actual chart. You'll see it come up immediately as a separate window at the bottom of your chart.

Then we want to place two "Moving Average" (MA) indicators. Moving averages are lines you'll see on the actual chart itself. So, click and drag that onto your Eur/Usd chart. You'll see a few parameters here. Click on reset (this makes everything back it's default settings). Then leave everything as it is, except change the "MA Method" to "Exponential". Click OK.

Then we want another Moving Average Indicator. So again, drag and drop it on to your chart, but this time, we want to change a few things more. Firstly change the "period" to 7. Then, change the MA method to "exponential". Finally, change the colour to something else, say yellow. (This will help us distinguish between the different MA lines).

This is what you should be seeing:

That's it. All your indicators are now set up. You're ready to begin trading!

Ok, so how do we know when to enter into a long (buy) or short (sell)?

Simple, you follow the system's rules. Following the rules of a system is imperative, it helps traders keep their discipline, and helps eliminate the two biggest emotional pitfalls in trading: greed and fear. Get too greedy and you'll lose any profits you might have made. Get too scared, and you might exit a trade for a loss, which could have ended up a profitable, had you stuck to the rules.

The SSS Rules

THE ENTRY:

1. Look for a cross of the MAs. For a buy, the yellow MA must cross above the red MA. For a sell, the yellow MA must cross past down the red MA.

2. Then, look for a green Awesome indicator for a buy. And a red Awesome indicator for a sell.

Only once both of the above conditions have been met, can we enter a trade. We are not allowed to enter if the candle is still being formed. We have to wait till the end of the hour, i.e. till the candlestick has fully closed.

THE EXIT:

Place a 30 pip Take Profit and a 30 pip Stop Loss. This means, if price moves in your favour by 30 pips, your trade will automatically end (with a profit). And likewise, if the price goes against you by 30 pips, your trade will automatically end (with a loss). If neither the TP nor the SL are hit, yet the Awesome has turned the opposite colour, then exit. Again, wait till the candle has fully closed.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

That's the rules. Feel free to test the system, and post questions, findings, results, experiences, life history, etc... on the forum.

I'll also be giving examples of trades entered/exited a little later on.

Ash

Ash this system is totally WOW!!!
I've used various time frames with the system and discovered that the 15 minute time frame works fantastic for scalping. I don't won't to over hype my success with the system; however, I am extremely happy. 12 entries...all winners! Thanks again!!!
Old 26-03-2009, 05:35
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piptrading View Post
Ash this system is totally WOW!!!
I've used various time frames with the system and discovered that the 15 minute time frame works fantastic for scalping. I don't won't to over hype my success with the system; however, I am extremely happy. 12 entries...all winners! Thanks again!!!
what pairs do you use?????

thanks.....
Old 30-03-2009, 21:54
Level III Lasers Member

Default Pairs for this method of trading

Hi everyone,

I use any and all pairs that have a setup that are under5pips spreadon fxpro o rinterbank as I do have 2 brokers and fxpro has much better spreads, but the key is to get the proper setup, so i tmight mean going to something besides euro or pound, I try to stick with these 2, but sometimes there isnt a set up, so I look elsewhere, lately I have been playing 5 and 15minute charts with this nice simple system and almost perfect results, think I have lost 3 or 4 trades in a month, so that is average of 1 per week, not bad since I do about 20trades a week, thank you very much Ash.
hlass:)
Old 30-03-2009, 23:33
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default well still going greatly

i am watching the market and with this system i know my trading would be great
Old 31-03-2009, 01:27
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlass View Post
Hi everyone,

I use any and all pairs that have a setup that are under5pips spreadon fxpro o rinterbank as I do have 2 brokers and fxpro has much better spreads, but the key is to get the proper setup, so i tmight mean going to something besides euro or pound, I try to stick with these 2, but sometimes there isnt a set up, so I look elsewhere, lately I have been playing 5 and 15minute charts with this nice simple system and almost perfect results, think I have lost 3 or 4 trades in a month, so that is average of 1 per week, not bad since I do about 20trades a week, thank you very much Ash.
well done hlass, do you use the 30pip stop and TP on the 15m or have you changed it? and also clarify please do you use it on all pairs that have no greater spread than 5? i am looking at the gbp/usd 15m chart, at a glance looks like many crossovers that would have been losses. check it out. i will test on other pairs this was the first i took a glance at and mabe i picked a bad example.
Attached Thumbnails
The Super Simple System-15-min.jpg  
Old 04-04-2009, 02:31
Level III Lasers Member

