Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > FOREX TRADING > Forex Systems

The AshFX System - Version II

Forex Systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2009, 15:59
Super Moderator

Default The AshFX System - Version II

Dear all,

I'm proud to present my latest system, AshFX: Version II.

This system is simple, easy, & profitable. Please note however, this system does not provide trade signals every single day - there can be days with no trade at all.. If you're looking for a system that offers very frequent trading signals, then my system may not necessarily be for you.

AshFX V2 uses the following indicators:

- Parabolic SAR (0.05, 0.2)

- AC (Accelerator Oscillator)

- AO (Awesome Oscillator)

- Stochastics (5,3,3)

The system can be used on any currency pair, and is suited for the Daily timeframe (D1), although it can also be used on H4.

Two files attached, 1) the actual system (PDF), and 2) the MT4 Template (TPL). Take the template (TPL file), and apply it in Metatrader. To do this, just copy the TPL file into your \Program Files\Metatrader_Broker\Templates folder, restart MT4, open any chart, right-click on the chart, then click on "Template", and then on AshFXV2. This is what you should be seeing:

P.S. To generate signals, please use a broker that DOESN'T have a Sunday candle (I have been using FXDD MT4 Demo). In fact, for the sake of consistency, it's better if everyone just uses FXDD MT4 Demo to generate signals, and then you can apply these trades in your live account. I am not promoting this broker, I have never used them live, but rather only to generate signals, because they don't have a Sunday candle. Any potential signals are generated everyday at the close of the candle, which is at 9pm to 10pm GMT. So I will update everyone at around that time, every single day (unless I'm really tired or busy or away) right here on this thread, concerning which signals have been generated (if any), and which signals are good to enter in my opinion. Traders here discuss various setups.

Also, please only discuss the pure AshFX V2 system on this thread. If you wish to add your own twists to the system, you may do so here: http://www.forexlasers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask, we cater for all traders, new and experienced. Also, if you are new to trading, it would be a good idea to spend some time going through the brand new FOREX SCHOOL.

Look forward to questions/analysis/discussion/testing.

Regards,

Ash
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AshFXV2.pdf (99.5 KB)
File Type: tpl AshFXV2.tpl (1.6 KB)
Old 09-03-2009, 16:37
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hi Ash,

Thanks for V2, which of course is very similar to V1...let me be the first to ask some very obvious questions...

1. This must have advantages over V1...what are they?

2. The document that outlined the system only cosisted of 'entry conditions'..when will details re SL, TP etc follow or are we to asume 'same as V1'?

3. Are now only trading V2, or still using V1 as well...?

Freddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFX View Post
Dear all,

This system is simple, easy, & profitable.

- Stochastics (5,3,3)

The system can be used on any currency pair, and is suited for the Daily timeframe (D1), although it can also be used on H4.

Unzip the attached zip file, you'll find two files, 1) the actual system, and 2) the MT4 Template. Take the attached template and apply it in Metatrader.

See below for an example of what you should be seeing:

Regards,

Ash
Old 09-03-2009, 16:54
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredx View Post
Hi Ash,

Thanks for V2, which of course is very similar to V1...let me be the first to ask some very obvious questions...

1. This must have advantages over V1...what are they?

2. The document that outlined the system only cosisted of 'entry conditions'..when will details re SL, TP etc follow or are we to asume 'same as V1'?

3. Are now only trading V2, or still using V1 as well...?

Freddi
The system doesn't get you into trades too soon, it waits for the Awesome, the original didn't wait for an Awesome confirmation to enter. This prevents many trades which don't go on to become trends, helps filter out some ranging.

The SL and TP have been explained, in the section entitled "Exit".

Version 2, for a while now.

Ash
Old 09-03-2009, 17:02
Level 1 Lasers Member

Thanks, It is helpful
Old 09-03-2009, 17:03
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Thanks much!

Thanks much for posting the new version. Looking forward to seeing how it does! :D

From me,
dicarlp
Old 09-03-2009, 17:15
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via MSN to SmartFx Send a message via Yahoo to SmartFx
Default Thanks

Hey Ash,

It is gr8 you took time and improve AshFX and I believe it is for a good cause, I will start using it as of today.

Any more rules to it or we just stay with V1 rules?

Regards

SmartFX
SmartKenya
Old 09-03-2009, 17:31
Level III Lasers Member

Default Ash FX moments

Ash,
Thanks for this system. I have been using it as an indicator of the trend since you first "unveiled" it on forexfactory. How about drawdowns?

Cheers

Henry
Old 09-03-2009, 17:34
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Changes to system

I have been trading the original AshFX Daily since Sept 1 across 19 different pairs.

