Forex Lasers Forum

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Systems

Forex Systems Forex Strategies & Methods. Scalping M1, M5, M15 minute charts, intra day trading M30, H1, swing trading H4, D1, or position trading W1, MN? Trend or reversal?

» Forex Ad

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22-03-2009, 10:50
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Scalping

Anyone manually trading scalping successfully and tired of spending hours in front of computer screen? Let me know, I will turn it into EA. No matter how complicated it is. One important note: it has to have rules. I am not able to code a discretionary system in which decisions are based on intuition.
Old 23-03-2009, 23:02
Level 1 Lasers Member

I have been scalping EUR/USD ; on 15 minute chart; 3 EMA crossing 8 EMA and have had moderate success. Having an EA would be wonderful for this setup.
Old 24-03-2009, 04:59
Level 1 Lasers Member

I scalp the 5min chart using two ema's and Osma
Old 01-04-2009, 06:46
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faby2k View Post
I scalp the 5min chart using two ema's and Osma
what ema's and do you use?

thanks
Old 27-04-2009, 01:59
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Anyone manually trading scalping successfully and tired of spending hours in front of computer screen? Let me know, I will turn it into EA. No matter how complicated it is. One important note: it has to have rules. I am not able to code a discretionary system in which decisions are based on intuition.
lay on two
indicators, the first of which is the 20-period EMA (Exponential Moving Average). We use the
exponential moving average over the simple moving average because it places higher weight on
recent movements, which is what we need for fast momentum trades. The moving average is used
to helps us determine the trend. The second indicator that we use is the MACD (Moving Average
Convergence Divergence) histogram which helps us gage momentum. The settings for the MACD
histogram is the default, which is first EMA = 12, second EMA = 26, Signal EMA = 9, all using
the close price.

This strategy waits for a reversal trade but only takes it when momentum supports the reversal
move enough to create a larger extension burst. The position is exited in two separate segments,
the first half helps us lock in gains and ensures that we never turn a winner into a loser. The second
half lets us attempt to catch what could become a very large move with no risk since we already
moved our stop to breakeven.

Rules for a Long Trade

1)
Look for currency pair to be trading below the 20-period EMA and MACD to be
negative

2)
Wait for price to cross above the 20-period EMA, make sure that MACD is either in
the process of crossing from negative to positive or have crossed into positive territory no
longer than 5 bars ago

3)
Go long 10 pips above the 20-period EMA

4)
For aggressive trade, place stop at swing low on 5 minute chart. For conservative
trade, place stop 20 pips below 20-period EMA

High Probability Trading Setups for the Currency Market

5)
Sell half of position at entry plus amount risked, move stop on second half to
breakeven

6)
Trail stop by higher of breakeven or 20-period EMA minus 15 pips

Rules for a Short Trade

1)
Look for currency pair to be trading above the 20-period EMA and MACD to be
positive

2)
Wait for price to cross below the 20-period EMA, make sure that MACD is either in
the process of crossing from positive to negative or have crossed into negative territory no
longer than 5 bars ago

3)
Go short 10 pips below the 20-period EMA

4)
For aggressive trade, place stop at swing high on 5 minute chart. For conservative
trade, place stop 20 pips above 20-period EMA

5)
Buy back half of position at entry minus amount risked, move stop on second half to
breakeven

6)
Trail stop by lower of breakeven or 20-period EMA plus 15 pips[/QUOTE]
Old 04-05-2009, 04:58
Level II Lasers Member

Default How have your results been with this strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by didikjs View Post
lay on two
indicators, the first of which is the 20-period EMA (Exponential Moving Average). We use the
exponential moving average over the simple moving average because it places higher weight on
recent movements, which is what we need for fast momentum trades. The moving average is used
to helps us determine the trend. The second indicator that we use is the MACD (Moving Average
Convergence Divergence) histogram which helps us gage momentum. The settings for the MACD
histogram is the default, which is first EMA = 12, second EMA = 26, Signal EMA = 9, all using
the close price.

