Forex Lasers Forum | MT4 Indicators | Brokers | Systems

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum | MT4 Indicators | Brokers | Systems > FOREX TRADING > The Systems


The Systems Forex Strategies & Methods. Scalping M1, M5, M15 minute charts, intra day trading M30, H1, swing trading H4, D1, or position trading W1, MN? Trend or reversal?

» Sponsored Links
» Broker Ratings
Forex Metal
www.forexmetal.com
LITE FOREX
www.lite-forex.com
GCI TRADING
www.gcitrading.com
NORTH FINANCE
www.northfinance.com
TRADING POINT
www.trading-point.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 22-03-2009, 10:50
Moments Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Poland
Posts: 6
Default Scalping

Anyone manually trading scalping successfully and tired of spending hours in front of computer screen? Let me know, I will turn it into EA. No matter how complicated it is. One important note: it has to have rules. I am not able to code a discretionary system in which decisions are based on intuition.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 23-03-2009, 23:02
Moments Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Default

I have been scalping EUR/USD ; on 15 minute chart; 3 EMA crossing 8 EMA and have had moderate success. Having an EA would be wonderful for this setup.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 24-03-2009, 04:59
Moments Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Default

I scalp the 5min chart using two ema's and Osma
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2009, 06:46
Super Moments Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faby2k View Post
I scalp the 5min chart using two ema's and Osma
what ema's and do you use?

thanks
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-04-2009, 01:59
Moments Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Anyone manually trading scalping successfully and tired of spending hours in front of computer screen? Let me know, I will turn it into EA. No matter how complicated it is. One important note: it has to have rules. I am not able to code a discretionary system in which decisions are based on intuition.
lay on two
indicators, the first of which is the 20-period EMA (Exponential Moving Average). We use the
exponential moving average over the simple moving average because it places higher weight on
recent movements, which is what we need for fast momentum trades. The moving average is used
to helps us determine the trend. The second indicator that we use is the MACD (Moving Average
Convergence Divergence) histogram which helps us gage momentum. The settings for the MACD
histogram is the default, which is first EMA = 12, second EMA = 26, Signal EMA = 9, all using
the close price.

This strategy waits for a reversal trade but only takes it when momentum supports the reversal
move enough to create a larger extension burst. The position is exited in two separate segments,
the first half helps us lock in gains and ensures that we never turn a winner into a loser. The second
half lets us attempt to catch what could become a very large move with no risk since we already
moved our stop to breakeven.

Rules for a Long Trade

1)
Look for currency pair to be trading below the 20-period EMA and MACD to be
negative

2)
Wait for price to cross above the 20-period EMA, make sure that MACD is either in
the process of crossing from negative to positive or have crossed into positive territory no
longer than 5 bars ago

3)
Go long 10 pips above the 20-period EMA

4)
For aggressive trade, place stop at swing low on 5 minute chart. For conservative
trade, place stop 20 pips below 20-period EMA

High Probability Trading Setups for the Currency Market
20



5)
Sell half of position at entry plus amount risked, move stop on second half to
breakeven

6)
Trail stop by higher of breakeven or 20-period EMA minus 15 pips

Rules for a Short Trade


1)
Look for currency pair to be trading above the 20-period EMA and MACD to be
positive

2)
Wait for price to cross below the 20-period EMA, make sure that MACD is either in
the process of crossing from positive to negative or have crossed into negative territory no
longer than 5 bars ago

3)
Go short 10 pips below the 20-period EMA

4)
For aggressive trade, place stop at swing high on 5 minute chart. For conservative
trade, place stop 20 pips above 20-period EMA

5)
Buy back half of position at entry minus amount risked, move stop on second half to
breakeven

6)
Trail stop by lower of breakeven or 20-period EMA plus 15 pips[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-05-2009, 04:58
Super Moments Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Posts: 33
Default How have your results been with this strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by didikjs View Post
lay on two
indicators, the first of which is the 20-period EMA (Exponential Moving Average). We use the
exponential moving average over the simple moving average because it places higher weight on
recent movements, which is what we need for fast momentum trades. The moving average is used
to helps us determine the trend. The second indicator that we use is the MACD (Moving Average
Convergence Divergence) histogram which helps us gage momentum. The settings for the MACD
histogram is the default, which is first EMA = 12, second EMA = 26, Signal EMA = 9, all using
the close price.