Overall I am up about 13% since Sept 1.

I have missed a couple signals here and there but for the most part have been pretty disciplined.

I have been entering trades basically by the rules you have just presented. All indicators have to line up. Although, I dont pay as much attention to the Stoch, as long as it is going the right direction.

Looking at the new system, it appears the biggest change has been with the PSAR, going to 0.05 and then the exit rules.

With the PSAR that loose, it is going to signal more often. What was the justification beind loosening the rope of the PSAR?

The biggest change to the exit I see is to sell at the first sign of profit. It seems the risk/reward ratio will be reduced by taking the smaller profits. Has this new exit policy resulted in increased overall profit?

In a quick glance, it looks like you would be in and out of trades more often with this setup. From your experience, is this true?
Old 09-03-2009, 17:39
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Version 2

Ash,
Thank you for the newest version. I'm anxious to try it out.
Probably starting tomorrow.
bill
Old 09-03-2009, 17:40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry View Post
Ash,
Thanks for this system. I have been using it as an indicator of the trend since you first "unveiled" it on forexfactory. How about drawdowns?

Cheers

Henry
Relatively speaking, the system's drawdowns are actually manageable, because what's imperative, is to look at it's risk/reward ratio.

If a system's average reward is larger than the average risk as is the case here, then drawdowns shouldn't really be a problem.

So for example, maybe you might have a 200pip drawdown, but if the profit is 300pips, then really, the drawdown isn't actually "huge". A scalping system that has 10pip SL and 2pip TP has huge drawdowns, relatively speaking.
Old 09-03-2009, 17:44
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaurice View Post
I have been trading the original AshFX Daily since Sept 1 across 19 different pairs.

Overall I am up about 13% since Sept 1.

I have missed a couple signals here and there but for the most part have been pretty disciplined.

I have been entering trades basically by the rules you have just presented. All indicators have to line up. Although, I dont pay as much attention to the Stoch, as long as it is going the right direction.

Looking at the new system, it appears the biggest change has been with the PSAR, going to 0.05 and then the exit rules.

With the PSAR that loose, it is going to signal more often. What was the justification beind loosening the rope of the PSAR?

The biggest change to the exit I see is to sell at the first sign of profit. It seems the risk/reward ratio will be reduced by taking the smaller profits. Has this new exit policy resulted in increased overall profit?

In a quick glance, it looks like you would be in and out of trades more often with this setup. From your experience, is this true?
The loosening of the PSAR was done after lots of testing, and this was found to be the best parameter. In addition, the previous system entered BEFORE the Awesome turned red/green. This system waits for the Awesome to come into line, e.g. look at Eur/Usd, so actually, you'll find there are slightly less signals.

And by "first sign of profit", this doesn't necessitate that the reward/risk ratio will be reduced at all, because we close at the end of the day, whether it's 30pips profit, or 300pips profit. The TP is based on price action, it's not fixed like it was before.
Old 09-03-2009, 17:47
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Relatively speaking, the system's drawdowns are actually manageable, because what's imperative, is to look at it's risk/reward ratio.

If a system's average reward is larger than the average risk as is the case here, then drawdowns shouldn't really be a problem.

So for example, maybe you might have a 200pip drawdown, but if the profit is 300pips, then really, the drawdown isn't actually "huge". A scalping system that has 10pip SL and 2pip TP has huge drawdowns, relatively speaking.
What time do you check the charts? Office hours here coincides with the European session.
Old 09-03-2009, 17:49
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to db-trader

Quote:
The system doesn't get you into trades too soon, it waits for the Awesome, the original didn't wait for an Awesome confirmation to enter. This prevents many trades which don't go on to become trends, helps filter out some ranging.

The SL and TP have been explained, in the section entitled "Exit".

Version 2, for a while now.

Ash
thank you so much Ash, I've been looking forward to this all weekend and already set up my charts :)
Old 09-03-2009, 17:51
Super Moderator

Quote:
What time do you check the charts? Office hours here coincides with the European session.
I check the charts at the candle close.
Old 09-03-2009, 18:10
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hi Ash, thanks for system. Is there a misprint in the pdf file? In the entry instructions shouldn't the 80 say 20 and vice versa? Because just being below the 80 does not make a pair oversold, but being below 20 does?
Hopefully some screen shots will be posted eventually (I dont know how to do that). Also, would we rather exit when the AC changes color? The posted trades would have done better.
Thanks
Michael

