Thread: good books?
View Single Post
Old 23-05-2009, 19:48
Level II Lasers Member

Default Full Tilt, FOREX, not poker, OK it's a POKER ARTICLE

I still have not gotten use to loosing trades or giving back a big part of a good trade. I can get emotional knots in me and not even know it until i've made that one big stupid trade. This article has help me a bit.

Emotional Mastery (Part 1)

Tilt as it is called in Poker happens to me in Forex. There are tons of websites and articles that cover this topic and for me it applies to forex.

Reading 5-10 articles like this has help me to STOP TRADING before I make that one big stupid trade or a bunch of little stupid trades. Before I feel half crazy or even if I have stupid thoughts jumping off within me I STOP TRADING. I never want to be emotionally out of control, not really knowing whats going on inside of me.

In the past negative thoughts have snowball and I have had 3-5 things bugging me at once. Fueled with anger I'm still hacking away at trades.

NO MORE! Well at least I've increased that odds of it not happenings as much. But I know that it can happen again. And I will continue to be ready for it. And take the medicine for it.

STOP TRADING

WALK AWAY

SORT OUT WHAT I'M FEELING AND THINKING

TAKE A BREAK AND REST

WHEN I'M GOOD AND READY COME BACK FRESH.

PLAN TRADES AND TRADE'EM

WHEN ALL THOSE NEGATIVE THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS ARE GONE AND I'M FOCUSED ON THE MARKET AND THE SETUPS THEN I'M READY TO TRADE.