Default response

Hello,

As I said in my post, usually euro and pound, always low 1-3 spread, drawdwon is never much, but i set 25 for euro and 30 for pound and mostly 5minute charts, as they are best i think for this method.
hlass
Old 06-04-2009, 13:13
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default The Ash's SSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake View Post
what pairs do you use?????

thanks.....
My apology for this delayed response. I traded the USD/JPY pair.
Old 06-04-2009, 14:47
Level II Lasers Member

Hi, just had 2 x +30 pips on the 1H EURGPY & GBPUSD. I like the system, nice and simple. That was on the opening of the 14:00 candle on ODL.

Edit: And, just got +35 on the GBPJPY 1H, 15:00 candle. Very nice, 95 pips in 1 hour!

Last edited by Raskolnikov; 06-04-2009 at 15:09.
Old 06-04-2009, 16:25
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Thanks Ash!

I have been trading on a demo for a long time, trying all sorts of suggestions, reading all kinds of how to trade information, spending all sorts of money on training and I have failed, failed, failed with all of it because I keep doing the same dumb stuff and not following the systems correctly, or not being able to find the setups correctly and depending on my own judgement to my detriment!!! UNTIL .... your Super Simple System ... I love it! It works for me! Finally! Something my pea-brain has been able to do ...

Thank you so much... I finally see the beginning of what I have been dreaming of for a very long time ... I want to be a full time trader... at home!

Thank you, thank you, thank you... This REALLY works for someone like me, who has been so dense ... I am finally seeing the light!

My very best to you! Happy trading!!!

Joan
Old 11-04-2009, 14:52
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Can't wait to actually try this system...

Ash,

I've used MACD and MA Methods before, but nobody has been this accurate in showing how to set them up properly for me before. As stated in the title, I can't wait to trade this system for real; it's worked great on demo so far and I will be running it on live account within the next week. I'm looking forward to more great information like this in the future. My only suggestion would be to move your Limits up to 45 for a better Risk VS Reward Ratio of 1.5 instead of just 1... It has seemed to work better for me this way and is more profitable, I also would advocate locking in profits and sometimes allowing your profits to just run instead of always using a 30-45 pip Limit Order. This also may help to prevent the Broker or Dealing Desk if your Broker has one, from using slippage, time delay or improper stops because they're unsure of your motives through the trade. Again, I can't wait to try this method for real though...

Thanks,

Jim
Old 13-04-2009, 08:15
Level 1 Lasers Member

I like this system, Nice Job Ash, Thanks
Old 13-04-2009, 10:02
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thanks, I'll try this system :)
Old 14-04-2009, 11:24
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Demo Trades Today.

Ash, Thanks for your SSS. Took two trades today.GMT 0204 Sold EUR/GBP and picked up 30 pips. GMT 0800 Long USD/ CHF and pick up another 30 pips. Thanks for the good work.
Old 15-04-2009, 08:32
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default The SSS

Well, Ash, I like this to test. Definitely easier than the previous ones.
Thanks and I will keep you posted. My problem is still compulsive trading, too little patience and too much greed.... :(. So I went back to basics: away from life trading to demo account..... My ego again gets a blow. I prefer that than my life account....:rolleyes:
Best from Bern
Old 16-04-2009, 20:57
Level III Lasers Member

Default mucho pips with this system this week

Hi all,

Just a testament to a person that knows how to create a method that can be worked with many different timeframes, I have been using this now for almost 4 weeks and no less than 250pips per week using mostly 5m timeframe, this week well over 400pips due to the volatility throughout the markets, but no complaints, I will take whatever I can get with this superb method of trading, thanks again Ash.
Old 17-04-2009, 08:32
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Experience....