ENTRY
Sell: When the first PSAR dot appears above the candle, AND stochastic is crossing down but is not
oversold (i.e. not below the 80 line), AND the AC is red, AND the AO is red, AND candle is red (bearish
candle). Only enter once the candle has fully closed.
Buy: When the first PSAR dot appears below the candle, AND stochastic is crossing up but is not
overbought (i.e. not above the 20 line), AND the AC is green, AND the AO is green, AND candle is green
(bullish candle). Only enter once the candle has fully closed

Last edited by Lazarus; 09-03-2009 at 18:21.
Old 09-03-2009, 18:30
Level 1 Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to tlcare
Default V2 template

Is template exactly the same as V1 template? Thx
Old 09-03-2009, 19:24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcare View Post
Is template exactly the same as V1 template? Thx
No, it's slightly different.
Old 09-03-2009, 19:42
Level II Lasers Member

Send a message via Yahoo to db-trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-trader View Post
thank you so much Ash, I've been looking forward to this all weekend and already set up my charts :)
I had been testing the system on the .05 setting as well and I found it lined up better with my AO and AC .

You're a star. Now I have to learn to trade longer times. I guess that's a learning curve. Btw this works nicely on all the
time frames :)
Old 09-03-2009, 19:49
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by db-trader View Post
I had been testing the system on the .05 setting as well and I found it lined up better with my AO and AC .

You're a star. Now I have to learn to trade longer times. I guess that's a learning curve. Btw this works nicely on all the
time frames
Thanks db, appreciate the heads up.
Old 09-03-2009, 19:55
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default V2 Looks Good - Thanks

Hi Ash,

Thanks for taking the time to make this enhancement to v1.

May I assume that the EA that I am eagerly anticipating will be based on v2 instead of v1?

Thanks again for all the hard work and time you put forth for us.

Richard
Old 09-03-2009, 19:55
Level II Lasers Member

How does AshFX2 differ from AshFX1 Primary strength only trades?
Old 09-03-2009, 19:57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by benscoobert View Post
How does AshFX2 differ from AshFX1 Primary strength only trades?
I no longer differentiate between Primary and Second strength trades.

In this version, there is only one type of trade.
Old 09-03-2009, 19:58
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisthere48 View Post
Hi Ash,

Thanks for taking the time to make this enhancement to v1.

May I assume that the EA that I am eagerly anticipating will be based on v2 instead of v1?

Thanks again for all the hard work and time you put forth for us.

Richard
Yes, correct. (I did place one from Ronald Raygun in the Version 1 thread by the way).
Old 09-03-2009, 20:21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartFx View Post
Hey Ash,

It is gr8 you took time and improve AshFX and I believe it is for a good cause, I will start using it as of today.

Any more rules to it or we just stay with V1 rules?

Regards

SmartFX
SmartKenya
Hey SmartKenya,

It's great to have you on board. Yep, the main difference between V1 and V2 is the exits.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Old 09-03-2009, 20:43
Level 1 Lasers Member

I have a question Ash.

On many of the trades, the AC comes before the AO. Can't we take these trades??
Old 09-03-2009, 20:44
Level II Lasers Member

Thanks for the update!
Old 09-03-2009, 20:46
Level 1 Lasers Member

Sorry ash, I forgot to say thanks too!

Ur help is very much appreciated. Your pip nailer system is the first system i tried in forex, and it really helped me. there are not a lot of people like you who go out of their way to help traders.

Thanks so much.
Old 09-03-2009, 20:56
Level 1 Lasers Member

Did you take this usd/chf trade?
Attached Thumbnails
The AshFX System - Version II-chf.gif  
Old 09-03-2009, 21:00
Level II Lasers Member

Quote:
Dear all,

This system is simple, easy, & profitable.

- Stochastics (5,3,3)

Unzip the attached zip file, you'll find two files, 1) the actual system, and 2) the MT4 Template. Take the attached template and apply it in Metatrader.

See below for an example of what you should be seeing:

Regards,

Ash
HI

Thank you very much for sharing the new version

I'm new in forex and never used the last version

I will start using it to try it.

Best Regards
Old 09-03-2009, 21:04
Super Moderator

I forgot to mention something.

For this system, it's better if you use a broker that DOESN'T use a Sunday bar.

This is why I use FXDD (in demo). So basically, you just need to download an FXDD MT4 Demo, use that for identifying trades, and simply enter the trades in your live broker.
Old 09-03-2009, 21:12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchcredit View Post
Did you take this usd/chf trade?
Nope, I never. And I want you to tell me why, if you can.
Old 09-03-2009, 21:15
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Version 1 & 2 difference

Hi Ash,
I just received your new version by email and downloaded it. I am comparing with the first one and am looking for the improvements:
1) PSAR is now 0.05 instead of 0.03. Why is this better?
2) In version 2: S@stoch (i.e. not below the 20 line), in first version: (i.e. not below the 50), - In version 2: B@stoch (i.e. not above the 80line), in first version: (i.e. not above the 50).
Please clarify your choices and advantages.
Thanks in advance
Bern in Belgium
Old 09-03-2009, 21:37
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Daily bars start at GMT +0?

