Forex Forums | ForexLasers.com

Go Back   Forex Lasers Forum > METATRADER FORUM > Expert Advisors / Robots

Hello

Expert Advisors / Robots

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2012, 01:33

Default Re: Hello

hey guys I had a pretty huge trade show this weekend so Im pretty wiped out but tomorrow I will post updates. Also I am about to start testing a new ea.

I'll talk to you guys later,
John
Old 13-03-2012, 08:18
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hi all,

I am a new trader. I get many troubles. Hope that I can learn experience from all of you via this forum. Thanks
Old 14-03-2012, 19:30

Winnie Welcome to forexmoments.com In this area of the forum I do live testing with expert advisors. They are a great tool to use while you are learning but you should definitely learn how to trade.

It is always best to have a good understanding of what your doing, but some ea's will allow you to "fake it till you make it"

Right now Magic-Champ 2 is by far my best ea if you wanted to know a good ea to start with.

Talk to you later,
John
Old 28-03-2012, 23:26

I don't have a thread on it but I thought I would share that Forex Growth Bot has been doing well lately and in fact is up about +4% for the month of March with extremely conservative settings.
Old 09-04-2012, 17:52
Level 1 Lasers Member

Hallo my name is John!
trying to learn a programming language MQL and writing some robots
this is one of:
Attached Thumbnails
Hello-.png  
Old 16-04-2012, 14:57
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnykanoo View Post
Winnie Welcome to forexmoments.com In this area of the forum I do live testing with expert advisors. They are a great tool to use while you are learning but you should definitely learn how to trade.

It is always best to have a good understanding of what your doing, but some ea's will allow you to "fake it till you make it"

Right now Magic-Champ 2 is by far my best ea if you wanted to know a good ea to start with.

Talk to you later,
John
Hello John!

First i would like to say that i admire your achievements:
-a clear strategy by running different ea at all times combined with money management system, a steady rate of win and most important being able to share with others your experience.
I am watching your threads, learned a lot and find that your strategy suits me very well. I have a full time job, lost money based on over-trading, have just one year of experience and now I'm interested in a ea system with steady gains (as an alternative to my office work).
Since i am at the first trades wit an ea and still have a demo account please help me with the answer to the following questions:
- have you tried to build your own indicator or ea ? (i saw that there are lots of announcements to build a mql4 ea against payment)
- what can i do if i can not afford to buy several ea in order to test and/or diminish the risk ?
- i am looking to buy Magic Champ II. Is it worth buying the pro version ?

Thanks and good luck!
Old 08-05-2012, 22:12

if you can't afford ea's right now maybe you can find free ea's that only require you to open an account using there ib. There is one called m78 I have been wanting to try

and another one is hyper ea. I forget who bought it. Also real profit ea offers an unlimited demo so you can try before you buy. Just be warned that demo results are not as accurate as live results.

good luck. I'm sorry it took so long for a response I don't know how I missed your post.

If I had to suggest anything I would say look into forex real profit ea. the vendor seems very genuine.
Old 20-05-2012, 07:29
Level II Lasers Member

Been keeping steadfast with this thread for a while. Interesting read and informative. How did the trade show go?
Old 21-05-2012, 20:08

Quote:
Been keeping steadfast with this thread for a while. Interesting read and informative. How did the trade show go?
They went to well :D Now I'm so busy there's barely any time to relax and enjoy the summer. Thanks for asking.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:38
Level 1 Lasers Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnykanoo View Post
if you can't afford ea's right now maybe you can find free ea's that only require you to open an account using there ib. There is one called m78 I have been wanting to try

and another one is hyper ea. I forget who bought it. Also real profit ea offers an unlimited demo so you can try before you buy. Just be warned that demo results are not as accurate as live results.

good luck. I'm sorry it took so long for a response I don't know how I missed your post.

If I had to suggest anything I would say look into forex real profit ea. the vendor seems very genuine.
not every commercial EA is suck - and not every commercial EA free even for DEMO! did you saw in new version of MT4 - Signals ?
Old 07-12-2014, 17:47
Level 1 Lasers Member

I'm back to this forum, in order to learn more about Forex.

I've always invested most of my time and money learning how to deal with the stock markets, but now that I've programmed a lot of trading strategies I wish to experiment more with Forex.
Old 30-12-2014, 11:48
Level 1 Lasers Member

Strange how this thread has been quite for so long given the plethora of EA's out there.

Anyway I've tried a fair few of them and so far it is my experience that they will work some of the time but not all of the time meaning very tight control, I firmly believe that there is no such thing as a set and forget EA. At some point no matter how much you make if you leave the EA to it's own devices it will sooner or later take back with interest what it made.

Recent EA's which made me money and then started to lose it again but got shut down before all profits disappeared where the Arbritrage EA, Keltner Pro EA. Both made money early on but since August right up to date those EA's have been losing money by the bucket load and I no longer use them.

I have one EA which has paid for itself about 8 times over currently shut off until January which I have been trading for 3 months with seriously good results and I will be watching it like a hawk in January to see if it too decides to attempt to give back all the profits. EA is MFM4 and it pretty darn cheap for what it is. No settings as the settings are downloaded via the EA from the vendor. Only ever takes buy trades, don't ask me why, vendor is not the most talkative and rarely if ever replies to my emails.

Another one I'm using on very low settings because the risk on the default is just plain silly but having said that if you are a risk taker then sure you can get some serious results but if your timing is not good it will practically wipe your account if it hits one of it's bad runs. My advice is set risk to 1% wait for two bad runs and then set it higher, as soon as your account doubles and it will very quickly drop to 1% and repeat but take initial bank out first and play with the made money. EA is Adaptive Scalper, not a cheap EA at all and I still have a very very long way to go before I pay for this EA because I just cannot bring myself to set the recommended settings, plus you have to use certain brokers with certain currency.. To be honest had I not already got the EA I would not buy it but it is trading pretty well since the upgrade which appeared shortly after a bad spell in which a lot of people lost a lot of money on this EA hence my fear of upping the risk on this EA, it is going to have to perform for quite a long time before I increase my risk on this one.

Free EA in demo and doing really really well is a day trading EA from the Steve Hopwood forum. EA is called Pipcrushers Pipmasher, but do be warned if you have never been to that forum think once, twice and three times before posting as the owner Steve Hopwood is a very rude man totally lacking in any social grace and who has absolutely no time for noob traders asking questions. If you even consider replying to his posts in the same tone that he does you will get banned, apparently it's his forum his rules so you have been warned, my advice is if you are unsure do not post and try to find the answer to any questions by reading the forum, chances are it's been asked before. There are a lot of EA's over there and despite demo trading nearly all of them this is the only one I have seen produce any real results worth looking at but still in demo for the time being.