Well, the SSS chart setup is very pleasant to work with: simple and not overloaded anymore with all kind of indicators.
I realise it works on all time frames. I prefer the four hour/daily time frame, b'cse the potential is "bigger". the waiting is longer. So patience requiered...:).
A few remarks: I realise that when all the indicators are for a S or a B, we can still be stopped out because the S was too close to a major day/wk support level and the B to a Resistence. So we have to take that into consideration?
2) Red/green bar on AO for sale/buy do I understand well that it is irrelevant whether they are above or under 0.00 line?
Wait for other comments.
A great WE
Bern
Old 19-04-2009, 23:29
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbeach View Post
Well, the SSS chart setup is very pleasant to work with: simple and not overloaded anymore with all kind of indicators.
I realise it works on all time frames. I prefer the four hour/daily time frame, b'cse the potential is "bigger". the waiting is longer. So patience requiered...:).
A few remarks: I realise that when all the indicators are for a S or a B, we can still be stopped out because the S was too close to a major day/wk support level and the B to a Resistence. So we have to take that into consideration?
2) Red/green bar on AO for sale/buy do I understand well that it is irrelevant whether they are above or under 0.00 line?
Wait for other comments.
A great WE
Bern
Hi, just my comments FWIW.

In my opinion S&R lines should be drawn manually before you start using any system on a chart. Everyone will have their own methods but I draw them on the 4 hour chart first for the major levels then refine them on the hourly chart. Pay close attention to levels which have been used for both S&R as these are stronger. If you're well within these levels, trade away. With regards to the AO, yes I believe you're correct.

Quote:
Hi all,

Just a testament to a person that knows how to create a method that can be worked with many different timeframes, I have been using this now for almost 4 weeks and no less than 250pips per week using mostly 5m timeframe, this week well over 400pips due to the volatility throughout the markets, but no complaints, I will take whatever I can get with this superb method of trading, thanks again Ash.
hlass
Hlass, would you care to post a chart or two to help other traders using this system, along with trades you took and your SL & TP levels?

My own observation is this system works best in trending markets, and should only be used in the direction of the trend. This can easily be checked on higher timeframes if the 7 is below the 14 ema.
Old 20-04-2009, 00:51
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Hi all,

hlass, are these results from live or demo trading?
Old 20-04-2009, 02:20
Level 1 Lasers Member

thanks for this system..gave me profits last week :)
Old 20-04-2009, 09:19
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
Hi, just my comments FWIW.

In my opinion S&R lines should be drawn manually before you start using any system on a chart. Everyone will have their own methods but I draw them on the 4 hour chart first for the major levels then refine them on the hourly chart. Pay close attention to levels which have been used for both S&R as these are stronger. If you're well within these levels, trade away. With regards to the AO, yes I believe you're correct.
Thanks Raskolinov... I do this anyway placing R&S based on 4h,1day & even 1wk.
So less trades, but more potential.
Bern
Old 20-04-2009, 16:47
Level II Lasers Member

Default Thanks for the SSS & nice web site!

I'm a noob. Been wracking my brain (tend to obsessive/compulsive) 10-12 hrs./day the last 3 months. After all that I felt totally confused. Saw a post on another site about stepping back- to higher timeframes and from all nighters. The same thread (from the other site) suggested using "Ingot's Rainbow". It waits for perfect set ups across all time frames & produces 2-3 trades/month. Anywhoo, this was to complicated/slow for me but I liked the concept. I simplified the rainbow & looked for correlation across 1h, 4h, & daily. After 4 weeks of nothing but losers, instant success! I just applied the SSS to my charts & it seems to mirror what i'm using but with more accurate entry signals. Will continue to monitor, THANKS so much!!

PS:anyone heard of the "rainbow"? Any comments? Since i'm using daily as my trigger, looking for longer term trends & using SL/TP of 150/300 (demo only of course). Thanks again guys!