Quote:
I forgot to mention something.

For this system, it's better if you use a broker that DOESN'T use a Sunday bar.

This is why I use FXDD (in demo). So basically, you just need to download an FXDD MT4 Demo, use that for identifying trades, and simply enter the trades in your live broker.
Does it matter if a broker (FXDD or otherwise) begins to draw a new daily bar at GMT +0 or does this have any effect on the system at all? I ask since I recall a comment from someone (cabbagepicker maybe?) saying that ODL was preferred due to the fact that new daily bars are drawn at GMT +0.

Also, is there any preference in broker charting if trade are to be made using 4H charts?

Thanks much for your attention to this and for your feedback, Ash! :cool:

From me,
dicarlp
Old 09-03-2009, 22:32
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbeach View Post
Hi Ash,
I just received your new version by email and downloaded it. I am comparing with the first one and am looking for the improvements:
1) PSAR is now 0.05 instead of 0.03. Why is this better?
2) In version 2: S@stoch (i.e. not below the 20 line), in first version: (i.e. not below the 50), - In version 2: B@stoch (i.e. not above the 80line), in first version: (i.e. not above the 50).
Please clarify your choices and advantages.
Thanks in advance
Bern in Belgium
As explained above, AO is now compulsory, and as a result PSAR 0.05 in conjunction with AO works better. I noticed more and more that it didn't make much of a difference where Stochs were, as long as they weren't overbought or oversold.
Old 09-03-2009, 22:33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicarlp View Post
Does it matter if a broker (FXDD or otherwise) begins to draw a new daily bar at GMT +0 or does this have any effect on the system at all? I ask since I recall a comment from someone (cabbagepicker maybe?) saying that ODL was preferred due to the fact that new daily bars are drawn at GMT +0.

Also, is there any preference in broker charting if trade are to be made using 4H charts?

Thanks much for your attention to this and for your feedback, Ash!

From me,
dicarlp
That's actually a good question, which I can't accurately answer. I suppose as long as it doesn't have a Sunday bar, it should be OK.

As for H4, again, I tested it on FXDD. You are free to try on ODL, and let us know your results.
Old 09-03-2009, 22:44
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Nope, I never. And I want you to tell me why, if you can.
Ash I tried to post before, but it didn't work i think.

I said I wasn't too sure why you didn't take the trade.

Please can you explain?

thanks.
Old 10-03-2009, 00:40
Level III Lasers Member

Quote:
Ash,
Thanks for this system. I have been using it as an indicator of the trend since you first "unveiled" it on forexfactory. What I found is that the drawdaown on the longer timeframes can be huge. Have you perhaps looked into this aspect of the system.

Cheers

Henry
What?!?!? It was released elsewhere first?

Tsk! Tsk! Ash you should release it here days before you release it elsewhere for the benefit of your loyal fans and subscribers
Old 10-03-2009, 03:57
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Another forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedgehog View Post
What?!?!? It was released elsewhere first?

Tsk! Tsk! Ash you should release it here days before you release it elsewhere for the benefit of your loyal fans and subscribers
I think V1 was first unveiled on FF, before forexmoments was launched. To be honest, FF had an awful lot of rubbish to wade though to get to the useful posts. I'm glad that Ash launched this site, and thanks are due to him from all of us for sharing his efforts with us.

One suggestion - maybe we could have a separate thread for the signals that the system generates? If the titles include the date and the pair, that would be easy for all to follow.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:25
Level 1 Lasers Member

Default Thanks

Hi
This is my first post and I just wanted to thank you for this version.
It sounds pretty good , let's use it and post the results.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:15
Level III Lasers Member

Default AshFX2 Signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonleung View Post
I think V1 was first unveiled on FF, before forexmoments was launched. To be honest, FF had an awful lot of rubbish to wade though to get to the useful posts. I'm glad that Ash launched this site, and thanks are due to him from all of us for sharing his efforts with us.

One suggestion - maybe we could have a separate thread for the signals that the system generates? If the titles include the date and the pair, that would be easy for all to follow.
Of course ASH deserves all the thanks. I was only kidding up there... You are right that on a lot of the forums, there are just too much junk and 'scams' to wade through to actually get something half decent to look into.

Anyway, another thread for AshFX2 signals would be interesting. I am all for it. Actually I don't mind a AshFX2 alert. Anyone can code?