This strategy waits for a reversal trade but only takes it when momentum supports the reversal
move enough to create a larger extension burst. The position is exited in two separate segments,
the first half helps us lock in gains and ensures that we never turn a winner into a loser. The second
half lets us attempt to catch what could become a very large move with no risk since we already

Rules for a Long Trade

1)
negative

2)
Wait for price to cross above the 20-period EMA, make sure that MACD is either in
the process of crossing from negative to positive or have crossed into positive territory no
longer than 5 bars ago

3)

4)
For aggressive trade, place stop at swing low on 5 minute chart. For conservative

5)
breakeven

6)

Rules for a Short Trade

1)
positive

2)
Wait for price to cross below the 20-period EMA, make sure that MACD is either in
the process of crossing from positive to negative or have crossed into negative territory no
longer than 5 bars ago

3)

4)
For aggressive trade, place stop at swing high on 5 minute chart. For conservative

5)
Buy back half of position at entry minus amount risked, move stop on second half to
breakeven

6)
Trail stop by lower of breakeven or 20-period EMA plus 15 pips
[/QUOTE]

Have you done well with this strategy? What is your T/P, same distance as your stop loss? Do you trade it conservative or aggressive? I appreciate your feedback.

In good success,
dual-c
Old 04-05-2009, 05:49
Level 1 Lasers Member

Can we use this scalping tech for GJ. Or any one making profit with this pair with specific indicators. Appreciated for sharing. TQ
Old 26-10-2012, 08:14
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Re: Scalping

We should avoid too many indicator when scalping.
Some times when you try to get confirmation of all indicators the entry point has gone.... moving averages and RSI should be enough.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51
Level 1 Lasers Member

I think scalping is not very safe trading. Go for normal trading and use stop loss and take profit but some time for scalping there is a chance to take our account balance to Zero. Beside I do scalping but not every time some time. Try to change your strategy if that's not wining strategy.Concentrate in your trading.
Old 12-04-2015, 18:37
Level IV Lasers Member

As a newcomer, I am very much dependable on my scalping strategy that makes profit in a short time. Generally, many regulated trading broker are not willing to provide this trading policy in their trading stage. Actually, I am very lucky to select GCI Financial as my trading platform where I can scalp at any currency without facing any kinds of restrictions. This ECN trading platform always ensures best trading stage for scalping by providing only one pip trading spread. So, my trading life is very profitable. Therefore, for using any trading policy, I am for all time getting very narrowest trading spread which is very helpful to make profit in a short time.
Old 28-05-2015, 13:16
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by didikjs View Post
lay on two
the close price.

Rules for a Long Trade

1)
negative

2)
longer than 5 bars ago

3)

4)

5)
breakeven

6)

Rules for a Short Trade

1)
positive

2)
longer than 5 bars ago

3)

4)

5)
breakeven

6)
Trail stop by lower of breakeven or 20-period EMA plus 15 pips

really good thread guys. thanks so much for this information.
I will try this strategy.
Old 05-06-2015, 01:07
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thanks for sharing this... Will definitely give it a try.
Old 12-06-2015, 13:32
Level IV Lasers Member

In this market place, traders have to depend on their trading strategy for keeping survive. Because, no one has the capacity to calculate the real faction of this market with certainly. in my trading life, from my first day of trading due to having small balance , I have been using scalping strategy which is considered as a most usable and profitable trading policy for all classes of traders. For, applying this trading policy in a proper way, I have chosen TradingBanks where I am getting most accurate candlestick which is very supportive to predict the accurate movement of this market with surely.
Old 13-06-2015, 06:45
Level III Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ddeeen

For scalping, I recommended to trade in ECN account in Liteforex. Using great electronic communication network make all orders processed faster and smooth. I'm also trade in ECN account from Liteforex, with tight spread and fair broker
Old 20-06-2015, 17:24
Level IV Lasers Member

Actually, I am not willing to change my trading strategy, because, I am capable to make profit by using my running scalping policy. And, for using my trading strategy, I have selected GCI Financial which provides me very narrowest trading spread. So, at any major currency trading pair, I can make profit by using my trading policy. So, my trading life is very comfort and profitable in this ECN trading platform.
Old 19-05-2017, 17:08
Level IV Lasers Member

I scalp only using two tools, Stochastic and Relative strength index. I think this two are the best but you have to understand price action very well!
Old 20-05-2017, 08:54
Level III Lasers Member

We the traders who are particularly beginners have to choose the broker which is more appropriate to the concept of trading that will be used; the traders who are particularly scalpers have to choose the broker that allows trading concept such as this. Actually in spite of a profitable trading policy scalping cannot use in a broker due to many restrictions.
Old 07-08-2017, 13:30
Level 1 Lasers Member

Not sure that it is a good idea to use LiteForex for scalping. They are market makers and will not like it when you start scalping.