Last edited by 123mcmc; 20-04-2009 at 16:53.
Old 20-04-2009, 21:09
Level III Lasers Member

Default trades

For the people that want to know, yes it is real live trading, been in the forex for over 3 years now, ash' system is very easy to follow, use the 5m sometime 15m but 95% i use 5m charts, 20-30stoploss depending on the pair, mostly trade eur and pound sometimes dabble in e/j and the key to this or any system is to just wait for the break, when I see the break of the ema's and confirmation, I enter.

If someone can expalin in brief how to post my charts here I will place them here, thanks.
Old 20-04-2009, 22:44
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
For the people that want to know, yes it is real live trading, been in the forex for over 3 years now, ash' system is very easy to follow, use the 5m sometime 15m but 95% i use 5m charts, 20-30stoploss depending on the pair, mostly trade eur and pound sometimes dabble in e/j and the key to this or any system is to just wait for the break, when I see the break of the ema's and confirmation, I enter.

If someone can expalin in brief how to post my charts here I will place them here, thanks.
Hi, hlass. Thanks for replying.

It's pretty easy to post a chart.

1) Get up the chart in MT or whatever you use as normal and mark the key points with lines. Once it appears on screen as you want it press the 'Prnt Scrn' button on the keyboard. This will copy a screenshot to the clipboard.

2) Open a paint package like 'Paint' in Accessories if you're using windows.

3) Go to Edit>Paste. It should paste the entire screenshot into the program.

4) You can crop this by dragging around the relevent area with the crosshair then going to Image>crop. However its not necessary. You can then just File>Save the image. Then go to Manage Attachments below the post and attach it

Cheers ;)

Last edited by Raskolnikov; 20-04-2009 at 22:46.
Old 20-04-2009, 23:12
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:

Another way is (if you have mt4 charts)
A) right click on the chart
B) save as picture
C) active chart (as is)
D) save it on desk top

then when you post a coment on this thread, you will see a paper clip shaped icon which is a symbal to atach files and once you click that paper clip it will ask you to search for the file to atach to your post, (in this case the file or chart you saved is on your desk top) click it and then click upload.
Old 23-04-2009, 15:46
Level II Lasers Member

Hi all, hi Ash,

thanks to all for the posts and to Ash for this nice little -but still polished- system.

One question remains for me unanswered yet: After the cross, how many bars max are allowed for the AO to change - and still being a valid signal.

Any ideas??

Forex37
Old 23-04-2009, 16:19
Level II Lasers Member

Default Stops and TP - use ATR?

Hi, I normally advise not to change a system`s design. I am just not very fond of add-ons, bells and whistles overcomplicating a system and trying to get a false sense of security by additional indicators, oscillators .....

I wouldn`t add anything here as well, no rsi, cci ..... but there was the dicussion about the stops (to be wider with volatile pairs..). SO my question: Did anybody ever consider -or test- stops by atr? Or consider S/R for opening and TP?

Would it make sense?

Thanks

Forex37
Old 24-04-2009, 00:05
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill77 View Post
Another way is (if you have mt4 charts)
A) right click on the chart
B) save as picture
C) active chart (as is)
D) save it on desk top

then when you post a coment on this thread, you will see a paper clip shaped icon which is a symbal to atach files and once you click that paper clip it will ask you to search for the file to atach to your post, (in this case the file or chart you saved is on your desk top) click it and then click upload.
OK, that's much easier - thanks!
Old 27-04-2009, 00:41
Level III Lasers Member

Default GBP/JPY trade from friday usa session

Hi,

I am trying to download a trade I took friday morning on gbp/jpy made 50pips was down maybe 5 pips and then went forward for nice quick 30minute trade, only problem when i go to load the pic, statement says my pic is a tad too big and I need to resize it, please can someone tell me how to do this please, thank you very much.
hlass

Last edited by hlass; 27-04-2009 at 00:43. Reason: spelling
Old 27-04-2009, 00:57
Level III Lasers Member

Default figured it out-here is the gbp/jpy picture

here is the trade from friday, drawdown was 5 or 6 pips, easy nice quick trade, and yes once again since I am asked a few times already, I trade live, not difficult if one just studies the market and follow the rules
Attached Thumbnails
The Super Simple System-pound-yen-50-pips-ash-style.gif