This strategy waits for a reversal trade but only takes it when momentum supports the reversal
move enough to create a larger extension burst. The position is exited in two separate segments,
the first half helps us lock in gains and ensures that we never turn a winner into a loser. The second
half lets us attempt to catch what could become a very large move with no risk since we already
moved our stop to breakeven.

Rules for a Long Trade

1)
Look for currency pair to be trading below the 20-period EMA and MACD to be
negative

2)
Wait for price to cross above the 20-period EMA, make sure that MACD is either in
the process of crossing from negative to positive or have crossed into positive territory no
longer than 5 bars ago

3)
Go long 10 pips above the 20-period EMA

4)
For aggressive trade, place stop at swing low on 5 minute chart. For conservative
trade, place stop 20 pips below 20-period EMA

High Probability Trading Setups for the Currency Market
20



5)
Sell half of position at entry plus amount risked, move stop on second half to
breakeven

6)
Trail stop by higher of breakeven or 20-period EMA minus 15 pips

Rules for a Short Trade


1)
Look for currency pair to be trading above the 20-period EMA and MACD to be
positive

2)
Wait for price to cross below the 20-period EMA, make sure that MACD is either in
the process of crossing from positive to negative or have crossed into negative territory no
longer than 5 bars ago

3)
Go short 10 pips below the 20-period EMA

4)
For aggressive trade, place stop at swing high on 5 minute chart. For conservative
trade, place stop 20 pips above 20-period EMA

5)
Buy back half of position at entry minus amount risked, move stop on second half to
breakeven

6)
Trail stop by lower of breakeven or 20-period EMA plus 15 pips
[/QUOTE]

Have you done well with this strategy? What is your T/P, same distance as your stop loss? Do you trade it conservative or aggressive? I appreciate your feedback.

In good success,
dual-c
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-05-2009, 05:49
Moments Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3
Default

Can we use this scalping tech for GJ. Or any one making profit with this pair with specific indicators. Appreciated for sharing. TQ
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26-10-2012, 08:14
Moments Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 8
Default Re: Scalping

We should avoid too many indicator when scalping.
Some times when you try to get confirmation of all indicators the entry point has gone.... moving averages and RSI should be enough.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51
Moments Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Default Re: Scalping

I think scalping is not very safe trading. Go for normal trading and use stop loss and take profit but some time for scalping there is a chance to take our account balance to Zero. Beside I do scalping but not every time some time. Try to change your strategy if that's not wining strategy.Concentrate in your trading.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-04-2015, 18:37
Momentous Moments Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bangladesh
Posts: 278
Default Re: Scalping

As a newcomer, I am very much dependable on my scalping strategy that makes profit in a short time. Generally, many regulated trading broker are not willing to provide this trading policy in their trading stage. Actually, I am very lucky to select GCI Financial as my trading platform where I can scalp at any currency without facing any kinds of restrictions. This ECN trading platform always ensures best trading stage for scalping by providing only one pip trading spread. So, my trading life is very profitable. Therefore, for using any trading policy, I am for all time getting very narrowest trading spread which is very helpful to make profit in a short time.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Simple SCALPING System manus168 FX SCHOOL (7) : Forex Systems 14 19-05-2017 17:11
Scalping strategies oleg2009 The Systems 16 15-09-2016 08:54
Free Scalping system Lisa25 The Systems 5 06-09-2015 17:30
what is the meaning of scalping? herry_fxhope FX SCHOOL (1) : What is Forex? 16 06-09-2015 10:41
EU, EJ scalping journal (by Rao) Tovinces Trading Journals 33 30-11-2009 22:35

» Sponsored Links
» Log in
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Free Forex Guide
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.1

All times are GMT. The time now is 18:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1